One of the largest counties in England, Somerset offers plenty for those wishing to explore the great outdoors with FIdo. With beautiful beaches, green countryside, wildflower meadows, woodlands, lakes, and a vast range of stunning landscapes, it really is a superb place for a dog-friendly getaway. Home to well-known landmarks such as Cheddar Gorge, Glastobury, and Exmoor, there's so much to discover in this wonderful county - including of course, the locally pressed cider and cheddar cheese!
- Bath, England
Ideally located just outside of Bath, Somerset. Homewood Hotel & Spa is a luxurious dog friendly destination. Nestled within the 10-acres of beautiful gardens and grounds£180Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Bath, England
Perfect for those looking for a charming and authentic dog-friendly stay in the center of Bath, Harington’s Hotel is a boutique-style hotel comprising three Georgian townhouses tucked away on a delightful cobbled lane in the heart of the city.£212Price per night from
- Minehead, England
A classic coastal dog-friendly hotel, The Northfield Hotel is located on the lower slopes of Northhill in nearly two acres of landscaped gardens reputed to have been laid out by Gertrude Jekyll. The hotel offers a very warm welcome to you and your four-legged friend.£82Price per night from
- Bridgwater, EnglandWelcome to The Bit On The Side, a beautiful three-bedroom holiday home packed full of fun and charm, guaranteed to delight guests both human and canine!
Step inside the gate where you are greeted by the awesome outdoor bath, the perfect place to lay back and gaze at the stars with a glass of wine or let the kids splash around to their hearts’ content! Heading inside, on the ground floor you will find the extremely well-equipped kitchen, packed full of everything you could need during your stay whether you want to whip up a quick meal or a family feast. The comfortable living/dining room has such a cosy feel, with rich coloured furnishings inviting you to sink in and relax, light the wood burner and catch up on your favourite film or boxset on the TV. The dining area sets itself up for both meals and hours spent playing games with the family or friends. Upstairs you will find the bedrooms, the master bedroom has a kingsize bed and en-suite with bath and shower over. Bedroom two has a super kingsize bed and bedroom three has twin beds. All the bedrooms have blackout blinds for those who enjoy a lie-in on their holiday! The family bathroom also has a P-shaped bath with a shower over it.
On the days you can drag yourself away from The Bit On The Side, you will find many things to do nearby. Miles of walks can be found from the front door, so be sure to bring your wellies or some good walking shoes as there is plenty to explore. The town of Bridgwater with its many shops and restaurants, along with a bowling alley and cinema is just four miles away. Or why not discover some of Somerset’s history at the museum in the county town of Taunton where you will also find a cinema and 10-pin bowling to enjoy. Head to the beach, with Weston Super Mare to the north or the Jurassic coast beaches of Lyme Regis and West Bay to the south. Glastonbury and Wells are within in easy reach, as are the glorious Quantock Hills where you can ramble for hours. You will be spoilt with places to go and see!£114From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandWelcome to Marram Dune Beach House, a truly exceptional holiday home on the Brean shoreline, with sea views and private access to the beach, this is coastal living at its finest, you will not want to leave! Set on the ground floor, Marram Dune has gorgeous modern features and a wonderful flow that ensures a fabulous time. Stepping through the front door you are greeted by the spacious hallway with stunning ceiling lanterns that flood the space with natural light, head through to the open plan living space, with comfy seating, Smart TV and bi-fold doors that bring the outside in and draw your eye down the garden to the sea beyond. From the dining area head into the large kitchen which comes extremely well equipped with everything you could need during your stay. The utility room houses the washing machine, tumble dryer and microwave. Marram Dune has four bedrooms, the master bedroom has bi-fold doors which open on to the decking area with sea views. The huge, fully enclosed rear garden has a large decked area by the house with garden furniture where you can sit back and enjoy the views across the Bristol channel. There is a large lawned area that leads down to a gate that gives you access straight onto the beach. Here you can walk the 5-mile stretch with the dog down to Burnham-on-Sea or just listen to the waves lapping the shore. Back in the garden you will find a summerhouse, the ideal spot to relax with a glass of bubbly and stargaze while planning your next days adventures!
There is so much to do and see on the doorstep, with Breans many bars and restaurants within easy reach as well as the theme park and waterpark just a short walk away! The Animal Farm adventure park is nearby with lots to see and do, including the picturesque National Trust managed coastline at Brean Down offering peace, tranquillity and miles of trails away from the busy seaside resorts of Weston-super-Mare and Burnham-on-Sea. The local area offers a fun packed holiday for families, as well as the beaches of Burnham, Berrow and Brean offering a seaside sanctuary for those wishing to get away from it all. Take a walk to the headland at Brean Down. Here you can experience the 360 degree views over the sea on one side, and across the Somerset Levels on the other, also on a clear day, you can see both Glastonbury Tor and the Mendip Hills. Wells, famous for its beautiful cathedral, boutique shops and restaurants, is within easy reach. Popular attractions nearby are Cheddar Gorge and Wookey Hole. Beach 10 yards.£178From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandWagtails is a luxurious property, totally dog focussed and ideal for families or couples, located just outside the village of Langford Budville. Set between woodland and open countryside with panoramic views to the Blackdown Hills in the lovely vale of Taunton Deane on the Somerset/Devon border.
This wonderful property is warm, spacious and homely, furnished and decorated to a high standard throughout, with everything you would need for your doggy holiday. There is a utility room and adjacent outside hot doggy shower, equipped with a washing machine, tumble dryer, throws (for use on sofas and chairs), towels, poo bags, treats and toys. The living room has comfy seating for you and your dogs, an electric fire and 50" Sky Smart TV with full package. The kitchen is well equipped, and there is a freezer that can be used for raw food.
Outside, the humans can relax in the private hot tub, even in the winter months, or in the large double-ended bath. For the younger guests, there is a cot, highchair and stairgate available. There is a den room with toys and books, and a shared park close by with swings and slides. Wagtails provides everything you would need for your dogs and for the family.
The garden is well-fenced and has a large patio area with seating, a coal barbecue and food serving area. The garden is private with views over open countryside. The hot tub area also has seating and plastic glasses are supplied so you can sip sundowners whilst in the hot tub on summer evenings.
Adjoining a 200-acre nature reserve, offering beautiful country walks from the doorstep and further afield on the Blackdowns, Quantocks and Exmoor. Walking guide and list of dog-friendly pubs can be found in the cottage. A dog-friendly café is a 5-minute walk up the track, serving freshly baked cakes, cream teas and tasty light lunches. The dog-friendly village pub is a 10-minute walk and offers real ales, open fires and good food.
Nearby places to discover include The Blackdown Hills with the recently restored monument, the town of Wellington with lots of independent cafés and shops, as well as Exmoor National Park. Minehead and North Devon, with sandy beaches, are within easy reach. Taunton is within 10 miles, and the city of Exeter is approximately 22 miles, brimming with history and heritage, and it offers many visitor attractions to keep you entertained for hours on end. Beach 16 miles. Shop 3 miles, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£92From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bridgwater, EnglandNestled at the foot of the Quantock Hills (England’s first designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty), Bincombe Country Cottages are located outside the small hamlet of Over Stowey near Bridgwater in Somerset. The site comprises of four luxurious holiday homes newly built in 2021; two end terrace, three-bedroom properties and two mid-terrace two-bedroom properties. These exceptionally stylish terraced properties are ideally located for enjoying superb walking in the peaceful countryside of the Quantock Hills and they each showcase a private front and back garden with a hot tub, a balcony, underfloor heating throughout, free parking and reverse-style living making the most of the views of the north Somerset coast in the distance and you can even see Glastonbury Tor on the horizon on a clear day.
On entering Foxglove (UK34612), there are three beautifully furnished bedrooms on the ground floor; one of which has a zip and link super kingsize bed with an en-suite shower room and the other two each have kingsize beds and a family bathroom with a separate bathtub and a walk-in shower. Head upstairs to the spacious and contemporary open plan kitchen, living and dining area which has a light and airy feel with sweeping views stretching for miles as far as the eye can see. Doors open out onto the balcony which is a lovely area to socialise and to plan your days of adventures. The kitchen is well equipped with all the mod-cons and the dining area is a great space to enjoy a family meal. After a fun-filled day exploring Somerset, you can kick back on the plush sofa, relax and watch your favourite movie on the smart TV with freeview. Stepping outside into the enclosed garden, there is plenty of outdoor seating, a barbecue and a private hot tub. Guests can truly unwind here after a busy day exploring and walking the coastal paths.
The local village of Nether Stowey is one mile away, four miles away is the fossil hunting beach at Kilve, and the seaside resorts of Dunster, Burnham-on-Sea, Minehead and Watchet are all within easy reach. The lovely cathedral and Bishop’s Palace at Wells, Dunster Castle, the county town of Taunton, and Street with its Clarks Village shopping outlet, are a short drive as are the glories of Exmoor National Park. Here, as well as a spectacular coast, visitors will find Badgworthy Water (home to the legendary Doones), the unique cliff railway between Lynton and Lynmouth, Porlock Weir’s harbour, and popular beauty spot of Watersmeet. There is a wealth of opportunities to explore the outdoors from Higher Hockpitt Farm, offering visitors the best of the coast and countryside of Somerset and the surrounding area. Property 1 (UK34612) can be booked together with Property 2 (UK34614), Property 3 (UK34615) and Property 4 (UK34613) to accommodate up to 20 guests.£115From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Somerton, EnglandWelcome to Crickledown, a gorgeous detached holiday home, perfect for families to get together for some quality time in a fabulous space and location! When you pull into the driveway and Crickledown appears in front of you, you will fall in love straight away.
Inside this large, yet wonderfully laid out home, you have a beautiful entrance way with feature staircase and chandelier, a huge lounge with superb fireplace and woodburning stove, Smart TV and French doors leading to the garden. A second lounge/snug has a Smart TV and is a great space for the kids to have their own fun. The spacious Kitchen has a large Aga for cooking, electric hob, dishwasher and fridge as well as a breakfast area. Off the kitchen is the grand dining room with plenty of seating for everyone. From the kitchen you also have access to the utility room with large fridge/freezer and washing machine. On the ground floor is the downstairs suite complete with double bedroom, lounge and en-suite shower room, the perfect spot for the less mobile or for those who like a bit of their own space. Upstairs, you will find five more bedrooms. The rear facing bedrooms have wonderful views of Glastonbury Tor as does the principal bathroom, which features a spacious walk-in shower and fabulous bath, where you can relax and gaze out over the fields beyond.
Outside, you have a beautiful large garden, part of which is an orchard and a superb place to sit and relax under the shade of the apple trees on a hot day. The patio area has seating and a BBQ area, and there is also a fabulous lawn area for games. The crowning glory of course is the magnificent hot tub, perfectly situated to take in the views of the fields, the garden and the house while you sit back and relax with a glass of your favourite drink.
Crickledown is set in the village of High Ham, just 3 miles from Langport. The Somerset levels are easily accessible as are many of Somersets other attractions. The towns of Taunton, Yeovil and Glastonbury are reached in under 30 minutes by car, with the latter being of note for its ancient historical links and of course the Tor which can be seen from Crickledowns windows. National Trust properties abound nearby and a fun day out for the family can be had on the West Somerset Steam Railway which runs from Bishops Lydeard to the seaside town of Minehead. Pub within a mile.£213From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Somerton, EnglandWelcome to Dronefield Lodge, a stunning home, built and designed by the owners to a magnificent standard with all the thoughtful little touches that make your holiday memorable! From the moment you drive through the gates, up the private driveway and Dronefield Lodge appears, you will know your holiday has begun in style!
The property now benefits from modern fly/insect screens which has been fitted on every window and door to make your stay more comfortable. Enter the large open plan Kitchen/Dining room/Lounge. The high-end kitchen features electric hob, double ovens, built in microwave, fridge freezer, washer/dryer, and dishwasher as well as a breakfast bar, while the dining area has a large table with seating for 11 and the lounge has a Smart TV and comfortable seating. Off the dining area are three ground floor bedrooms, one being a master with king-size bed and en-suite shower room, a double bedroom and a further single bedroom; there is also a large bathroom with bath and separate walk-in shower.
Upstairs you will find 2 further bedrooms, one being a large bedroom with 4 single beds, perfect for children as well as a double bedroom; there is also a bathroom on this floor with bath. Please note there is restricted head height on this floor.
With underfloor heating throughout, well placed lighting and Smart TVs in every bedroom, there really has been nothing left out of this luxury property; you will be delighted in every room!
Outside, the large garden has a wonderful lawned area and fabulous covered dining terrace with pizza oven, BBQ, multi-games table and outdoor games. The terrace is lit at night so you can really make the very most of this property both inside and out for your entire stay!
The pretty market town of Somerton is easily reached and has shops, bars, and restaurants to enjoy. Slightly further you have the town of Street with its retail outlet shopping centre for the bargain hunters among you! The ancient town of Glastonbury is reached within 20 minutes and has several quirky shops as well as lots of history to uncover! Closer to Dronefield, there are walks in every direction, perfect for your four-legged family members to enjoy, or head to Langport and stroll along the River Parrett and the Somerset Levels.£177From price per night based on 7 night stay