- Berkhamsted, England
Dating from the 16th century the stylish, dog-friendly Penny Farthing Hotel is a Grade II listed building which occupies a central location in the historic market town in Hertfordshire just six minutes walk from Berkhamsted Railway station.£66Price per night from
- EnglandConveniently situated in the picture-perfect market town of Hitchin sits this well presented three-bedroom, three story terrace house. Benefitting from two double rooms and a twin room, ground floor separate toilet, two reception rooms, sunroom and beautifully landscaped enclosed rear garden.
Makes some great stay cay memories with a variety of experiences near and far. The area is renowned for a vibrant music scene in pubs and concert halls, and more is more than equipped for foodies with virtually every cuisine represented. There is a fantastic amount of local attraction from country parks, shops, museums, ruins and even a safari park. This beautiful home also makes the perfect hub for days out slightly further afield, why not hop on the to the train to the city of London in under an hour or Cambridge city in around 30 minutes there really is so much to explore whilst feeling at home. Pub 352 yards.£115From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandLovers of James Bond Comic Art will be delighted with the history of Hollybush Studio. This was the studio and home of the artist John McLusky and it was from this studio that he produced the vast majority of the comic artwork for James Bond, which was serialised in the Daily Express starting in 1958. In addition, John was also responsible for drawing the original Pink Panther comic art.
Hollybush Studio is a unique property, benefiting from being a detached cottage and sitting on its own plot, surrounded by mature gardens, the quirky nature of Hollybush Studio also sees an external concrete staircase which is a terrific place to sit, enjoy the sunshine or read a book, but is not a playground for younger children as it does not have a balustrade or handrail. Set back from the road, with private parking, it is situated in a peaceful, rural village location on the outskirts of Datchworth. Just 2 minutes away by car, 1-mile, is Knebworth where you will be able to benefit from a mainline train station, shopping, coffee shops, pubs, and restaurants. Just 3½ miles away you will find yourself in the tranquillity and history of Knebworth House, a lavish Tudor stately home and gardens. Lovers of music will also know that Knebworth House is famous for hosting concerts. Open Air Cinema, Food Festivals and other more traditional activities also take place here. Within a mile from Hollybush Studio you will find three good pubs and less than 20 minutes away and you can be enjoying the wonderful Hertfordshire towns of Stevenage, Hertford, and Ware with all the amenities they have to offer which includes horse riding, golf, angling, sailing and kayaking or just enjoy a stroll and some people watching.£59From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandA fantastic five-bedroom holiday home on the border of Hertfordshire and Greater London providing lovely and spacious accommodation for families and friends looking to visit the area.
The accommodation provides sociable living space for catching up together with a large kitchen to rustle up a lovely meal, a great size living room with ten-seater dining table and sofa. There is the added benefit of a large conservatory complete with five-seater corner sofa, table and bench, which flows out to the patio and garden beyond. Both sides of the patio have walking access to the garden without steps. Four of the bedrooms benefit from their own en-suite with the fifth bedroom using the family bathroom on the first floor. All bedrooms have wardrobe space to store your holiday clothes.
Situated between Northwood and Moor Park, the two areas provide many local amenities including boutique shops, cafés, restaurants and supermarkets. The Metropolitan line is just over half a mile away and provides direct links to central London where you can enjoy all the delights the Capital has to offer.
There are many golf courses in the area in addition to lots of green spaces, perfect for getting outdoors. There is lots to do and visit close by including Warner Bros. Studios, a must for any Harry Potter Fan, 6 miles.
A half an hour car journey will take you to St. Albans with its ’Abbey’ cathedral dating back to the 8th century and Verulamium Park with its Roman Museum and ruins. The local towns of Watford, Hemel Hempstead, Rickmansworth and the Chalfont’s are all in easy reach.£462From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandThe Barn has undergone a recent refurbishment by it’s owners and is ready to welcome you to your own bit of rural paradise. It would be a wonderful escape for couples or suit those with up to 2 children. Our accommodation will easily sleep four guests (although please note:The two double beds are in the same large bedroom space, though quite a distance apart). Natural daylight streams in through the windows and we would encourage you to push open the windows and really feel like the outside space becomes part of the inside, now’s your time to be at one with nature! As you enter the property, take in the rural aspect and gaze across to the local woodland, an ideal base from which to enjoy the numerous local walks. The living room is comfortably furnished with plenty of sofa seating for four guests and a Smart TV, wall mounted making the most of your internal space. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything needed to prepare a home cooked meal, including an electric oven and hob, kettle, toaster, fridge and Nespresso coffee machine. Whilst The Barn doesn’t have any outdoor space of it’s own, don’t let that deter you! The property is a real sun trap and the spacious dining area is a great spot for enjoying your morning coffee whilst planning your adventurous day ahead. Walkers and Cyclists will find a huge array of opportunity in this picturesque area and after a busy day exploring, why not head to one of the local Pubs or Restaurants or make the most of The Barn and settle in for something to eat and a few drinks, the choice is yours! As the evening draws to a close, drift off to sleep within the well thought out and spacious sleeping quarters – both beds are comfortable doubles which allows for good options for you and your guests. The family bathroom is fitted with a shower cubicle, toilet and sink and is on the ground floor.
The Barn at Old Plough House is situated within a peaceful rural location in the village of Sarratt / Belsize. The village has a great local pub called The Plough (which can be reached on foot from your accommodation in just a matter of minutes). Other local pubs (all within walking distance should you wish or just a few minutes in the car) include, The Bricklayers Arms, Cart & Horses, The Boot and Two Brewers. In addition, if tea/coffee & cake is your thing then you won’t be disappointed as the local area has plenty to choose from and includes Blackwell’s and The Cake Shack, both based in nearby Chipperfield. Local and popular attractions include Rickmansworth Aquadrome, Cheslyn House & Gardens, Chenies Manor Gardens and plenty of local walking beauty spots including The Green, Sarratt Bottom Nature Reserve, Chess Crossing & Chipperfield Common. For those of you into either Golf or lazy Spa days, you’ll be glad to know that The Grove is only 10 minutes drive! However, The Grove also has some terrific restaurants and bars and often benefits from having a pop up outdoor cinema (check their website for dates and booking conditions). Watford is only 20 minutes away by car and here you’ll find lots of action, including Teamsport Go Karting, Top Golf, Hollywood Ten Pin Bowling, Cassiobury Park, Watford Museum and of course the Magical Warner Bros Studios where you can see the making of Harry Potter. We are dog friendly.£81From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandA stunning, luxury cottage that will guarantee a fabulous holiday in a great location. Nestled in the heart of the village opposite the pretty church, this beautiful property offers the perfect retreat for those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Church Cottage has been renovated to a very high standard whilst keeping many of the original features with a wealth of beams, brickwork and panelling that oozes quality and comfort from the moment you walk through the door. The cosy living/dining room has a brick fireplace and offers the ideal place to curl up with a book and/or a glass of wine. The kitchen is fully equipped and leads through to the shower room. Upstairs there are two double bedrooms, the second being up the stairs from the main bedroom. Outside there is a small garden, perfect for sitting in on a summer’s evening.
There are many pubs and restaurants locally, one is within stepping distance from the cottage, as well as a local shop selling everyday essentials. Just 5 miles away is the county town of Hertfordshire, located where four river valleys meet. Hertford is an attractive market town with a wealth of restaurants, specialist shops and riverside walks, and boasts Georgian townhouses, timber-framed buildings, a museum, and a castle set within beautiful gardens. For the golf enthusiasts, Brickendon Golf Club is only 4 miles away. If you are into astronomy the Bayford Observatory is just 3 miles away, and Paradise Wildlife Park is less than 4 miles away.
Hertfordshire offers something for everyone, including The National Trust Hatfield House and Park which offers history, culture and fun activities and is only 4 miles away, and Knebworth House is less than 30 minutes away. For the budding spies, why not try the Spy Mission Treasure Trail at Ware, a great way to discover all that Ware has to offer. If you love Harry Potter then the Warner Studios tour is within 20 miles, and for theatre lovers London is less than an hour on the train from Hertford.£58From price per night based on 7 night stay