With a medieval castle and spectacular scenery, Stirling is a great base for a Scottish escape for you and your furry friend. Stirling is well placed to travel to Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park. There you will find beautiful woodlands, walking paths and villages dotted about the area. Plus, the stunning views you'd expect in the Highlands. Stirling is a foodie favourite and a great location for fantastic restaurants.
- Brig o'Turk, ScotlandThis spacious, detached holiday cottage is set in the pretty hamlet of Brig O’ Turk in the heart of the Trossachs National Park and is perfect for friends or family who want to spend time together in this beautiful location. From the front door, there are endless miles of footpaths and cycle trails to explore in Glen Finglas and the surrounding area, and for the more adventurous, there are hills and mountains to climb such as Ben Ledi, Ben Venue and Ben A’an. Trout fishing can be enjoyed on the nearby loch and river and licences can be obtained from the local post office. There are activities for all ages to pursue, including sailing and boat trips on local lochs, castles, visitor attractions, heritage centres and whisky distilleries. The location is also perfect for golfing enthusiasts with several local courses close by and the famous Gleneagles course only 40 minutes drive.
This picturesque area has been attracting visitors for centuries, which was once part of a royal deer forest where kings hunted, steeped in history with stories of cattle drovers and whisky smugglers. Sir Walter Scott wrote poetry about its beauty and there is the John Ruskin and the Glasgow Boys Trail to follow in the hamlet.
The highland town of Callander is only five minutes’ drive and ideal for picking up supplies with a variety of shops, tearooms, restaurants and bars. If you are worn out after exploring the area you can relax in the garden with a glass of wine and enjoy the views, or curl up in front of the open fire on cooler days. Pub and Restaurant 500 yards.£99From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Callander, ScotlandEnjoy a relaxed active holiday in this spacious lochside property with its own private shore with jetty, offering stunning loch / mountain views. Carsaig is an immaculately presented, detached holiday cottage in an unrivalled setting on the shore of Loch Venacher in the heart of the Trossachs National Park. The holiday property is set in 3 acres of grounds which lead down to a private lochside beach and jetty with outstanding views across the loch and the surrounding hillside and Trossachs. Carsaig offers spacious accommodation and makes a wonderful base from which to venture out with friends and family to enjoy the area and all it has to offer. Wander round Carsaig’s garden Woodland Fairy Trail, enjoy a game of petanque and savour long evenings round the wood burning stove in the outdoor seating area.
The loch is ideal to swim, SUP or on windier days is great for windsurfing. Guests are welcome to bring their own unpowered craft which can be launched from the beach. There are endless miles of forest roads, footpaths through woodlands and around the loch. For the more adventurous, there are hills and mountains to climb such as Ben Ledi, Ben Venue and Ben A’an. For cyclists, the Dukes Pass offers an unrivalled road riding route and for gravel riders, there are over 200 miles of single and wide tracked gravel tracks.
Carsaig is situated near the famous Route 7 which is is part of the National Cycle Network, which takes in some of the most breathtaking scenery in the UK. For mountain bikers, the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park is home to Britain’s largest off-road cycle network. This area is ideal for golfing with several local courses close by, and the famous Gleneagles course is only 40 minutes’ drive. Kids can enjoy local activities such as the treetop adventures of Go Ape at Aberfoyle or the waterpark assault course at Loch Ard. The bustling Highland town of Callander, with a variety of quaint shops, tearooms, restaurants, and bars, is only 5 minutes’ drive and ideal for sourcing supplies. After exploring the local area, unwind in the hot tub or relax on the decking with a glass of wine and enjoy the incredible views across the loch to Ben Venue. Wildlife is abundant including red squirrels, red kites, and ospreys as well as local birds which are frequent visitors. The award-winning restaurant, Venacher Lochside, is next door serving coffee and cakes, relaxed lunches, and dinners.
Within an easy drive is Stirling, 30 minutes, whilst Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Perth, 1 hour. Shops 4 miles, pub 2 miles, restaurants 3 miles.£240From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Callander, ScotlandThis is a superb location for a family holiday, hidden away in Invertrossachs in Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park. Your journey to the cottages takes you through some of the most spectacular scenery along the side of Loch Venachar. Originally built at the beginning of the 1900s as part of Invertrossachs Estate for the game keeper, this area has long been known for its outstanding natural beauty. Queen Victoria visited the estate in 1869 and planted a tree to commemorate the visit. A magical place for nature lovers and bird watchers, you are surrounded by ancient woodland with deer, pine martens, otters who fish in the stream, flora and fauna. A perfect location to relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings of this spectacular area.
If you prefer to go out into the great outdoors then you are spoilt for choice. From your doorstep there is an abundance of footpaths, cycle tracks, sailing and fishing. There are some excellent mountain walks locally with Ben Ledi, Ben Venue, Ben Lomond, all within a short drive. There is a local golf course in Callander and several excellent courses within an hour’s drive, including Gleneagles. Nearby Callander, a Victorian tourist town and famed for being the location for the original TV series of Dr Finlay’s casebook, is a good place to enjoy a meal or drink, stock up with supplies and some general retail therapy.
Bonnie’s Bothy (UKC2132) is a detached cottage and is perfect for a couple, in a quiet location with a private enclosed decked area with table and chairs, perfect for the summer months. The open plan living area has a cosy wood burner so you can curl up and relax after a long walk in the woods. Use of the owners tennis court, putting green and multi-purpose basketball court, 1 mile away, can be arranged directly with the owner. Grace’s Cottage (UKC2133) is an exceptionally well furnished, detached property that has been well equipped for a superbly relaxing holiday. All on one level the large open plan living area boasts a well-equipped kitchen with a range, perfect for preparing a special meal and a spacious dining area leading to the cosy living area with a wood burner. French doors lead out onto a patio and into the garden which has a stream where you can fish for trout, and if you’re lucky, see the otters. Great care and attention to detail throughout the properties ensures your enjoyment with a generous welcome pack to get you started. Shop 4 miles, pub and restaurant 3 miles.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 10 guests.£65From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Forest Cottages, ScotlandImagine strolling down to the loch side on a still summer morning from this wonderfully welcoming cottage, with its own secluded pebble beach, just 5 minutes from the shore of Loch Lomond, in the heart of Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park. With no other houses nearby, a native woodland backdrop and Ben Lomond in the distance, this is an idyllic spot for families and friends to relax and unwind in their own patch of holiday heaven. There are fantastic views of the loch from the sun room, living room and two of the bedrooms. This is a year round destination with a wood burner in the living room and air source heating, you’ll be sure to feel right at home whatever the season.
Enjoy impromptu barbecues by the loch side, or explore slightly further along the shore, towards Strathcashel Point where there is a crannog, a man made island built around 3000 years ago, as well as the remains of an Iron Age fort. The West Highland Way passes nearby and Balmaha, 2 miles away, has a pub, restaurant, local shop and is a starting point for a climb up Conic Hill, or you can take the waterbus to Inchcailloch Island. Water sports, golf and fishing are all available locally, and Loch Lomond Shores is just 16 miles for designer shopping, while Stirling and Glasgow are within easy reach for an enjoyable day out. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£100From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stirling, ScotlandFrom the front door of this delightful, first floor apartment, you can spend time exploring the picturesque coastal village of Culross, with its cobbled streets and lanes, painted houses and red pan tiled roofs dating back to medieval times. Visit Culross Palace and Gardens and Culross Abbey, or step back in time and stroll up Back Causeway, a cobbled alleyway which has a raised central aisle that was used by noblemen to separate them from the ’commoners’.
Wandering around Culross gives you a unique opportunity to walk through history and experience what 17th and 18th-century towns in Scotland would of looked like at the time. As such, the town has been used for film locations including ’The Little Vampire, ’A Dying Breed’, ’The 39 Steps’ and ’Captain America: The First Avenger’. More recently, it has been used in the mystical and spellbinding TV saga ’Outlander’, where the town was transformed into the fictional village of Cranesmuir where Geillis lives. If you would like to follow in the footsteps of the characters from Outlander, then there are many of the other locations within driving distance, including Blackness Castle, Linlithgow Palace and Hopetoun House.
For walker and cyclists, the Fife Coastal Path passes through the village taking you along the shore to nature reserves and pretty villages. Only 30 minutes drive away is Stirling and Edinburgh Airport, where you can use the park and ride for easy access to the city centre. Beach 3 miles. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 300 yards.£60From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stirling, ScotlandThe Orchard (UK7111) and The Paddocks (UK7112) are in a rural location with views, as the names would suggest, over the paddock or the orchard, and beyond. The lodges are very tastefully furnished throughout and offer guests a high level of comfort. Each has an open plan living area with comfortable seating and French doors opening onto a private deck, along with an open plan dining area and a well-equipped kitchen.
The area is ideal for outdoor enthusiasts with some amazing walks and cycle tracks straight from your front door. Livery is available if you want to bring your horse or pony on holiday and there is hacking from the property. The town of Dollar is only 1½ miles always and offers a good selection of shops, restaurants and bars. This is an perfect location for exploring the area, with many visitor attractions close by including Castle Campbell and The Japanese Garden in Dollar and Scone Palace in Perth. While Edinburgh, Stirling and Glasgow are all within 40 minutes drive. Beach 21 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 10 guests.£54From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Callander, ScotlandDorain Cottage is a welcoming, cosy, semi-detached holiday cottage, situated in the heart of Callander and close to the golf course, woodland and riverside walks, and just a few moments stroll to the bustling and vibrant town centre. There are cafés, pubs, restaurants, fish and chip shops and interesting shops and galleries. The attractive town is the gateway to the highlands and Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park which is renowned for its natural beauty and wildlife. You are spoilt for choice for guests who enjoy outdoor activities such as walking, cycling, mountain biking, fishing, golf, sailing, water sports and bird watching, all within easy reach. The summer months provide a variety of events, Highland Games and a traditional Scottish music festival. Nearby there are historic and ancient sites to visit, including Doune and Stirling Castle, Wallace Monument and Inchmaholm Priory not to mention whisky distilleries and the Safari Park. This is the perfect all year round location to relax and enjoy this picturesque area with family and friends. For day trips visit Stirling, Edinburgh and Glasgow; all are readily accessible as are Glencoe, Loch Lomond, Oban and Perth. Shop 300 yards, pub and restaurant 700 yards.£91From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Aberfoyle, ScotlandBo Nan Taigh Cottage is located in the Heart of the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park (within the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park) amid beautiful scenery in a quiet area on the outskirts of Aberfoyle. This warm and comfortable semi-detached cottage has been tastefully furnished and decorated to a high standard to provide the perfect getaway for a couple or small family.
Set within an enclosed garden overlooking woodlands and a wildlife pond. It truly is the ideal base for touring the Trossachs, walking, cycling, orienteering, bird watching, fishing and golf. Pubs, restaurants and shops within Aberfoyle centre are within a 10 minute walk. 30 minutes drive to Stirling and an hours drive to Glasgow and Edinburgh. This cottage provides a lovely living room which has a double sofa bed for the kids or a "tag along visitor", the kitchen/dining room has all you will need for preparing and enjoying meals, the double bedroom and bathroom with bath and overhead shower complete the accommodation.
Scottish Letting Licence: ST00003F.£90From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stirling, ScotlandIdeal as a romantic escape for a couple or a weekend break, Salmon Leap Lodge is an immaculately presented detached lodge and an ideal base for couples to explore the stunning countryside and small villages at the foot of the Ochil Hills. This bright accommodation is beautifully presented throughout and provides an ideal base for couples and friends. All on one level, it offers a main open plan living space with French doors opening onto decking and a small lawn, an ideal spot for al fresco dining or relaxing with a glass of wine. The main living area has comfortable seating and is the hub of the lodge, and the well-equipped kitchen is the perfect space for preparing a celebration meal. There are two very attractively presented bedrooms (a double bedroom and single bedroom) with colour co-ordinated soft furnishings, and a shower room completes the picture.
Situated on a small lodge park with 5½ acres of landscaped rural countryside to explore, you can enjoy leisurely riverside walks and fishing on the River Devon, all with spectacular views towards the Ochil Hills. The property is set on the outskirts of the attractive conservation village of Dollar, which is 5 minutes’ walk away. The village has a good selection of local amenities, cafés with home baking, restaurants, a pub, galleries and a museum. You are spoilt for choice for walks and can either take a gentle stroll along the River Devon or a more vigorous walk through a deep gorge of Dollar Glen up to the 500-year-old Castle Campbell. Or pack a picnic and visit the Japanese Gardens at Cowden with its woodland walks and beautiful garden.
There are over twnety local golf courses within easy driving distance, including the world renowned Gleneagles course which is only 20 minutes’ drive away, making Salmon Leap Lodge a great base for a golfing holiday. The Ochil Hills provide great scope for hill walking in dramatic hills and glens and is great for mountain biking.
The historic city of Stirling is only 12 miles away with its magnificent castle and popular visitor attractions, including the Wallace Monument and Bannockburn Heritage Centre. If you prefer to leave the car behind, there is a regular bus service into the city.£63From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kippen, ScotlandEscape into the outdoors and nature at Garrique Cottage. Set in an elevated position on the edge of Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park with breathtaking views over the Stirlingshire countryside to the mountains beyond, this is the ideal location for friends and family to spend time together in this spacious detached cottage. Accessed by a track and situated on a working farm, the cottage is all on one level and is well presented throughout. Extending to over 400 acres, the Garrique property offers a choice ofwoodland walks and the chance to see a variety of birds and animals including deer, hare and red squirrels.
The bright open plan kitchen, dining and family room is the hub of the cottage with its beamed ceiling and French doors opening onto a south west facing terrace and sheltered garden leading down towards a small burn. The kitchen is well equipped and the dining table is large enough for everyone to sit around. Afterwards retire to the cosy sitting room with panoramic views of Ben Vorlich, Ben Ledi, and the Braes of Doune, curl up by the wood burner and play board games or plan the next day’s activities.
Offering peace, quiet and comfort, in a rural location with many outdoor activities nearby including fishing, mountain biking, horse riding, road cycling, golf, water sports, woodland and river walks. From your door step you can explore ancient paths to the pretty village of Kippen which can be reached on foot within 45 minutes, and which boasts two gastro pubs, a delicatessen/café and a well stocked village shop
An ideal location from which to spend time in Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park known for its spectacular scenery of lochs, mountains and picturesque villages. For days out there is the historic city of Stirling, with its fabulous castle, museum and wide variety of shops, supermarkets and places to eat. Other local attractions include Blair Drummond Safari Park, Doune Castle, and the Bannockburn Experience.
For guests wanting a to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life, Garrique Cottage is the perfect location at any time of year, while its central location makes it a great base for exploring much of Scotland. Shops, pubs, restaurants and cafés 4 miles.£138From price per night based on 7 night stay