Pet Friendly Pubs with Rooms Stirling
With a medieval castle and spectacular scenery, Stirling is a great base for a Scottish escape for your and your furry friend. Stirling is well placed to travel to Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park. There you will find beautiful woodlands, walking paths and villages dotted about the area. Plus, the stunning views you'd expect in the Highlands. Stirling is a foodie favourite and a great location for fantastic restaurants and dog-friendly pubs with rooms.
- Brig o'Turk, ScotlandThis spacious, detached holiday cottage is set in the pretty hamlet of Brig O’ Turk in the heart of the Trossachs National Park and is perfect for friends or family who want to spend time together in this beautiful location. From the front door, there are endless miles of footpaths and cycle trails to explore in Glen Finglas and the surrounding area, and for the more adventurous, there are hills and mountains to climb such as Ben Ledi, Ben Venue and Ben A’an. Trout fishing can be enjoyed on the nearby loch and river and licences can be obtained from the local post office. There are activities for all ages to pursue, including sailing and boat trips on local lochs, castles, visitor attractions, heritage centres and whisky distilleries. The location is also perfect for golfing enthusiasts with several local courses close by and the famous Gleneagles course only 40 minutes drive.
This picturesque area has been attracting visitors for centuries, which was once part of a royal deer forest where kings hunted, steeped in history with stories of cattle drovers and whisky smugglers. Sir Walter Scott wrote poetry about its beauty and there is the John Ruskin and the Glasgow Boys Trail to follow in the hamlet.
The highland town of Callander is only five minutes’ drive and ideal for picking up supplies with a variety of shops, tearooms, restaurants and bars. If you are worn out after exploring the area you can relax in the garden with a glass of wine and enjoy the views, or curl up in front of the open fire on cooler days. Pub and Restaurant 500 yards.£99From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stirling, ScotlandThe Dollar residence is located in the beautiful Hillfoots small town of, you guessed it, Dollar. Just 20 minutes’ drive from the City of Stirling and both Edinburgh and Glasgow reachable within an hour by car. This fabulous main door apartment is ideal for a small family, small group or a couple looking to have a happy balance of being close enough to the attractions and yet within a few moments you could be enjoying a gorgeous country walk in the stunning Dollar Glen along to Castle Campbell or even right up into the hills.
The apartment is fitted with one double bedroom (those lucky ones here will enjoy and en-suite shower room), and the other bedroom is fitted with twin beds. If the famous Scottish weather takes a turn for the worse, then guests will enjoy kicking back and relaxing in front of the large TV and gas fire in the living room. At the rear of the apartment the open plan larger dining room and kitchen provide the ideal space to prepare, cook and enjoy meals together while enjoying a beautiful view. On nicer days, the decking at the rear is accessed from the kitchen and is perfect for a little ’alfresco dining’. In addition to the en-suite in the main bedroom the apartment has a four-piece bathroom with bath and separate shower.
The village of Dollar lies to the east of Stirling, boasting some stunning buildings, fabulous independent shops, bars and restaurants and the scenery is arguably some of the most beautiful in the country. Stirling to the west has a few must see places like Stirling Castle and the National Wallace Monument which is definitely worth the climb. No matter your age or interests, the area and the apartment are likely to provide you with some fabulous memories to take back to your normal day to day life. Beach 22½ miles. Pub and restaurant 530 yards.£86From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Balfron Station, ScotlandIn the heart of Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park discover these two spacious holiday cottages, thoughtfully converted from farm buildings using the original old stone and set within an attractive courtyard next to the farm house. The cottages are surrounded by unspoilt countryside and set in a haven of peace and tranquillity, providing a wonderful holiday retreat and an ideal base for friends and family to spend time together and explore Loch Lomond and beyond. Set on a working farm with cattle and sheep, the owner will arrange a private tour of a modern day dairy for guests, by prior arrangement. If you enjoy fishing then complimentary permits are available (by prior arrangement) on the owners private stretch of Endrick River nearby.
A perfect location for nature lovers and to explore one of Scotland’s most picturesque areas with lochs, mountains and spectacular scenery. If you enjoy outdoor activities, there is walking, cycling, golf, fishing, pony trekking and water sports nearby, as well as the Rob Roy Way and Cycle Track 7, both of which pass close by. The Trossachs Discovery Centre is well worth a visit where you can learn more about this exciting area, there are cruise trips on both Loch Lomond and Loch Katrine. In the surrounding area there are some excellent places for food and drink, the famous Nick Nairn Cook School is only 10 minutes’ drive, there are several whisky distilleries within 30 minutes’ drive and restaurants, cafés and farm shops. This area is steeped in history, Stirling is 18 miles away with its ancient castle, Wallace monument and Bannockburn Visitor Centre, along with many historic links to people such as Rob Roy Macgregor, William Wallace and Mary Queen of Scots, all of whom had a part to play in the history of this area. There are lots of film locations to be visited within a short drive including Doune Castle which became the fictional Castle Leoch.
The Ploughmans is a semi-detached cottage, ideal for a couple or a small family. On the ground floor there is a comfortable living room and French doors that lead into the well-kept garden, offering the perfect spot to sit, relax and enjoy the views, escaping from the hustle and bustle of daily life. There is an open plan kitchen/dining room where you can prepare that special meal. On the first floor there is a spacious double bedroom, a twin bedroom and family bathroom.
The Stables provides easy access with a comfortable double bedroom and wet room on the ground floor. The spacious cosy living room has patio doors leading to the garden making it perfect for al fresco dining in the summer months or just relaxing and admiring the views. The large kitchen/dining room is well-equipped and all guests can comfortably sit around the table and plan their next day’s adventures. On the first floor there is a double bedroom with an en-suite shower room, a twin bedroom and a large family bathroom with bath and shower cubicle.
Loch Lomond Farm Cottages are ideal for a family celebration or gathering. Shop. pub and restaurant 3 miles. The Ploughmans (UK5531) and The Stables (UK5532) can be booked together to accommodate up to 10 guests.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Callander, ScotlandDorain Cottage is a welcoming, cosy, semi-detached holiday cottage, situated in the heart of Callander and close to the golf course, woodland and riverside walks, and just a few moments stroll to the bustling and vibrant town centre. There are cafés, pubs, restaurants, fish and chip shops and interesting shops and galleries. The attractive town is the gateway to the highlands and Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park which is renowned for its natural beauty and wildlife. You are spoilt for choice for guests who enjoy outdoor activities such as walking, cycling, mountain biking, fishing, golf, sailing, water sports and bird watching, all within easy reach. The summer months provide a variety of events, Highland Games and a traditional Scottish music festival. Nearby there are historic and ancient sites to visit, including Doune and Stirling Castle, Wallace Monument and Inchmaholm Priory not to mention whisky distilleries and the Safari Park. This is the perfect all year round location to relax and enjoy this picturesque area with family and friends. For day trips visit Stirling, Edinburgh and Glasgow; all are readily accessible as are Glencoe, Loch Lomond, Oban and Perth. Shop 300 yards, pub and restaurant 700 yards.£113From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Staball Ard, ScotlandMavis Bank is a delightful, beautiful and spacious, three bedroom end-terrace townhouse with a thoughtful layout to ensure a relaxing and comfortable holiday atmosphere. Comfortably accommodating seven people, this is an ideal holiday retreat for individuals, families including multiple generational families.
Boasting of a cliff face rear garden busting with bird life, you can wake up to the melodies of bird songs. Mavis Bank can be found tucked away within a secluded courtyard just 100 yards from the heart of Aberfoyle. The picturesque, quiet village of Aberfoyle enjoys a backdrop of rugged highland scenery. As the southern gateway to Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, you are surrounded by stunning backdrops at every turn. The area is renowned for its wide range of recreational facilities including forest walks, golf course, fishing, boating, mountain biking and horse riding. Just beyond Aberfoyle is the great Loch Ard, an easy (4K) circuit through the trees and alongside the island-strewn loch. Wildlife includes red and roe deer, pine martens, otters, red squirrels and water voles (reintroduced). Equally enchanting nearby loch Katrine has wooed artists and poets for centuries. Conic hill, a most charming and iconic Scottish hills is highly recommended. Aberfoyle has just the right amount of village shops, cafés, friendly pubs, and restaurants, and is a popular tourist destination. A visit to the Scottish Wool Centre is highly recommended.
This lovely house is set over three levels with the entrance coming into the second level, there are 10 steps leading up to the property. The three very good size bedrooms are spread across all three levels. Starting on the upper floor, here you will find one of the three bedrooms with a kingsize bed and a single next to it, the perfect family room, adjacent to the bathroom. Downstairs there is a spacious open-plan living space where you can relax and enjoy the views to the front of the house. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you could need to enjoy your holiday. On this level is a second bedroom with a comfy double bed and patio doors leading out to a lovely terrace area, perfect for eating outside and enjoying a barbecue. On the lower floor is the third bedroom offering a twin option or spring depending on requirements with a handy bathroom right next door. On this floor you will also find the door to the locked garage with ample space for your bikes, motor bikes and sports equipment.
This truly is a fantastic house which is perfectly situated in one of the most beautiful parts of Scotland. Glasgow and Stirling can be reached within a beautiful hour’s drive and Edinburgh is 1 hour and 20 minutes away.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Aberfoyle, ScotlandBo Nan Taigh Cottage is located in the Heart of the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park (within the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park) amid beautiful scenery in a quiet area on the outskirts of Aberfoyle. This warm and comfortable semi-detached cottage has been tastefully furnished and decorated to a high standard to provide the perfect getaway for a couple or small family.
Set within an enclosed garden overlooking woodlands and a wildlife pond. It truly is the ideal base for touring the Trossachs, walking, cycling, orienteering, bird watching, fishing and golf. Pubs, restaurants and shops within Aberfoyle centre are within a 10 minute walk. 30 minutes drive to Stirling and an hours drive to Glasgow and Edinburgh. This cottage provides a lovely living room which has a double sofa bed for the kids or a "tag along visitor", the kitchen/dining room has all you will need for preparing and enjoying meals, the double bedroom and bathroom with bath and overhead shower complete the accommodation.
Scottish Letting Licence: ST00003F.£101From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Port of Menteith, ScotlandGamekeepers Lodge is the most recent addition to Lakeview Cottages at Mondhui and it must be said that it’s arguably the finest. Hand built by the owners with attention to detail and fine craftsmanship the quality is hard to ignore. Constructed with Siberian Larch and finished with high quality oak the cottage gives a cosy almost log cabin feels yet presents a real guest experience. Situated on a hillside with one of the most beautiful views across the Lake of Menteith and the Trossachs towards the Campsie Hills.
The open plan living space emphasises the quality timbers used in the build. The bespoke kitchen is handmade again by the owner with impressive precision. Everything you’ll need to prepare, cook, and enjoy a meal is found including everything from quality crockery and glassware to appliances like a dishwasher, fridge freezer and washing machine. At the end of the day the King Size 4 poster bed will be welcome sight and is very comfortable with Egyptian Cotton sheets. Completing the property inside is the shower room, almost a Wet room this space is tiled tastefully and as expected has quality sanitary ware fitted. All of Lakeview Cottages have their own private space and gas BBQ, the private space at Gamekeepers Lodge has arguably the most private position and has the finest, uninterrupted view over Inchmahome Priory and the Lake.
Mondhui itself has been a settlement since prehistoric times and above the property there are ’cup and rings’ markings. Within the grounds is a duck flighting pond which is ideal for bird watchers and beside the cottage there is a small pond. The area is a haven for birds and other wildlife including osprey, red kites, red squirrels, red deer, pine marten and badgers. From the door of the Cottage, you can walk directly up into the Menteith Hills and join the Rob Roy Way with hundreds of miles of forest track easily accessible. It really is in the perfect setting for those who love outdoor pursuits including walking, cycling, golf, pony trekking and fishing - the Lake of Menteith is Scotland’s premier trout fishing venue. It is also a great location for those simply wanting to chill out and enjoy the fabulous view of the Lake.
Nick Nairn’s famous Cook School is only a few minutes’ drive away as is the popular Lake Hotel which serves good food at the Lakeside. This is an ideal location from which to explore one of Scotland’s most picturesque areas or to use as a base to tour central Scotland. Within ten minutes from this Cottage, you can be in Aberfoyle, Callander, the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park at the David Marshall Lodge or taking a sail on the Sir Walter Scott steamship on Loch Katrine. Stirling with its ancient castle is 20 minutes away. Scenic Loch Lomond, the single biggest expanse of inland water in the British Isles, with its charming villages and bays to explore is only half an hour from the cottage. Gleneagles is 40 minutes’ drive. The cosmopolitan city of Glasgow is less than an hour’s drive with Perth and Edinburgh just over an hour away. There are many historic buildings, castles, and distilleries to visit in the area.
Gamekeepers Lodge can be booked together with The Mews (UK5061), The Stable (UK5062) and The Old Barn (UK5871) to accommodate up to 8 guests.£167From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stirling, ScotlandIdeal as a romantic escape for a couple or a weekend break, Salmon Leap Lodge is an immaculately presented detached lodge and an ideal base for couples to explore the stunning countryside and small villages at the foot of the Ochil Hills. This bright accommodation is beautifully presented throughout and provides an ideal base for couples and friends. All on one level, it offers a main open plan living space with French doors opening onto decking and a small lawn, an ideal spot for al fresco dining or relaxing with a glass of wine. The main living area has comfortable seating and is the hub of the lodge, and the well-equipped kitchen is the perfect space for preparing a celebration meal. There are two very attractively presented bedrooms (a double bedroom and single bedroom) with colour co-ordinated soft furnishings, and a shower room completes the picture.
Situated on a small lodge park with 5½ acres of landscaped rural countryside to explore, you can enjoy leisurely riverside walks and fishing on the River Devon, all with spectacular views towards the Ochil Hills. The property is set on the outskirts of the attractive conservation village of Dollar, which is 5 minutes’ walk away. The village has a good selection of local amenities, cafés with home baking, restaurants, a pub, galleries and a museum. You are spoilt for choice for walks and can either take a gentle stroll along the River Devon or a more vigorous walk through a deep gorge of Dollar Glen up to the 500-year-old Castle Campbell. Or pack a picnic and visit the Japanese Gardens at Cowden with its woodland walks and beautiful garden.
There are over twnety local golf courses within easy driving distance, including the world renowned Gleneagles course which is only 20 minutes’ drive away, making Salmon Leap Lodge a great base for a golfing holiday. The Ochil Hills provide great scope for hill walking in dramatic hills and glens and is great for mountain biking.
The historic city of Stirling is only 12 miles away with its magnificent castle and popular visitor attractions, including the Wallace Monument and Bannockburn Heritage Centre. If you prefer to leave the car behind, there is a regular bus service into the city.£51From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Aberfoyle, ScotlandPerfect for a relaxing break, Inchrie Holiday Cottages lie in the heart of magnificent scenery. With lovely walking on the doorstep, it is an ideal location for nature lovers and sporting enthusiasts alike. Located in the heart of Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park and surrounded by breath-taking scenery, Inchrie Holiday Cottages are the perfect location for couples, friends and families to spend time together.
This area is known for its spectacular scenery of lochs, mountains and picturesque villages and for guests who enjoy outdoor activities, you couldn’t be in a better location. From your front door you have access to miles of footpaths and cycle tracks through the forest and surrounding countryside. Nearby Loch Ard is perfect for watersports and a popular spot for wild swimming. Aberfoyle is just a short walk and the picturesque holiday village has some interesting local shops as well as a supermarket, butchers, cafés and restaurants if you are planning to eat out on your holiday.
There is so much to do for all ages, relaxing walks in the countryside or head off to the local golf club which has one of the most scenic courses in Scotland. There are other local courses within an hour’s drive including the championship Gleneagles resort. Take a cruise at Loch Katrine on the historic steam boat ‘SS Sir Walter Scott’, with various events including firework displays and pirate cruises or cycle along loch side, ideal for families without traffic. Explore Stirling just under an hour’s drive and there is a wealth of historic and cultural attractions as well as good shopping, bars and restaurants. For younger guests the Wool Centre in Aberfoyle and Blair Drummond Safari Park have much to keep them amused. Whisky lovers can visit one of the many distilleries in the area, sampling some of the finest whiskies in Scotland. The cities of Perth and Glasgow can be reach in just over an hour’s drive and Edinburgh is hour and a half for spending time at the festival or exploring the city. Faodail can be booked together with Craigmore View (UK34220), Forth View (UK34217) and Fascadail (UK34219) for up to 16 guests.£54From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kippen, ScotlandEscape into the outdoors and nature at Garrique Cottage. Set in an elevated position on the edge of Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park with breathtaking views over the Stirlingshire countryside to the mountains beyond, this is the ideal location for friends and family to spend time together in this spacious detached cottage. Accessed by a track and situated on a working farm, the cottage is all on one level and is well presented throughout. Extending to over 400 acres, the Garrique property offers a choice ofwoodland walks and the chance to see a variety of birds and animals including deer, hare and red squirrels.
The bright open plan kitchen, dining and family room is the hub of the cottage with its beamed ceiling and French doors opening onto a south west facing terrace and sheltered garden leading down towards a small burn. The kitchen is well equipped and the dining table is large enough for everyone to sit around. Afterwards retire to the cosy sitting room with panoramic views of Ben Vorlich, Ben Ledi, and the Braes of Doune, curl up by the wood burner and play board games or plan the next day’s activities.
Offering peace, quiet and comfort, in a rural location with many outdoor activities nearby including fishing, mountain biking, horse riding, road cycling, golf, water sports, woodland and river walks. From your door step you can explore ancient paths to the pretty village of Kippen which can be reached on foot within 45 minutes, and which boasts two gastro pubs, a delicatessen/café and a well stocked village shop
An ideal location from which to spend time in Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park known for its spectacular scenery of lochs, mountains and picturesque villages. For days out there is the historic city of Stirling, with its fabulous castle, museum and wide variety of shops, supermarkets and places to eat. Other local attractions include Blair Drummond Safari Park, Doune Castle, and the Bannockburn Experience.
For guests wanting a to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life, Garrique Cottage is the perfect location at any time of year, while its central location makes it a great base for exploring much of Scotland. Shops, pubs, restaurants and cafés 4 miles.£138From price per night based on 7 night stay