Dog Friendly Cottages in West Sussex
Planning a rural escape to the rolling hills of the South Downs? Or want a seaside getaway with your furry friend? West Sussex makes a fabulous location for a dog friendly holiday and you won't be short of luxury dog friendly cottages to choose from for a pawsome break.
- Chichester, England
The Mongolian Yurt has 1 double bed and up to 3 single fold out cushion beds
They are simply gorgeous and once inside, feels solid, sumptuous and welcoming.
Each yurt has -
- Handmade Oak double bed with memory foam mattress
- Up to three fold out single cushion beds
- An antique table and Chesterfield sofa
- Natural coir flooring with a large Moroccan rug
- Beautiful drapes in white
- An antique wood-burning stove with supply of wood
- USB Lighting with two phone charging ports
- Picnic table and pallet kitchen with a gas stove and kettle.
- Hand sanitiser, antibacterial spray, tea cloth, washing up bowl and a trug bucket
- Barrel BBQ
Facilities available -
- Access to the lovely Tree house kitchen with communal chiller box, this is an off grid cool box chilled with large ice butts. It will not freeze food, just keep it cool. You will have use of the sinks to wash up in and the two ovens with gas hobs to cook with, if you so wish.
- Huge amphitheatre fire pit to toast marshmallows and gaze at the stars.
- Communal 120 capacity Home Yurt with DVD library.
- Hot showers and heated toilet block.
£125From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Pre bookable exclusive slots in the wood fired hot tub - £22.50 for a 45 minute session.
- Amenity hamper if you do not wish to bring your own crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils from our treehouse kitchen where there is basic cooking equipment. The hamper also includes a hammock to use throughout your stay. - £25
- Additional bedding and towel hire fee of £20 for a single set, we already provide up to two singles and the double bedding.
- Charcoal for BBQ £12 per bag.
- Hammock hire £12 per hammock.
- Wiston, EnglandEnjoying a rural location in the lovely Sussex countryside, these two beautifully refurbished, detached single-storey barn conversions are located close to the South Downs and only 15 minutes’ drive to the beach. Within easy reach are beaches at Worthing and Brighton, historic Arundel with stunning castle and Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust, Chichester with its cathedral and Goodwood/Fontwell races. Plenty of National Trust homes and gardens to visit. Shop 1 mile, pubs and restaurants 2 miles.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bognor Regis, EnglandSituated 300 metres from the beach, this holiday home lies close to the village of Elmer and within half a mile along the beach of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty which stretches several miles from Elmer to Littlehampton. The beaches in this area remain quiet, even during the busiest summer periods and with man made rock islands just off the shore and accessible at low tide, the beach is wonderful to explore and is ideal for swimming, fishing, windsurfing and walking. Elmer is an ideal location to explore many of the attractions of the south coast from bustling Brighton, 25 miles, to the east to historic Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight to the west. In between there are beautiful places such as Chichester with its cathedral and festival theatre, quaint Arundel, 5 miles to the north with its castle, river, antique shops and famous wetland bird centre, Goodwood and Fontwell race courses and the beautiful South Downs are all close by. Shop, pub and restaurant 200 yards.£92From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bognor Regis, EnglandSituated 300 yards from the beach this holiday home lies close to the village of Elmer and within half a mile along the beach of an area of outstanding natural beauty which stretches several miles from Elmer to Littlehampton. The beaches in this area remain quiet even during the busiest summer periods and with man made rock islands just off the shore and accessible at low tide, the beach is wonderful to explore and is ideal for swimming, fishing, windsurfing and walking. Elmer is an ideal location to explore many of the attractions of the south coast from bustling Brighton 25 miles to the east, to historic Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight to the west. In-between there are beautiful places such as Chichester with its cathedral and festival theatre, quaint Arundel, 5 miles to the north with its castle, river, antique shops, restaurants and famous wetland bird centre, Goodwood and Fontwell race courses and the beautiful South Downs are all close by. Shop, pub and restaurant 200 yards.£111From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bognor Regis, EnglandCrafted to look like a boat by the owner, who lives in the adjoining house, this unique holiday property is only 60 yards from the beach. Forming the ’bow’ of the boat, its features such as portholes, curved wall in the entrance/dining area and boat railings on the balcony all add to the feeling of being on the sea.
The pebble and sandy beach, is protected by rock islands and children will enjoy the rock pools and fishing. It is a perfect beach for walking to Bognor Regis, and is dog friendly all year round.
Middleton-on-Sea has a few pubs, restaurants and village shops. With Bognor and Littlehampton being a short drive away, there are more selections of eateries and shops.
It is a perfect base for a couple or a small family to enjoy a beach holiday, or visit nearby historic villages, such as Arundel with its castle, Wetlands Birds Trust and its superb choice of eateries. Close by to Chichester and its Festival Theatre, Goodwood, Fontwell, Witterings, Midhurst and the South Downs. The property is a drive, or train ride from Portsmouth, with its array of shops, day trips to the Isle of Wight or Brighton, with its Theatre and famous “The Lanes” shops. It is also close to many National Trust Homes, such as Stansted Park, Goodwood House, East Dean and many more. Can be booked with ref: W44272 to accommodate up to 6 guests. Shop, pub and restaurant 50 yards.£69From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Pulborough, EnglandThis charming luxury holiday cottage is tucked away at the end of a long drive and within in the extensive grounds of the owner’s home. The Lodge is tastefully and comfortably furnished throughout and is perfect for a relaxing break. Take country walks or visiting the RSPB Pulborough Wetlands, the Knepp rewilding project, Parham House and Gardens or visiting local vineyards, country pubs and restaurants.
Nearby are the local villages of Thakeham which has a 12th-century church, village shop and pub, and Ashington with a supermarket, fish and chip takeaway, pharmacy, Indian restaurant/takeaway and a garage. The pretty village of Storrington is 4 miles away and offers independent butchers, baker, delicatessen, individual shops, cafes and a supermarket.
Within a short drive are the gardens of Leonardslee, Borde Hill, Wakehurst, Nymans and Arundel Castle. The River Arun and The Wey and Arun Canal for boat trips, Weald and Downland Open Air Museum, Amberley Museum and Heritage Centre, Hepworth brewery for local craft beer, Nytimber, Wiston, Nutbourne and the Kinsbrook Vineyard, 1¾ miles.
The vibrant, colourful and creative city of Brighton and Hove is only 17 miles away and offers pebble beaches, award winning restaurants, the Regency Royal Pavilion, the British Airways i360 Viewing Tower, the historic Brighton Lanes - a unique retail destination, or Brighton Marina with boat rides, water sports, electric bike hire, popular restaurants and eateries.
Chichester, with its streets of Georgian buildings and 900-year old cathedral, is 45 minutes away and boasts one of the best regional theatres in the south east. The Pallant House Gallery is located within the ancient city wall in a handsome Queen Anne House. The Goodwood Estate is to the east of the city and includes an outdoor sculpture park, and is also home to the Festival of Speed, the Revival and Glorious Goodwood horse racing. Shop 1½ miles, pub ¾ mile.£94From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Uckfield, EnglandAn attractive, pet-friendly lodge sitting on the outskirts of Balcombe, West Sussex. Off-road parking. Enclosed garden. Family-friendly. Rural location. Smart TV. Woodburning stove. Haywards Heath 7.9 miles; Horsham 12.7 miles.£105From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bognor Regis, EnglandA superb three-bedroom dormer bungalow resting in Elmer, West Sussex. Sea views. Direct beach access. Pet-friendly. Fully enclosed garden. Open fire. Chichester 9.6 miles; Worthing 13.6 miles; Selsey 15.6 miles.£124From price per night based on 7 night stay