Shoe designer Camilla Elphick loves to cook for her rescue Cavachon, Lulu, and she’s been kind enough to share with us her latest recipe for her delightful homemade canine cookies.
Camilla’s Apple, Carrot and Oat Dog Biscuit Recipe
A delicacy that can be enjoyed by both you and your pooch, these homemade dog biscuits are the perfect healthy doggie snack. Made with apple, carrot and oats, they’re full of nutrition and goodness – and what’s more, they’re super yummy too!
- 70g gluten free oats
- 1 apple, cored and cut (leave peel on) boiled and blended
- 1 medium size carrot, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 54g coconut oil (heat to melt and let cool)
- 100ml water, note: the apples add moisture, so only add extra water if necessary
- Preheat the oven to 165C/325F.
- Mix all the wet ingredients into a bowl.
- Then add in the dry ingredients and stir until it’s all combined.
- Roll the mixture into balls or alternatively roll it flat and use a cookie cutter to make biscuits.
- Cook in the oven for 45 mins and keep checking at the end to make sure they are cooked through. Take them out of the oven when they’re light golden brown.
Send us your photos!
We’d love to see your fury friends enjoying their canine cookies. Tag us in your pictures on Instagram (@thepetspyjamas) or use the hashtag #barkingbakeoff and we’ll share them to our story!