Dog-Friendly Scottish Highlands
With stunning landscapes, majestic mountains and historic wonders, The Scottish Highlands is a truly magnificent place to visit. Whether you're looking for a cosy cottage or luxury hotel, there's a brilliant choice of dog-friendly accommodation and outdoor space for you and your pup to enjoy.
- Spean Bridge, Scotland
Black Sheep Hotels Cabins are dog-friendly, self-catered cabins on the shores of Loch Lochy with a Highland-inspired, home from home feel. Just a short drive from Fort William the cabins have stunning views, dog-friendly loch-side restaurant and spa close by.£250Price per night from
- Gairloch, Scotland
The dog-friendly Shieldaig Hotel is an original hunting lodge in the West Highlands in a stunning location on a 26,00 acre estate overlooking the shores of Gairlock - a magical place that you and your dog will love!£140Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Nigg, ScotlandSet in a quiet rural location, this cosy holiday cottage enjoys lovely views across open countryside towards Nigg Bay and the Cromarty Firth. An RSPB Reserve, sea trips, fishing, golf, castles and south, west and east facing beaches all within easy reach. Great for touring the scenic Highlands. Historic Cromarty is a short ferry trip (only available in summer, also accessible by road) with Inverness, the Highland Capital approx 45 minutes’ drive. Shops 4½ miles, pubs 3 miles. Can be booked with property 19987 (which has adjoining garden) to sleep up to 12 guests.£79From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Banavie, ScotlandLapwing Rise has four double bedrooms, all en-suite, sleeping eight guest. You also have a fabulous hot tub to relax in. Enjoying wonderful views across the Caledonian Canal to Ben Nevis, the Aonach Mor ski range and Glen Nevis, this bright and spacious detached bungalow is situated on a working croft in one of the most spectacular parts of the Highlands. There is a wealth of activities in the area, including skiing, climbing, hill walking, mountain biking, sailing, fishing and golf. Although rural the property is not isolated; the local shop is 0.75 miles and pub and restaurant are a very short walk away. During the summer the West Highland steam train, as seen in Harry Potter Films, passes close by en route to Mallaig, where ferries depart for Skye and the small isles. Fort William, ‘the outdoor capital of the Highlands’ is just 4 miles away. It boasts a variety of excellent facilities, including swimming pool, and restaurants. The property makes an ideal base for touring the numerous places of interest in the region, including Glencoe, Loch Ness and the beautiful unspoilt Ardnamurchan Peninsula. Shop 0.75 miles, pub and restaurant 500 yards.
Lapwing Rise can be booked together with UK33901 Stepps Cottage (sleeps 8) which is next door.£95From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Carrbridge, ScotlandThis detached holiday home sits in a quiet area of the Scottish village of Carrbridge. Warm, cosy and welcoming, the property is perfect at any time of the year. Visitors will find that this small but lively village offers a traditional Highland welcome and provides the ideal base for a truly memorable holiday. Shop, pub and restaurant 400 yards.£89From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Fort Augustus, ScotlandAt the southern tip of Loch Ness and within easy walking distance of all the village amenities, this comfortable and charming detached holiday cottage, a family home for 150 years, was originally a croft on the site of an 18th century English army camp. It stands down a quiet lane and has its own secluded grassed garden with separate flagged terrace, patio and barbecue. Pleasure trips are available on Loch Ness and mountain bike and forest trails are nearby. Urquhart Castle and Loch Ness Monster Museum is at Drumnadrochit on the way to Inverness. Shop and pub 500 yards.£89From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kingussie, ScotlandIdeally located in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park, this 100 year old semi-detached stone cottage makes a stylish holiday base, offering mountain walks from the door and a terraced garden with mountain views. Within a few miles, Cairngorm Funicular Railway, winter ski area, Highland Wildlife Park, the Rothiemurchus Highland Estate and Aviemore offer everything for the outdoor explorer, and spa facilities, tea rooms and shopping. Historic sites, distilleries, golf, castles, scenic walks, skiing, fishing, RSPB reserves, horse riding, cycling and water sports locally. Shop and restaurant 300 yards.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Plockton, ScotlandThis attractive church conversion first floor apartment, in the heart of the National Trust Village of Plockton, offers visitors comfortable first floor holiday accommodation. Enjoy the views from the open plan living room looking over Plockton Bay where seals and otters can regularly be spotted. The village featured in the TV series of ’Hamish McBeth’ offers a choice of hotels and restaurants specialising in local seafood. Enjoy boat trips from the village and fishing is available nearby. Convenient to visit Eilean Donan Castle and Isle of Skye.£68From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lairg, ScotlandPhil’s House (ref SUUR), an architect designed, eco-friendly, single-storey house and Reid’s Cottage (ref UYT), a bright and cosy Highland croft house, enjoy an elevated position with panoramic views over the village of Lairg, waters of the Loch Shin and towards the hills beyond. Furnished and equipped to very high standards, they ensure a comfortable and pleasant holiday in this lovely part of the Highlands. Activities include mountain biking in the forest trails, fishing and stalking (by prior arrangement), hill walking or kayaking on the lochs and rivers. Golf courses nearby. For the less energetic, just relax in the comfort of the house and watch the ever changing scenery. Shops and pubs
1/4mile.£74From price per night based on 7 night stay