Pet Friendly Holidays West Sussex
Steeped in stunning scenery and home to lovely towns and villages such as Bognor Regis, Compton, Chichester, and Rustington, West Sussex offers plenty for you and your doggy to discover.
- Chichester, England
A luxury dog-friendly boutique B&B with a stunning location in Sussex in the heart of the South Downs National Park and 30 acres of parkland for your pet play.£229Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Chichester, EnglandPets by arrangement with the owner. Sorry, no puppies. The property is dog friendly, but please be aware the owner’s Corgi likes to welcome well-behaved female dogs only so please do keep this in mind
when considering your booking. Located within the South Downs National Park, in the pretty village of Singleton, The Old Surgery is a self-contained, two bedroom holiday cottage able to facilitate up to four guests. The property forms a small part of Corner Cottage, one of Singleton’s most iconic and historic houses. Dating back to 1731, the whole property has undergone a full restoration. This beautiful listed building has been entirely re-built by local craftsmen and retains many of its original features while encasing state-of-the-art contemporary living.
The wing of the main house was once known by the community as the village surgery. As a nod to its history, it is now called The Old Surgery and has its own separate entrance and French windows that flow onto a bespoke patio, surrounded by the larger walled garden that surrounds the entire house. The owners live in the main house alongside running part of the property as a B&B. The Old Surgery also features a few fun furnishings relating to its medical past. You will find decorative old medicine bottles beautifully displayed behind glass casings in the ground floor bedroom walls, and a vintage medical wall mount which doctors used to put their X-rays on, doubling up as a quirky wall light in the hallway.
The cottage living room has a large wall mounted Smart TV in front of the Swedish style sofa, so that you can snuggle down in front of the wood burner and relax at the end of a long day out exploring West Sussex. The kitchen is open plan with the living room and dining area, and is equipped with everything you will need to self-cater during your stay, when you’re not dining out at one of the local pubs. The cottage has two bedrooms, a ground floor twin bedroom, with zip and link beds so you can have a super kingsize if you prefer, whilst a spacious bedroom occupies the first floor with a double bed at one end and a single day bed at the other for flexible sleeping arrangements. The beautiful bathroom on the ground floor with its highly individual decorative tiles has a small, yet very deep bath which is a sit-down Japanese design. There is also a separate state of the art power shower.
There is a superb choice of activities and places to visit in West Sussex. The village of Singleton is only a short distance from the historic cathedral city of Chichester, and a few minutes’ away from the Goodwood Estate famed for its motor racing, golfing and horse racing. The renowned Cowdray House and Polo Club are also nearby, as well as Petworth House, Arundel Castle, Fishbourne Roman Palace, and Weald and Downland Museums are also nearby. You can spend the day immersing yourself in the best of the counties cultural offerings. Beach 12½ miles. Shop 1½ miles, pub and restaurant 175 yards.£112From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chichester, England
The Mongolian Yurt has 1 double bed and up to 3 single fold out cushion beds
They are simply gorgeous and once inside, feels solid, sumptuous and welcoming.
Each yurt has -
- Handmade Oak double bed with memory foam mattress
- Up to three fold out single cushion beds
- An antique table and Chesterfield sofa
- Natural coir flooring with a large Moroccan rug
- Beautiful drapes in white
- An antique wood-burning stove with supply of wood
- USB Lighting with two phone charging ports
- Picnic table and pallet kitchen with a gas stove and kettle.
- Hand sanitiser, antibacterial spray, tea cloth, washing up bowl and a trug bucket
- Barrel BBQ
Facilities available -
- Access to the lovely Tree house kitchen with communal chiller box, this is an off grid cool box chilled with large ice butts. It will not freeze food, just keep it cool. You will have use of the sinks to wash up in and the two ovens with gas hobs to cook with, if you so wish.
- Huge amphitheatre fire pit to toast marshmallows and gaze at the stars.
- Communal 120 capacity Home Yurt with DVD library.
- Hot showers and heated toilet block.
£125From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Pre bookable exclusive slots in the wood fired hot tub - £22.50 for a 45 minute session.
- Amenity hamper if you do not wish to bring your own crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils from our treehouse kitchen where there is basic cooking equipment. The hamper also includes a hammock to use throughout your stay. - £25
- Additional bedding and towel hire fee of £20 for a single set, we already provide up to two singles and the double bedding.
- Charcoal for BBQ £12 per bag.
- Hammock hire £12 per hammock.
- Chichester, EnglandConverted from former farm buildings, these four holiday properties (two of which have been adapted for the disabled with shower chairs available), are in the Southdowns National Park. Properties 17320 and 17321 command fine views over the surrounding countryside. 17320 also has a worktop which has been lowered for wheelchair access to the sink in the kitchen. Situated in the grounds of the family farm (non-working), they are only 100 yards from the village of Compton with village shop and tea room with free wi-fi access. Enjoy peaceful walks along a bridle path leading to the South Downs Way, 2 miles designated as a National Park. The historic cathedral town of Chichester lies 10 miles away, with its cobbled streets adorned with tea rooms and restaurants, and the ornate cathedral. Scenic boat tours can be taken around the harbour. Goodwood and Fontwell races or polo at Cowdray are all within a short drive. Portsmouth, with shopping and leisure facilities, within easy reach. Hawking and falconry days can be arranged, prices on application and must be pre-booked direct with owner. Shop and pub 100 yards.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chichester, EnglandNestled in the heart of West Sussex, Goodwood Coach House provides an idyllic retreat tailored for couples, offering both comfort and convenience. Just minutes away from the renowned Goodwood Estate, celebrated for its motorsport events, golf courses, and horse racing, this charming accommodation is perfectly situated. The estate is also famed for hosting the prestigious Festival of Speed, adding a touch of glamour to the locale. The first-floor living space of Goodwood Coach House boasts a spacious and open arrangement, combining a cosy sitting area with a Freeview TV and two comfortable single beds. For added flexibility, a folding guest bed is available, accommodating up to three guests.
The ground floor features a well-appointed shower room and a separate utility room with a washing machine. The kitchen/dining area is generously equipped, ensuring a delightful stay, especially for those moments when you’re not exploring the nearby excellent pubs and restaurants. In addition to the practical amenities, the property offers Wi-Fi and extends a warm welcome to one small dog. Guests also have the privilege of enjoying the surrounding owner’s garden, enhancing the overall experience.
The allure of West Sussex unfolds with a plethora of activities and attractions. A short distance away lies the historic cathedral city of Chichester, while the inviting beaches of West Wittering and Bognor Regis are within a 20-minute drive. The picturesque sailing village of Bosham, the historic castle in Arundel, and charming antique shops further enrich the local landscape. Nature enthusiasts will appreciate the proximity to the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust, Pagham Nature Reserve, and the maritime charm of Portsmouth with its Spinnaker Tower and Gunwharf Quays.
For day trips, the Isle of Wight beckons, along with visits to HMS Victory and the Mary Rose. Whether you’re into harbour tours, golf, sailing, or cycling, the surrounding area provides ample recreation opportunities. With its central location, Goodwood Coach House serves as an ideal base for exploring the diverse attractions and natural wonders of West Sussex.£58From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chichester, EnglandThe Stables is one of two newly built farm cottages set in a courtyard of a 16th-century thatched house. Surrounded by over thirty acres of fields, sometimes grazed by sheep it is a haven for wildlife and birds and a great space for a morning run or private dog walk.
There is plenty of space for kids to play outside of the garden area. Stylishly and comfortably furnished with wooden floors and open rafters, the cottage has a light, airy, and modern feel. Bedrooms have full doors which open onto a garden area with fields beyond. We are located between West Wittering famous for its sandy Blue Flag beach and dunes and the walled City of Chichester with its historic cathedral, a famous theatre, and many other attractions. Nearby Goodwood hosts world-renowned racing and motorsport events. You can fly in a Spitfire (expensive) from its aerodrome or at least hopefully see one flying over from the cafe or at the beach. Itchenor is a short distance here you can hire a boat or get the foot ferry across to picturesque Bosham. Boat trips into the harbour and fishing trips can also be booked. There are paddle boards, surfboards, and kayaks for hire, and lessons are available, Chichester harbour is an ideal place to practice or learn. There is a pay-and-play 18-hole golf course close by. Walking on the many beautiful coastal paths offers bird-watching opportunities and there are some lovely walks in the nearby South Downs. The Down and Weald Open Air Museum can be found here, a unique day out and where The Repair Shop is filmed.
Portsmouth is a 20-minute drive, its historic shipyard houses the Mary Rose and there are many more museums here as well outlet shopping at Gunwharf Quays. Ferry/Hovercraft to the Isle of Wight. National Trust properties at Arundel and Petworth are set in pretty market towns. Uppark is close by too along with houses/ gardens at West Dean and Cowdry. There are some lovely pubs and dining in the vicinity as well as cafes and more well-known restaurants in Chichester. The county is also home to many vineyards open for visitors. The bus stops for the beach/East Wittering and Chichester in the other direction are almost outside the property. The Stables and The Dairy can be booked together to accommodate eight.£150From price per night based on 7 night stay