Full COVID Refund
FREE 24/7 Vet Line
Two dogs welcome
Christmas in the Lake District is a magical time and at Merewodd there is something for everyone!
Included in this offer:
NOW SOLD OUT
- Three nights in a dog-friendly room
- Breakfast each morning
- Dinner each morning
Christmas Eve- Friday 24th December
- Arrive from 3 pm and check in to your room, where you will find a hamper of goodies.
- Enjoy welcome cakes, scones, mince pies, and warming mulled wine.
- Meet in the bar for a glass of fizz, followed by Head Chef Carl's, Carvery dinner.
- Casino Night as Vegas comes to Merewood. A great opportunity to test your skills at the table and a chance to get to know the other house guests.
Christmas Day- Saturday 25th December
- Start your day with a leisurely continental breakfast in your room.
- Spend the morning with your loved ones unwrapping your presents, and relaxing by the roaring log fires.
- At 12 noon meet in the bar for a champagne reception, before indulging in a five-course Christmas Day lunch with all the traditional trimmings.
- Father Christmas may still be in the area if you have been good!
- The Afternoon is yours to take a short walk within the hotel's grounds or make time for a little snooze.
- Enjoy a movie in the 'Merewood Cinema'
- Reconvene at 8pm for the Chef's fabulous festive buffet
- Finish the day with an evening of house games.
Boxing Day - Sunday 26th December
- Enjoy a hearty Full English breakfast.
- The morning is yours to do as you please - Potter in the nearby villages, take to the Lakeland fells or simply sit back and relax in one of the comfy lounges.
- At 12.30 pm, a warming lunch will be served.
- Wrap up warm and get ready to set sail on a cruise on Lake Windermere.
- After a rest, gather in the bar, for an hour of 'mind-reading magic' and a glass of fizz.
- A fabulous four-course dinner, will be served in atmospheric candlelight.
- Your day will conclude by the excitement of a day at the races without having to move from the comfort of your armchair.
Monday 27th December
- Enjoy a hearty full English breakfast, before heading home
Subject to availability and exclusions. T&Cs apply.
From £1350 in a dog-friendly Non-Lake Facing Room for 2 adults & 1 dog
From £1398 in a dog-friendly Lake Facing Room for 2 adults & 1 dog
Children's Packages Are Available. Please ask our expert Pet Concierge team.
Set in an elevated position and overlooking Windermere, England’s longest and most beautiful lake, you will find Merewood Country House Hotel, a superb dog-friendly destination in the Lake District, Cumbria. Dating back to 1812, the hotel has retained much of its historical charm with many of the original features lovingly restored, including the panelled hall and reception. As soon as you step through the front door of this beautiful country house, you’ll discover an oasis of comfort, warmth and relaxation. Surrounded by gorgeous grounds and woodlands, your pooch will be in their element! With two restaurants to choose from, foodie lovers will be spoilt for choice. From light-bites to hearty meals, to a sumptuous afternoon tea to award-winning fine dining, the Chef’s aim is to leave you with a gourmet experience to remember. Furry friends are welcome to join you in one of the relaxed lounges, and there is an abundance of pet-friendly pubs nearby if you fancy venturing out for food. The stunning bedrooms have been designed with no-one else but you in mind. Of course, you can expect all of those luxury extras, from deep baths to aromatic toiletries and fluffy towels to ensure you leave feeling truly pampered. Your four-legged friend will love exploring the acres of grounds and private gardens that surround the hotel. Take a dog-friendly cruise along Windermere, England’s longest lake, provided by Windermere Lake Cruises and enjoy the fabulous views. The hotel also provides maps for Wansfell and Troutbeck walks for further exploring with your trusty hound.