Dog-friendly Cottages Highlands
With spellbinding landscapes and paw-inspiring scenery, the Scottish Highlands is a magnificent natural playground which begs to be explored by both doggies and their human companions. You and your pooch can embark on an adventure through the mountains, snoop out the mysterious lochs, or stroll along the captivating coastline.
- Wick, ScotlandLochside Cottage will not fail to impress, the recently added conservatory off the main living room, is the perfect addition, where you can sit and watch the wild dear roam over the fields. You enter this spacious, detached bungalow via a practical storm porch, which is ideal for drying off your wet clothing, or your four legged friend, after a walk. There is a formal dining room, three bedrooms, one with a kingsize bed and en-suite shower room. There are two further bedrooms, with views over the Loch, both of which are serviced by the family bathroom. The kitchen is well equipped and offers views over the adjoining land. The living room has a wood burner for those chilly evenings, and is open plan with the conservatory. Outside, there is a large, enclosed garden and private parking.
There are numerous places of interest, and a range of sporting activities in the area. The nearby village of Lybster has an interesting past, built at the height of the 19th-century herring boom. With its pretty harbour and beach, it is well worth a visit. This coast has some of the most outstanding beaches to be found anywhere. Fishing, golf, horse riding, kayaking, sailing, mountain biking and wildlife watching are all enjoyed locally, and puffins, seals, dolphins and whales are seen around these coastal waters. Beach 6½ miles. Shop 7 miles, pub and restaurant 6½ miles.£72From price per night based on 7 night stay
- St Andrews, ScotlandScotstarvit Farmhouse is a welcoming, detached traditional stone farmhouse, furnished to an excellent standard throughout. Guests will find a warm and cosy home with ample space for all to enjoy at any time of the year.
In the heart of rural Fife, the farmhouse is accessed by a private lane in a quiet location. There are fabulous wide-open views from the garden and upstairs bedrooms. On the ground floor the well-equipped kitchen with breakfast table has French doors leading out into the garden. There is plenty of space for everyone to enjoy, the living and dining room with cosy sofas and large dining table is a great hub for everyone to gather, while the separate sitting room with wood burner is an ideal space for watching your favourite TV programs. The ground floor is accessible for less mobile guests with level access throughout and a wonderful double bedroom with an en-suite shower room and fabulous walk-in shower.
The first floor has two further double bedrooms and two bathrooms, offering plenty of space for all the family. The garden around the house has a patio so you can take advantage of the sun all day, admire the views and enjoy a glass of wine. An ideal location for exploring the Fife Coastal Route following the shore to quaint fishing villages and sandy coves, there is plenty of opportunity for walking and cycling. For golf enthusiasts it is a mere fifteen minutes to St Andrew’s seven golf courses as well as Lundin Links, Leven and Ladybank golf courses. Within half an hour are Elie, Crail, Kingsbarns, St Andrew’s Bay and the new Dumbarnie courses and within one hour are Carnoustie, Panmure and Gleneagles courses.
The ancient, historic city of St Andrews is only 10 miles away and is ideal for visiting family at St Andrews University or attending a graduation ceremony. A popular tourist destination St Andrews has lots of places to eat, from quality cafés, bars and restaurants, to ice cream parlours, as well as some excellent shopping. The city also boasts two white sandy beaches, a harbour and many historic buildings.
During your stay be sure to visit the British Golf Museum, a must for golf enthusiasts with championship courses as well as family friendly courses to play. Nearby Hill of Tarvit Mansion and Falkland Palace and garden are well worth visiting, the latter one of Scotland’s finest Renaissance palaces and steeped in history. Fans of the epic TV series ‘Outlands’ will recognise the location which was used as 1940’s Inverness. Dundee is only a half hour drive away, home to the V&A museum with Scott’s ship ‘RRS Discovery’. There are regular direct trains to the centre of Edinburgh from Cupar and Ladybank. Beach 7 miles.£138From price per night based on 7 night stay
- St Andrews, ScotlandWest cottage is situated just outside the village of Freuchie between the historic county town of Cupar and a larger new town of Glenrothes.
This charming ‘home away from home’ is the ideal base to explore the wonders of the beautiful Kingdom of Fife. This 3-bedroom cottage is ideal for families, couples and small groups and will sleep 6 people comfortably across 3 double bedrooms. The master bedroom has an en-suite shower room and there is a family bathroom off the main hall serving the rest of the property. The spacious living space includes a living/dining room and a second garden living room with a sunny western position. The kitchen is equipped with modern appliances and everything you’ll need for the few meals you’ll likely be preparing due to the number of fabulous restaurants, pubs and cafes nearby. There is parking for 3 cars and a lovely garden area outside.
The space outside is a wonderful spot to enjoy the world going by, the view and a flavour of the peace and quiet that only such tranquil areas can offer. Situated not far from the main North/South arterial motorway, the M90, West Cottage is exceptionally well located, allowing relatively easy access to county’s many attractions. Glasgow to the west will take just over an hour, Edinburgh and Dundee will take less than an hour as will the famous St Andrews with one of the UK’s finest beaches and of course the Home of Golf.£96From price per night based on 7 night stay
- St Andrews, ScotlandWhat a fantastic little bungalow, perfect for a romantic coastal break, situated back from the Tayport marina with wonderful views from the living room over all the boats moored there. Watch the comings and goings of this vibrant harbour while having your morning coffee, either from the living room or step outside through the patio doors onto the enclosed sitting out area at the front overlooking the harbour.
The property is tastefully decorated throughout and has everything you could wish for in a restful break away. A very well-equipped kitchen, living room with patio doors, bathroom with shower over bath and double bedroom, are all very comfortably furnished, while at the rear of the property is a little patio area with table and chairs and cycle store.
This is a superb area for cycling with dedicated pathways running all along the coast towards St Andrews, renowned of course for being the Home of Golf. There are many courses apart from the Royal and Ancient, with Scotscraig just a 5-minute drive away, 13th oldest course in the world! The fine sands at Tentsmuir Nature Reserve are wonderful for walking, with the forest behind, interspersed with lots of trails through mixed woodland and a wonderful sandy beach. Enjoy a tour at one of Fife’s newest craft distilleries, Tayport Distillery, who make flavoured gin, vodka and eau de vie, or back over the famous Tay Bridge, the cosmopolitan city of Dundee awaits, with the RSS Discovery, the V & A and plenty of boutique shops and eateries for you to enjoy. This is a perfect year-round destination. Beach 7 miles.£58From price per night based on 7 night stay
- St Andrews, ScotlandThe Kensington isn’t just any ordinary lodge, the name speaks for itself. The Kensington is a 5-star luxury lodge where you can relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. Set in over 170 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with woodland walks leading onto Cameron Reservoir with fly fishing available.
This lovely luxury resort has its own bar and restaurant and coffee shop to treat yourself after a day on the some of the world’s most famous golf course, or a day out exploring and shopping the historical and beautiful town of St Andrews. The Kensington is hidden away in Fife’s stunning countryside and yet just a 5-minute drive from St Andrews. Perfectly located towards the rear of this small and peaceful resort, indulge yourself in the private hot tub and small garden area. Boasting uninterrupted views and spacious surrounds, it makes for an ideal short break any time of the year. The Kensington has a very bright and spacious lounge and a jaw dropping modern luxury kitchen, complete with Hamilton bluetooth integrated radios. There are two comfortable bedrooms, one double room and a large master bedroom with an en-suite shower room.
There is also a large decking area with garden furniture where you can relax with a nice glass of wine on the very long Scottish summer evenings. This new lodge has been built throughout to a very high-quality standard and decorated with plush furnishings and finishes.
St. Andrews may be known principally for its championship golf courses, but this charming and historic town is also a wonderful place for holidays. It has a lovely old-world atmosphere that comes from its old university and medieval buildings. In amongst the cobbled streets and narrow alley ways of the medieval town centre, offering plenty of shops, cafés and restaurants. Discover the St. Andrew’s Castle, Cathedral and adjacent Church of St. Regulus, and climb the steps in the tower for magnificent views over the town. This is a coastal town with access to a wide sandy beach where you can stroll or indulge in some seal spotting which can often be seen off this coast.£195From price per night based on 7 night stay
- St Andrews, ScotlandThe Orchard is a large detached gated house found on the edge of the bustling historic town of Cupar. Surrounded by golf clubs and less than a twenty-minute drive to St Andrews and one hour to Edinburgh.
This luxurious house boasts four large bedrooms, a wonderful spacious living room for gathering in the evening after a day of exploring the beautiful surrounding area, a fantastic dining room, fully equipped modern kitchen, and a large garden. The ground floor accommodation offers excellent, flexible, and open-plan living space. On the ground floor you will find two bedrooms, one kingsize room and one super kingsize room with an en-suite bathroom. The living room with a lovely wood burner set into a slate hearth, and a large south facing window overlooking the garden. Double doors open into the dining end of the open plan kitchen/dining room. There is an impressive bow window which overlooks the garden with doors leading out onto the patio.
The kitchen area is fitted with a central island with breakfast bar. All surfaces are granite and units have integrated kitchen appliances. Next to the kitchen the utility room is complete with a large belfast sink, extra fridge, washing machine and tumble dryer and some extra storage. There is also a family bathroom on this level, and a large coat cupboard that can be used for golf clubs or a buggy. Head up the stairs to the first floor where you will find two bright and spacious super kingsize bedrooms, one of which is also equipped with a pull-out double day bed. Both with have south facing dormer windows, and Velux windows facing north over the playing fields and to the hills beyond.
The house is approached through remote-controlled wrought iron gates, opening onto a generous monobloc parking area and double garage. The grounds are fully enclosed by a stone wall and beech hedge providing the house with peace and privacy. The south-facing garden is surrounded by stocked borders and flower beds containing a variety of trees and shrubs. A summerhouse sits to the south of the garden on the edge of the lawn and creates a wonderfully sunny area to enjoy. With so much to do on the doorstep and all the local amenities within a few minutes’ walk, you will have a memorable stay at The Orchard and will want to keep coming back.£287From price per night based on 7 night stay
- St Andrews, ScotlandThis beautiful semi-detached, 19th-century farmhouse tastefully blends original features with contemporary style, offering space and comfort in a stunning rural setting. With wonderful views over the River Tay and rolling hills, this charming holiday cottage is on the edge of a steading conversion where ducks and geese swim on the old mill race. Newburgh village is a short stroll with shops, art gallery and dining pubs. Golf, fishing, cycling, motor racing and sky diving nearby. Visit Perth, 13 miles, St Andrews, 20 miles or just savour the peace. Within walking distance of the property is Lindores Abbey Distillery which offers tours. Shops and pubs ½ mile.£79From price per night based on 7 night stay