After a day spent walking along the Cleveland Way, return to this cottage and curl up in front of the wood burner.. All on the ground floor.
With wood burner, Freeview TV and DVD player.
3 steps to...Kitchen:
With electric oven, electric hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.Bedroom 1:
With kingsize bed and Freeview TV.Bedroom 2:
With twin beds.Bathroom:
With bath, shower cubicle and toilet.. Ground source heating and fuel for wood burner included. Welcome pack. Enclosed garden with seating and BBQ. Visit England 4 Star.. All properties: Electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi included. Travel cot and highchair available on request. Games room with pool table, a selection of DVDs, books and toys (shared with other properties on-site). BBQ. Children’s play area (shared with other properties on-site). Private car park (not allocated). 4 electric vehicle charging points on-site (at cost). No smoking. . Owned by His Majesty the King, in Right of His Duchy of Lancaster, Scalby Lodge is a collection of fifteen beautiful cottages situated in an idyllic clifftop setting near the elegant seaside town of Scarborough.
All the cottages are finished with fixtures and fittings of the very highest standard and have open-plan dining. Some have en-suite bedrooms. They offer an ideal location from which to explore both the North York Moors National Park and the glorious Heritage Coast of Yorkshire.
- Enjoy stunning walks along the Cleveland Way
- Visit the RSPB Bempton Cliffs Bird Sanctuary - a paradise for bird spotters
- Take in a show at Scarborough’s Open Air Theatre - Europe’s largest open-air theatre which has played host to world-famous acts such as Elton John and Katherine Jenkins
- Learn more about the town’s history at its 12th-century castle
- Walk along Scarborough’s two beautiful beaches at North and South Bay
- Visit the town’s eclectic mix of shops, dine in its wide choice of restaurants or take in an Alan Ayckbourn play at the theatre
- Meander along Scarborough’s esplande which has been featured in hit television shows The Royal and Heartbeat.
- The historic port of Whitby is a 30-minute drive north of Scarborough - renowned for its literary connection with Dracula
- Whitby is also the departure point for the North York Moors Railway steam train which traverses the county’s dramatic scenery
- The cathedral city of York is just over an hour’s drive away, whilst the cosmopolitan shopping mecca of Leeds is one and a half hour’s drive from Scalby.
For all properties at Scalby Lodge - Properties are close to the sea. Some of the bedrooms have sloping ceiings. Logs for woodburner, available on site. There is a pond in the garden/grounds. The properties are on a gravelled site. There are four EV charging points on-site that operate on a first come, first served basis and additional charges apply for their use, which is payable to the site.
The owners consider the property ‘disabled friendly’ but it may not cater for all levels of disability. There are four EV charging points on-site that operate on a first come, first served basis and additional charges apply for their use, which is payable to the site.