- Stafford, England
The dog-friendly Swan Hotel in Stafford dates back to the 18C with parts dating back even further. The Swan is a charming, dog-welcoming hotel which provides a perfect base for a doggy getaway with your best furry friend in tow.£120Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Leek, EnglandMegs Cottage Butterton can be found on the edge of the Staffordshire Moorlands and Derbyshire Peaks in the picturesque conservation village of Butterton. Situated in the heart of the Peak District National Park, the detached cottage is an eco-friendly stable conversion, full of character with the staircase and beams crafted from reclaimed wood from the Royal Doulton Pottery. Antique furniture including a magnificent 18th-century oak chest and farmhouse oak table add to the wonderful eclectic and individual style, as do rustic ornaments and the farmhouse style kitchen, handmade by the owner himself. The property offers flagstone flooring with underfloor heating on the ground floor, and two en-suite bedrooms with super kingsize beds (can be twin on request) dressed with crisp Egyptian cotton linen. Outside, the private lawned garden and patio offers truly beautiful and unobstructed views across the surrounding fields and peaks. Sounds of the stream and birdsong play in the background and the view of the sunset is spectacular.
Megs Cottage Butterton is perfect for a quiet hideaway, away from life’s hustle and bustle but also as a base for more energetic activities. The Peak District offers excellent walking, climbing and cycling, and with the Manifold Valley, Dovedale, The Roaches, High Peak and Tissington Trail all in the local area you really are spoilt for choice. Finally for those thrill seekers, Britain’s premier theme park Alton Towers is just 20 minutes by car. Leek, with its supermarkets, is about 15 minutes’ drive. Shop 5 miles, pub and restaurant 180 yards.£74From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stafford, EnglandWelcome to The Stables at the Oaks – an enchanting, eco-friendly, off-the-grid retreat nestled within the owner’s picturesque small holding, home to adorable pigs, sheep, and chickens. This lovingly renovated stable conversion has been thoughtfully designed to offer you an unforgettable stay.
The heart of the property is its inviting open plan living space, where a crackling wood burner creates a warm and cosy ambiance, perfect for unwinding after a day of exploration. Exposed beams add rustic charm, and the grand decor throughout exudes elegance. With two inviting bedrooms, a peaceful night’s sleep is assured, and the well-appointed shower room ensures all your needs are met.
Step outside, and you’ll be greeted by breath-taking vistas of open fields and captivating scenery. The outdoor area is a delightful setting for al fresco dining or simply embracing the beauty of nature. Nature enthusiasts will be in their element here, as The Stables at the Oaks provides direct access to an abundance of footpaths and walking opportunities, promising adventures at every turn. Nearby, the lively village of Yoxall offers a wealth of amenities, while Needwood Forest beckons with its ancient woodland and stunning bluebell displays during spring. For those seeking a touch of history, the National Memorial Arboretum and the National Brewery Centre are well worth a visit, offering fascinating insights into the region’s heritage.
If you crave tranquillity, the magnificent Cannock Chase and the peaceful Peak District National Park provide idyllic escapes. For history aficionados, the vicinity boasts impressive historic estates, including Chatsworth House, Shugborough Hall, Kedleston Hall, and the charming Sudbury Hall.
Discover the perfect haven for a memorable holiday at The Stables at the Oaks – where comfort, sustainability, and natural beauty come together harmoniously. The local shop, pub, and restaurant are just a mile away, ensuring convenience along with an unforgettable experience.£63From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leek, EnglandGrindon is home to a host of fantastic walking routes, it is a peaceful and tranquil rural location with local pubs around you in Butterton, Warslow and Waterfall. This property began as a stable, then became a workshop, until the owners wanted to do more with the space and open it up to visitors given the stunning area it is in.
The property has views of Thor’s Cave and is a fantastic base for your Peak District getaway. The owners really have thought of everything and had their guest’s comfort at the forefront of their minds when planning the renovations. It has an open plan kitchen and sitting area, the kitchen has all the amenities you should need such as fridge/freezer, electric hob, and a combi oven/microwave.
There is a table with two chairs conveniently placed with stunning high ceilings and feature light fittings. The living area has a comfortable sofa, with pops of colour complimenting the white finished walls, there is a Smart TV with access to Netflix, a comforting electric wood burner and a single sofa bed neatly tucked away is required.
The bedroom is quaint with shabby chic designs in mind and an en-suite shower room. Modern shutters have been placed in the main living area for privacy. There is a patio area next to the property where you may bump into the owner’s dog, Skye.
This property is sure to blow you away.£107From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stafford, EnglandSitting alongside a fantastic equestrian centre surrounded by picturesque countryside, this property makes an exceptional place to call home as you explore the surrounding area and its plethora of attractions, including the National Trust owned Sudbury Hall, Alton Towers Theme Park and the beauty of the Peak District National Park.
The perfectly formed Cottage is ideal for a family or close friends to come together to enjoy the wonderful interior and pretty garden to the rear of the property. Enter the cottage to discover a light and airy hallway leading to a well-equipped kitchen, containing everything the chef of group could need to rustle up delicious dishes. Make your way into the living room and cosy up on the plush seating arrangement. Through the patio doors you will find yourself in the picture-perfect garden to relax in. At the end of an adventure-filled day, take the staircase to the first floor to find the master suite, notable for its sumptuous double bed and good wardrobe storage, alongside you will also be greeted by the twin room.
Enjoying a peaceful position within East Staffordshire is the village of Anslow. Local things to do include Church Farm tea rooms and children’s farm, Thistley Place Meadow nature reserve or brushing up on the area’s history with a visit to the ruins of Tutbury Castle.
Other things to do include The Salt Brook Heritage Trail. Nearby there are many place of national significance, Lichfield Cathedral 12 miles, St. George’s Park National football stadium 3 miles, and most importantly about 8 miles away the National Memorial Arboretum at Alrewas. If you visit the latter allow sufficient time and bring plenty of tissues, it is very moving and a ’must visit’ if you are in this area for the first time. Alternatively, the surrounding area plays to more superb things to do for a family of all ages, with the National Trust property of Sudbury Hall resting just a stone’s throw away, as well as the ever-popular Alton Towers theme park for an adventure-filled day. Those with children will be delighted with the proximity to National Forest Adventure Farm and the Conkers activity centre, whilst avid ramblers can venture to the Peak District National Park to enjoy a plethora of trails and routes amidst breath-taking scenery. With all of this and much more, this really is an exceptional base for touring this part of Staffordshire with your loved ones.
Horse owners are welcome to bring their horse along, please enquire with the owner beforehand for any equestrian requirements.£54From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Gailey, England
A canal boat trip makes a fabulous adventure for your canine friend. You have the freedom to go where you want and your dog will love stopping off for endless new dog-walking opportunities and the gorgeous riverside dog-friendly pubs on route.£214From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stafford, EnglandThe Pump House has been transformed into an amazing holiday home that provides excellent quality, superb furnishings and beautiful views over some of the estate land. The estate itself lies on the Staffordshire/Shropshire borders, providing a good base from which to discover both areas.
Guests are able to explore some of the private grounds of the Hall or the many public footpaths and bridleways that cross the 4000-acre estate (maps provided on arrival). On certain days of the year, the grounds are opened up to the public so they can explore the beautiful Hall, the Capability Brown landscaped Park, Lake and Woodlands.
Attractions nearby include Penkridge Wharf and The Shropshire Union Canal, the RAF Museum at Cosford, The Potteries, Ironbridge Gorge Museum, Dudley Zoological Gardens, Stafford Castle, National Sea Life Centre and the Hoo Farm Animal Kingdom. Birmingham is just 30 minutes’ away, with train services running from Codsall, just 2½ miles away. With the historic towns of Ludlow and Worcester within easy driving distance, it truly is a perfect base.£72From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leek, EnglandDiscover the ideal retreat at Stonesthrow Townhouse, perfectly situated in the heart of Leek. Surrounded by a vibrant array of bakeries, restaurants, and bars, as well as an abundance of shops, this townhouse offers a delightful escape. Step outside into the town centre, where numerous trails and walks beckon for exciting adventures. For thrill-seekers, the renowned Alton Towers theme park is a mere 20-minute drive from the property.
Leek, a charming Market Town, hosts various markets throughout the week, including the well-known Totally Locally Market that originated in the town. A large park nearby features a children’s park, sports courts, and a leisure centre with a swimming pool and gym—a short stroll away, perfect for families or those travelling with dogs. Stonesthrow Townhouse is also in proximity to the Peak District, making it an excellent choice for avid walkers. Architecture enthusiasts can indulge in an insightful tour passing by the house. The property’s decor is a testament to nature and botanical inspirations.
Recently renovated in early 2022, the townhouse boasts a seamlessly flowing design, with colour schemes from the wallpapers creating a calming and relaxing ambience. The ground floor welcomes you with a cosy living room, complete with a warming coal fire, a comfortable corner sofa, and a Smart TV featuring Chromecast for convenience. An Amazon Echo is also at your service for any inquiries. The well-equipped kitchen includes a space-saving, fold-out dining table with chairs. Ascend to the first floor to find the master bedroom with a king-size bed, while the family bathroom boasts a stunning roll-top bath. On the second floor, two additional double bedrooms await. Outside, an enclosed courtyard provides a safe space for your pets to explore. Whether you seek urban excitement, cultural exploration, or natural serenity, Stonesthrow Townhouse promises a memorable stay in the heart of Leek.£83From price per night based on 7 night stay