Dog Friendly Holiday Cottages in Somerset
Dog Friendly Holiday Cottages in Somerset
- Watchet, EnglandLocated in the middle of the ancient coastal town of Watchet, this semi-detached cottage, in a new mews development, offers a convenient base for a holiday. Enjoy the harbour, marina and the steam trains of the West Somerset Railway. There is superb scenery and walkways on the South West Coastal Path or inland on the wild and rugged area of Exmoor. The Victorian villages of Lynmouth and Lynton, famous for the Watermeet Gorge, Valley of the Rocks and the funicular cliff railway are close by. Visit the medieval Dunster Castle with its terraced gardens or the sandy beaches at Dunster and Blue Anchor. Shop, pub and restaurant 50 yards.
Located right in the middle of the ancient coastal town of Watchet, this semi-detached cottage, in a new mews development, offers a convenient, comfortable base for a holiday enjoying all this area has to offer. Enjoy the harbour, marina and the steam trains of the West Somerset Railway. There is superb scenery and walkways on the South West Coastal Path or inland on the wild and rugged area of Exmoor. The Victorian villages of Lynmouth and Lynton, famous for the Watermeet Gorge, Valley of the Rocks and the funicular cliff railway are close by. Visit the enchanting medieval Dunster Castle with its beautiful terraced gardens or the sandy beaches at Dunster and Blue Anchor. Golf can be found nearby. Shop, pub and restaurant 50 yards.£55From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Burnham-on-Sea, EnglandWelcome to Seashell House, completely refurbished in 2022 and set in a fantastic position within walking distance of Burnham-on-Sea’s beach. It also has a large supermarket and restaurant within a 2-minute walk! Inside, you have a fabulously well-equipped kitchen to cook a delightful meal at any time of the day, including a dishwasher – because who wants to wash up on holiday! The living/dining room has a comfortable sofa, dining table, Smart TV and access to the garden through the glass door, which allows light to flood in. Heading upstairs you have the family bathroom, the master bedroom and a twin room. Outside, the rear garden is fully enclosed and has a decked seating area, it’s the perfect spot to relax with a cuppa in the morning or a drink in the evening after a day out exploring the area.
Burnham-on-Sea is a fantastic seaside town with lots to offer. Spend the day on the beach, play in the arcades or explore the shops and the local restaurants, with many different options to discover. Jump in the car and explore the surrounding area, with Weston-super-Mare, Brean and Berrow just a short drive away. Slightly further afield you have the ancient medieval town of Glastonbury with it’s Tor, or grab some bargains at Clarks Village designer outlet in Street. Why not jump on the train from Weston-super-Mare and explore the cities of Bath, with its architecture and spa, or Bristol, with its fabulous harbourside, shopping and castle green?£74From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Langport, EnglandA detached, studio-style annex resting in Aller near Langport, Somerset. Tin bath. Pet-friendly. Off-road parking. Fire pit. Ground-floor living. Street 10.6 miles; Glastonbury 12.8 miles; Burnham-on-Sea 18.3 miles.£198From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Watchet, EnglandElsie has been lovingly restored by her owners in 2020, to offer a wonderful holiday for families or friends, she is situated right by the West Somerset Railway line that runs from Minehead to Bishops Lydeard and also offers sea views from every room! Every detail has been considered to make your stay as perfect as possible. Head up the steps and through the door, where you will enter into the living/dining room, with comfortable sofas and dining table comfortably seating 6 people, off the living space is the very well equipped (and fabulous sized) kitchen with full cooking facilities as well as a full fridge/freezer, microwave and washer/dryer! Head down the narrow hallway to your sleeper cabins, one of which is a small double with sea and railway views plus a TV, while the other two bedrooms feature bunk beds (original but made safe for 21st century use!) both feature sea and track views, TVs and one has an XBox to keep the kids happy after a day exploring the beach or on Exmoor! At the end of the carriage is the shower room with a large shower. Outside you have a large grass area for games and relaxing, plus private parking. *Please note, the underside of the carriage is open and the working track can be accessed, please ensure that dogs are kept on a lead at all times and children are fully supervised while outside*
Blue Anchor is a wonderful seaside village, set between Minehead and Watchet, with a fabulous stretch of beach which is perfect for year round use and is also dog friendly at all times! The beautiful West Somerset Steam Railway which runs through Blue Anchor has a stop here and they offer wonderful trips as well as speciality trips with steam fairs, afternoon teas, candlelight dinners and the amazing Santa Express! Nearby, head to the medieval village of Dunster with its wonderful castle, spend a day at the arcades or shopping in Minehead, pop to Watchet and stroll around the Harbour or head inland onto Exmoor.£73From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bridgwater, EnglandNestled at the foot of the Quantock Hills (England’s first designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty), Bincombe Country Cottages are located outside the small hamlet of Over Stowey near Bridgwater in Somerset. The site comprises of four luxurious holiday homes newly built in 2021; two end terrace, three-bedroom properties and two mid-terrace two-bedroom properties. These exceptionally stylish terraced properties are ideally located for enjoying superb walking in the peaceful countryside of the Quantock Hills and they each showcase a private front and back garden with a hot tub, a balcony, underfloor heating throughout, free parking and reverse-style living making the most of the views of the north Somerset coast in the distance and you can even see Glastonbury Tor on the horizon on a clear day.
On entering Foxglove (UK34612), there are three beautifully furnished bedrooms on the ground floor; one of which has a zip and link super kingsize bed with an en-suite shower room and the other two each have kingsize beds and a family bathroom with a separate bathtub and a walk-in shower. Head upstairs to the spacious and contemporary open plan kitchen, living and dining area which has a light and airy feel with sweeping views stretching for miles as far as the eye can see. Doors open out onto the balcony which is a lovely area to socialise and to plan your days of adventures. The kitchen is well equipped with all the mod-cons and the dining area is a great space to enjoy a family meal. After a fun-filled day exploring Somerset, you can kick back on the plush sofa, relax and watch your favourite movie on the smart TV with freeview. Stepping outside into the enclosed garden, there is plenty of outdoor seating, a barbecue and a private hot tub. Guests can truly unwind here after a busy day exploring and walking the coastal paths.
The local village of Nether Stowey is one mile away, four miles away is the fossil hunting beach at Kilve, and the seaside resorts of Dunster, Burnham-on-Sea, Minehead and Watchet are all within easy reach. The lovely cathedral and Bishop’s Palace at Wells, Dunster Castle, the county town of Taunton, and Street with its Clarks Village shopping outlet, are a short drive as are the glories of Exmoor National Park. Here, as well as a spectacular coast, visitors will find Badgworthy Water (home to the legendary Doones), the unique cliff railway between Lynton and Lynmouth, Porlock Weir’s harbour, and popular beauty spot of Watersmeet. There is a wealth of opportunities to explore the outdoors from Higher Hockpitt Farm, offering visitors the best of the coast and countryside of Somerset and the surrounding area. Property 1 (UK34612) can be booked together with Property 2 (UK34614), Property 3 (UK34615) and Property 4 (UK34613) to accommodate up to 20 guests.£115From price per night based on 7 night stay