- Westerdale, EnglandIf peace and tranquillity be the order of the day, then look no further. Nestling in the stunning Esk Valley, these holiday properties have been lovingly converted from 200 year old farm buildings and are situated just across the courtyard from the owners’ farmhouse which dates from the 12th century. Converted from a former granary, The Granary (ref W41008) occupies the first floor of a detached barn conversion, with views towards Castleton Rigg. Stylish and delightfully furnished, retaining many original features with a vaulted ceiling, low beams and solid oak floors. The Carthouse (ref W41503) is spacious and occupies the ground floor of the detached barn conversion, whilst The Byre (ref W7733) is an attractive single storey, detached property with a multi-fuel stove in the living room, and offers wonderful views over the dale. They are all tastefully furnished and decorated and offer excellent holiday accommodation. Ideally situated in the beautiful North York Moors National Park, a scenic drive along the country roads takes you to the historic port of Whitby. The area abounds with smugglers coves and quaint fishing villages untouched by the passing years. An excellent base for exploring the surrounding area, with the Yorkshire coast and Heartbeat country both easily accessible. Walking is available direct from the door, with fishing and riding nearby. Castleton is 1 mile away with all amenities including supermarket, bank and post office. A magical part of the world at any time of the year. Properties W41008, W41503 and W7733 can be booked together for larger parties. Shops, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£112From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Thornton Steward, EnglandThis large detached barn conversion, now a holiday home, offers generously proportioned rooms and can be found on the edge of the owner’s working farm, commanding spectacular views over open countryside. The bustling market towns of Bedale, Leyburn and Masham are approximately 7 miles equidistant, with Middleham, 4 miles, famous for its castle and home to over 1000 racehorses. Jervaulx Abbey and Thorpe Perrow Arboretum are close by, or for the more adventurous, Lightwater Valley theme park, providing attractions to suit all ages, is 12 miles away on the outskirts of the cathedral city of Ripon. Shop, pub and restaurant 3 miles.£73From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Malvern, EnglandNestled beautifully in the scenic Worcestershire countryside with uninterrupted views of the iconic Malvern Hills, this well-presented detached lodge is located on a working equestrian farm and offers the perfect base for couples or family looking for a leisurely retreat whatever time of year you choose to visit.
The Pavilion has been carefully renovated with you in mind offering spacious living areas, sumptuous bedrooms featuring en-suite bathrooms and a well equipped kitchen with all amenities including a dishwasher. Outside, the enclosed garden and terrace overlooking the equestrian arena, amongst the backdrop of the beautiful Malvern Hills, makes the perfect place to kick back and unwind with a glass of wine following a busy day’s exploration.
The property is located in the grounds of Hillview Arena and Stables, and you are directly beside a bridle path. The owners offer riding holidays by prior arrangement. Here, your horse can be accommodated during your stay at the cottage, in the 12x12 stables or fenced turnout area. You would also have access to use of the two arenas and show jumps. If you are interested in bringing your horse along for the fun, please call the owner to discuss.
Picturesque scenery and scenic walks unfold from your doorstep making it a natural playground for walkers, nature enthusiasts and mountain bikers alike. Conveniently located between the three counties of Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire, you’ll be able to find lots of popular destinations all within an easy drive. These include the charming market towns of Ledbury, Worcester, Tewkesbury and Cheltenham, all featuring a plethora of independent gift shops, highly-acclaimed restaurants, traditional pubs and bustling markets as well as many majestic sites dotted around the rolling countryside. Come and explore this lovely corner of Worcestershire for yourself, you will not be disappointed. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
This property can be booked for long lets.£62From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Washaway, EnglandThis detached holiday cottage, set on a working farm, on the owners estate comprised of farmland and woodland, is fitted and furnished to a good standard and is a perfect place to unwind or explore, either on foot or by car. Situated a few miles from Bodmin and Wadebridge, and a short drive from Padstow with its shops and Polzeath with its beach. Within easy reach of Port Isaac, made famous by TV’s Doc Martin. Along the coast are Tintagel, Boscastle and Newquay with its surfing. Shop 3 miles, pub 2 miles.
- Brightling, EnglandIn the High Weald AONB and converted to a high standard, this attractive, single-storey barn is accessed via a track ¼ mile from the lane and lies quietly in 500 acres of Brightling Park (once known as The Rose Hill Estate) with sheep and horses on the farm. Brightling is famous for the many Fuller follies. Excellent walks on the doorstep. Visit Bateman’s (Kipling’s home) and Sarah Raven’s famous cutting garden at Perch Hill. Rye and Tunbridge Wells are 30 minutes by car, Brighton is 45 minutes. Mainline station to London is 5 minutes’ drive from Robertsbridge. Shop and pub 2 miles.
Coblye Barn (PJJR) and Ox Lodge Barn (PQQW), situated 1 mile apart, can be booked together to accommodate up to 7 guests.
- Welland, EnglandThis delightful residence is situated in the heart of the Worcestershire countryside offering the perfect location for exploring the many sights and amenities. The village of Welland borders Castlemorton Common and is also within walking distance of the famous Malvern Hills. The Cider Press is just two miles from the Three Counties Showground and just 4 miles from both Upton and Malvern. Shop ¼ mile, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£45From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kirkbridge, EnglandSet in a small hamlet, these carefully converted holiday cottages form a courtyard development where every care has been taken with the design, internal furnishings and their impact on the environment. Bell’s Barn (prop ref 25899) stands detached from the other cottages and is suitable for wheelchair users. There is also enclosed paddock where your dogs can run free! Just a short walk from Crakehall, claimed to be one of the prettiest villages in the Dales, with a large village green overlooked by an imposing manor house where cricket and quoits teams often play. Nearby, the historic town of Bedale, 2½ miles, offers a weekly market every Tuesday and various events during the year, together with a range of individual shops, restaurants and pubs. Masham, renowned for the Black Sheep Brewery, is 10 minutes’ drive and Richmond with its Norman castle, Georgian architecture and thriving theatre is also easily accessible. Historic York and its many attractions is within easy driving distance. Alternatively, just enjoy the wonderful Yorkshire countryside either by car, bicycle or on foot. Shop and pub ¾ mile. Properties 25898, 25899, 25900 and 25901 can be booked together to accommodate up to 16 guests.
- Woodbridge, EnglandThis semi-detached cottage comes fully equipped with a private hot tub. Surrounded by the undulating Suffolk hills, this is a truly special property. The open-plan living area boasts a warm and snug environment which makes for a great social space. The master bedroom comes with an en-suite toilet, and the twin room has an additional pull-out bed, so there’s room for the whole family. With the property all on one level, it’s ideal for wheelchair access too. As well as enjoying your own privacy, with a private entrance, garden and patio area, guests can also take full advantage of the farm’s features, like visiting the goats, sheep, horses and cattle. Beach 16 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 3 miles.£126From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Beverley, EnglandSet in 10-acres of beautiful countryside, these contemporary holiday cottages offer lovingly furnished and comfortable holiday accommodation. Four of the cottages enjoy access to a shared central glass atrium, providing an internal patio area. Children and adults alike can enjoy the owners’ collection of farmyard animals including goats, pigs, sheep, ponies, donkeys, and poultry. With a designated dog walk in the grounds, visitors’ pets are made to feel very welcome here too. Mappleton Sands are close by, ideal for summer picnics on the tranquil sandy beach or a cliff top stroll, and a 4-mile drive takes you to the seaside town of Hornsea with The Mere, a birdwatcher’s paradise and where boats can be hired for rowing and fishing. Here you are also within easy reach of the historic town of Beverley with its minster and renowned racecourse, and the award-winning aquarium ’The Deep’, in Hull city centre. There are stately homes at Burton Agnes and Sewerby Hall, and further inland lies the rolling countryside of the Yorkshire Wolds, the inspiration for David Hockney’s famous paintings. Shop 4 miles, pub and restaurant 400 yards. These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 24 guests.£51From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Horning, EnglandIn the lovely Broads village of Horning, a short walk from shops and riverside pubs, this extremely spacious and comfortable lodge property boasts a fine waterside setting with its own mooring in a small marina leading onto the main River Bure. The first floor balcony is a delightful place to relax and watch the boating activity and wildlife, and visitors can enjoy numerous attractions within a short drive. Scenic excursions on the Bure Valley Railway, the Wroxham Barns craft centre, Bewilderwood adventure park, stately Blickling Hall (NT), lovely sandy beaches and the cathedral city of Norwich with its castle, museums and galleries, cinemas and theatres, excellent shopping and wide choice of restaurants are all easily accessible. Situated within a 2 minute walk to a riverside pub, with village shops and other pubs within a 10-minute walk.£86From price per night based on 7 night stay