- Swindon, England
For a stylish, dog-friendly, home from home 4 miles from Swindon, look no further than Alexandra House. On the edge of the beautiful Cotswolds, this hotel is the perfect place for you and your furry-friend to base yourselves when exploring the local countryside.£95Price per night from
- Collingbourne Kingston, EnglandStanding in its own large and secluded garden, this delightful Grade II listed picturesque thatched cottage is very comfortably furnished, spacious, light and sunny. Situated in a small and peaceful hamlet between Salisbury and charming Marlborough, it provides a relaxing base from which to explore the many attractions of this lovely part of the country. Savernake Forest, the New Forest, Cheddar Gorge, Stonehenge, Longleat, Stourhead Gardens, the historic city of Winchester, and the Roman spa and Georgian streets of the city of Bath are all within 1 hour’s drive. Shop 2 miles, pub with restaurant 0.5 miles.£49From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Marlborough, EnglandThis beautiful 18th-century mill is set by the side of the river in a picturesque hamlet, only 2 miles from the busy market town of Marlborough. Standing alone in its own secluded gardens with the river running alongside, it is the perfect setting to just get away from it all and relax.
The mill provides an excellent base from which to explore this lovely part of the country. Avebury is nearby with its stone circle which is larger and older than Stonehenge. The 4500-acre Savernake Forest, Cheddar Gorge, Stonehenge, Longleat House and Safari Park, Stourhead Gardens, the historic city of Winchester and the Roman spa and Georgian streets of the city of Bath are all within an hour’s drive. Other places to visit include Oxford, Blenheim Palace and Bowood House and Gardens. The area is perfect for walkers with the Ridgeway and many footpaths along the downs. Shop 2 miles, pub 1 mile.£141From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Royal Wootton Bassett, EnglandThese fantastic semi-detached holiday properties are situated within the owner’s extensive landscaped grounds, with beautiful views across the Wiltshire countryside. These single-storey barn conversions, Bluebell Barn (ref UK12792) and Buttercup Barn (ref UK12963), have been decorated to a high standard with underfloor heating throughout. The properties’ courtyards lead out to public footpaths from which you can explore thousands of acres of the surrounding countryside. Long Barn Cottages are situated on a stud farm. You also have access to the owner’s grounds which house a decked pond area and beautiful summerhouse, great for those balmy summer evenings.
Nearby is the village of Royal Wootton Bassett, the historic market town of Marlborough, Amesbury and Avebury Henge, all just a short drive away. There are plenty of National Trust sites close by including Stonehenge with its mystical stones, as well as Stourhead and the village of Lacock. There are great shopping opportunities at the Swindon Designer Outlet, or the World Heritage city of Bath is under an hour’s drive away. Shop 2½ miles, pub and restaurant 2 miles.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 4 guests.£116From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Marlborough, EnglandSituated in the beautiful village of Manton, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this lovingly converted Chapel sleeps up to five guests. This impressive, detached property is spacious throughout, on the first floor there are three luxurious bedrooms configured as one kingsize room, a twin and a single, all boasting comfortable mattresses and luxury bedding with The White Company towels and superb family bathroom.
As you enter through the bespoke oak door, you enter the lounge with storage for walking boots and coats, as well as a downstairs toilet. The open design of the well-equipped kitchen/dining room provides a fabulous space to prepare food, entertain and enjoy your dining experience. Enjoy a cosy evening in front of the Smart TV, put on Netflix, listen to some tunes on the DAB radio and sit back and relax after a busy day of exploring. Outside to the rear of the property is a courtyard garden with a shed for storage of any bikes and garden furniture perfect for enjoying the evening sunshine.
Manton is a short, beautiful walk from Marlborough where there is a range of great restaurants and pubs along with a variety of high quality and independent shops offering a unique blend of modern attractions and facilities. The high street is one of the widest in the UK and offers a twice-weekly market on a Wednesday and Saturday. Pub and restaurant ¼ mile.£91From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Royal Wootton Bassett, EnglandSet in 17 acres of private fields and woodland, The Horse Cart has been beautifully restored by the owner to provide a staycation for guests with stunning views over the vale towards the Cotswolds and Wiltshire. It lies in the perfect location for a well-deserved break, especially for those who are looking to have a digital detox. The Horse Cart is ideally situated to discover the delights that this idyllic region has to offer, with fabulous walks, cycling and tourist attractions nearby. Guests are welcome to walk in the fields and on the hill. The views are second to none and the sunsets are spectacular. The Horse Cart is in a private corner of the field looking over the Wiltshire countryside. Rustic, natural, simple...it offers the best of camping, with a little luxury added to make your camping experience even better. The Horse Cart has a double bed, a bathroom, a composting toilet and a small kitchen area for all your cooking needs. Situated in the grounds of the owner’s own home (a former medieval farmhouse) it has parking for one car; gests park at the gates and will be provided with a wheel barrow to the wagon. It is just a short walk up the hill to your hidden escape.£127From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Devizes, EnglandKilifi, is a three bedroom property offering a comfortable stay, located in the thriving market town of Devizes.
This semi-detached home from home offers a living area with comfy seating, TV, DVD player with sound system, small home cinema set up and a good collection of DVDs to choose from. Also, on the ground floor you will find a well-equipped kitchen, open with the conservatory featuring a dining table and chairs, additional seating, automatic sun blinds and ceiling fan. Upstairs there are three bedrooms: two single rooms, a double bedroom and shower room with walk-in shower. The rear garden features a canopy covered patio with outdoor lighting, electric BBQ, massage chair and exercise bike. With views over the canal this garden is perfect for those summer evenings.
Kilifi is ideally located in the heart of Wiltshire and just under 400 yards from the Kennet and Avon Canal path, perfect for walking and cycling along the towpath and enjoying the various tea shops and pubs along the way. Less than 2 miles to the centre of the historic market town of Devizes, with its array of shops, eateries, amenities, and the famous flight of 29 canal locks. The cities of Bath and Salisbury are within half an hour’s drive, as are Stonehenge and the picturesque villages of Lacock and Castle Combe.£88From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Marlborough, EnglandSet in an idyllic location, Mortimer Cottage is a 17th-century, Grade II listed, thatched cottage. It lies in the centre of the picturesque village of Wootton Rivers, just 5 miles from the delightful market town of Marlborough. Since the property was originally two cottages, there are two steep staircases which lead to the first floor, accessed via the dining room and living room. On the ground floor, this detached cottage has a spacious open plan kitchen/dining area with breakfast bar, a living room with wood burner for the winter evenings, a utility area and shower room. The first floor, with low ceilings, has a master bedroom with kingsize bed, an adjoining room featuring a day bed, and a second bedroom with twin beds. The period-style bathroom, featuring a luxurious, roll-top bath and twin basins, is in the middle of the first floor at the top of the stairs. Outside is a private courtyard garden with comfortable seating and driveway parking for two small cars or one large car.
This thatched cottage offers a warm welcome for those seeking a slice of period charm. It is such a pretty cottage that as soon as you approach it, you are sure to feel the stresses and strains of everyday life slip from your shoulders. Perfect for a family of five and a four-legged friend.
Wootton Rivers is a sought-after village with a thatched pub just opposite Mortimer Cottage, and the village also offers extensive footpaths and opportunities for cyclists and walkers. With the Kennet and Avon canal being a short walk away as well as many other countryside walks. Avebury is 5 miles away, as is the centre of Marlborough with its range of great restaurants and pubs, along with a variety of high quality and independent shops offering a unique blend of modern attractions and facilities. The high street is one of the widest in the UK and offers a twice-weekly market on a Wednesday and Saturday. The M4 is within easy reach, Hungerford is 12½ miles east and there is a regular train service from Pewsey to Paddington in just 65 minutes; a car is essential when visiting Mortimer Cottage, which is the perfect base from which to explore all that Wiltshire and The Cotswolds have to offer.£150From price per night based on 7 night stay