Dog Friendly Lodges Snowdonia
You'll soon fall in woof with Wales as a perfect pooch destination, with its dog friendly beaches, Snowdonia national park, Welsh wildlife centre, castle grounds and those important dog friendly pubs.
- Conwy, Wales
The Castle Hotel is a dog-friendly Coaching Inn in North Wales standing on the site of a Cistercian abbey within the UNESCO World Heritage walled town of Conwy with an impressive castle.£165Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Ty'n-y-groes, Wales
Dog-friendly The Groes Inn in Wales is one of our top hotels in Conwy.£95Price per night from
- Machynlleth, Wales
Plas Talgarth is a dog friendly resort, centred around the 18th century Georgian Mansion House and an original building known as Talgarth Farmhouse, located in the south of Snowdonia National Park.£77Price per night from
- Penmaenpool, Wales
Situated in the magnificent Snowdonia National Park with wonderful views of the famous Mawddach Estuary, dog-friendly Penmaenuchaf Hall in Wales is a luxurious country house hotel that combines the best of contemporary style and classic charm.£133Price per night from
- Aberdovey, WalesSituated in the southern reaches of Snowdonia National Park, this charming, semi-detached cottage has been lovingly restored to provide spacious yet cosy holiday accommodation. Perfect for year round holidays and breaks, it is peacefully situated just a short stroll from the village inn and Rhydyronen station on the lovely Tanyllyn railway line. Just 2 miles away is Tywyn, with a good selection of shops, cafés and a lovely sandy beach, and fashionable and lively Aberdovey is just a little further round the coast. This is a superb location for enjoying lovely walks and cycling, with an abundance of wildlife and wonderful waterfalls to spot and enjoy. To the north of the village is Barmouth, start of the Mawddach Trail, which passes over Barmouth Bridge and follows the track bed of the old railway line along the Mawddach Estuary to Dolgellau. Beach 2 miles. Shop and restaurant 2 miles, pub 200 yards.£92Price per night from
- Barmouth, WalesPerfect for couples, this romantic one bedroom semi-detached barn conversion, offers stylish accommodation with a shared hot tub in the grounds. It is immaculately decorated and filled with modern elegant furniture. The stable door opens into a spacious living room with leather furniture and Freeview TV. The breakfast bar separates the living area from the modern galley kitchen and a step down leads to the bedroom with its comfortable kingsize bed. The contemporary bathroom includes a large shower cubicle with power shower. Outside there’s a small patio area where you can relax with a glass of wine. There is also a larger garden area shared with two other cottages, also sleeping 2 (refs UK6584 and UK6585).
Barmouth is situated on the Mawddach Estuary and boasts lovely sandy beaches making this ideal for relaxing walks along the coast, cycling along the Mawddach Trail or discovering many sights and attractions. Castles can be found all over the area at Bala, Caenarfon and Harlech. If you like to get out in the fresh air, this is great walking country, why not tackle the peak of Cadair Idris? Bala Lake can be reached in under an hour and offers a host of watersports for an exhilarating day out. Beach 1 mile. Shop 300 yards, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£53Price per night from
- Abergynolwyn, WalesSet on the edge of Abergynolwyn, a village that lies in the shadows of Cader Idris and situated between the popular seaside resort of Tywyn and market town Dolgellau, this beautiful detached barn conversion provides spacious accommodation, ideal for families wishing to enjoy the peace and tranquillity. Tywyn is surrounded by the Tarren Hills, and holds the 7-mile long Talyllyn Narrow Gauge Steam Railway that runs between Tywyn Wharf and Nant Gwernol. Nearby Tal-y-llyn lake and Talyllyn steam railway are always popular with visitors, as are the sandy beaches along Cardigan Bay. Some visitor attractions include the Centre for Alternative Technology, King Arthur’s Labyrinth, Animalarium, Coed-y-Brenin Forest and Portmeirion Italianate village. Other places to visit are Birds Rock, Castell y Bere, Dolgoch Falls Walk, Aberdovey, Corris slate mines and craft centres. The location is also great for easy access into Snowdonia. Pub and restaurant 500 yards.£102Price per night from
- Barmouth, WalesThis delightful log cabin has been thoughtfully furnished to offer a cosy and welcoming feel, with enough room for all the family. On a covered veranda in the garden you will find the blissful hot tub, which offers the perfect place to relax at the end of the day, with views of the pleasant enclosed garden. Both bedrooms offer the flexibility of zip and link twin beds which can be made into super kingsize beds (on request). The owners have thoughtfully provided complimentary toiletries should you forget your own!
Bring your bucket and spade as the glorious sandy beach at Morfa Dyffryn is just a mile down the road and offers superb views over to the Rhinog Mountains. For the more adventurous, Zip World and Bounce Below at Blaenau Ffestiniog are a thrill seekers delight, whilst the famous Ffestiniog Railway and mighty Harlech Castle are also well worth a visit. From Barmouth, why not hire a bike and cycle across Barmouth Bridge and along the Mawddach Trail to Penmaenpool and Dolgellau? Beach 1 mile. Shops 300 yards, pubs and restaurants ½ mile.£76Price per night from
- Barmouth, WalesWith distant sea views from the front windows, this semi-detached holiday property has been finished to an excellent standard. The lovely open plan living room and kitchen has been beautifully designed and features an Optimyst fire to relax by. The local village pub serving tasty Welsh food is just a 200-yard stroll away, whilst there’s also a nearby pizza restaurant too. Bring your bucket and spade as the delightful sandy beach is only ½ mile away - where it’s possible to walk along the beach for several miles in each direction. To the north lies the pretty village of Harlech with its mighty Edward I castle (a World Heritage site) which sits on the cliff top as the houses seem to tumble down Twthill to the golf course and beach below. Porthmadog and the Italianate village of Portmeirion are well worth a visit. To the south, you can visit Barmouth – why not hire a bike and cycle over Barmouth Bridge and ride the Mawddach Trail (an old railway line) to Dolgellau? Or explore further afield to Corris, King Arthur’s Labyrinth, Tywyn and the Talyllyn Railway. Beach ½ mile. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 200 yards.£141Price per night from
- Barmouth, WalesThis stylish two-storey semi-detached converted barn is in Dyffryn Ardudwy near Barmouth. Only 2-minutes drive from the beach, it is beautifully appointed and tastefully decorated offering the perfect retreat for couples looking to explore this beautiful part of North Wales. Relax on the sumptuous L-shaped leather sofa facing onto a Freeview TV with windows facing out towards the flowerbeds and the fields beyond. The kitchen is compact but well-equipped including a modern oven and hob as well as integral fridge and plenty of storage space. An attractive wooden breakfast bar separates the two areas. Upstairs, the sense of style and elegance continues with a large super kingsize bed, and the en-suite includes a large spacious and powerful shower. Outside there’s a small patio area where you can relax with a glass of wine. There is also a larger garden area, shared with two other cottages also sleeping 2 (refs UK6585 and UK6586), together with a shared hot tub offering fantastic views out over Cardigan Bay.
There are walks from the door and the amazing sandy beach at Morfa Dyffryn offers lovely coastal walks. You can visit Harlech with its impressive landmark Edward I castle (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) which towers over the town, or explore the seaside town of Barmouth – and why not hire a bike to explore the Mawddach Trail which runs over Barmouth Bridge and along the route of the old railway line along the estuary to Dolgellau? Beach 1 mile. Shop 300 yards, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£54Price per night from