Our lovely friends at Forthglade have shared this fabulous tasty recipe for some homebaked pumpkin dog treats with us, and we couldn’t wait to share it with you!
The recipe makes 20 medium-sized bones
Oven: 200°C, 15 minutes
- 200 grams tinned pumpkin puree (make sure this is plain, tinned pumpkin puree and not dessert pumpkin as this often contains added sugar, fat & seasonings)
- 225 grams wholemeal flour
- 7 grams dry yeast
- 1 ½ tsp olive oil
- 50 grams grated parmesan
- In a large bowl combine the flour, dry yeast and grated parmesan
- Add the pumpkin puree and olive oil and mix it all together until the dough is firm
- Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise for about 30 minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 200°C
- Divide the dough into 20 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a stick about 22cm long. Loosely tie a knot at each end of the sticks.
- Place on parchment paper and bake the bones for 15 minutes or until golden
- Allow the bones to completely cool on a wire rack
Nutritional Facts: 1035 Calories. 64% Carbohydrates, 19% Fat, 17% Protein (for all the treats)
Forthglade are experts in pet nutrition and have been developing and producing 100% natural wholesome pet food for over 45 years. To find out more about their delicious and natural pet food range, visit their website.