Christmas is just around the corner and to celebrate our friends at Forthglade have shared their fabulous festive treat recipe with us! These are the perfect Christmas present for your best furry friend and you can even share with your pet pals at the park!
- 130g oat flour
- 20g almond flour
- 60g dried cranberries
- 120g shredded turkey leftovers
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl
- Add oat flour, almond flour, cranberries and turkey
- Kneed the dough and roll it out approx 3mm thick (if the dough is a bit sticky to handle add more flour)
- Cut with a star-shaped cookie cutter*
- Place on parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
*A 7cm star cookie cutter makes approx 30 cookies.
For a harder cookie, allow the treats to cool inside the oven completely before removing
Dried cranberries add a pop of fruity flavour to these festive treats but don’t substitute them with raisins. Grapes and raisins are not suitable for dogs as just a few can be dangerous, causing acute renal failure.
Thank you to Forthglade for this wonderful recipe, and we hope you all enjoy a fabulous Christmas!