Explore the moors and hills of the Peak District, Derbyshire is home to a number of wonderful walkies for you to enjoy with your best furry friend.
- Chesterfield, England
Ringwood Hall Hotel & Spa is a beautiful 19th-century manor house hotel set amongst six acres of formal award-winning gardens and surrounded by 29 acres of parkland - the perfect location for a dog-friendly getaway.£91Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Matlock, EnglandBuntingfield Farmhouse is set within the owners beautifully kept livery yard in a rural location set in the Peak District in Derbyshire. The property has been skilfully renovated and offers guests luxury accommodation throughout. The property boasts quality furnishings, decor and equipment in every room. Wake up in the large master bedroom with its own dressing room and en-suite to amazing views from the picture-perfect bedroom windows. The second bedroom also offers guests a relaxing place to rest your head. The garden is the perfect place to put your feet up and enjoy the pretty cottage where you can relax with your morning coffee with views over the nearby fields and hills. Benefiting from a stunning open plan living space, it offers guests the chance to be together whilst cooking on the fantastic Aga.
If you want to leave your car for a rest, walks can be enjoyed directly from the door with many public footpaths right on the doorstep. The small, rural village of Ashover is peacefully situated in the Amber Valley, just 5 miles from Matlock. The village has several good pubs, including one of the oldest pubs in the Peak District and another which offers home brewed Ashover ales. The county town of Matlock, a former spa town, offers a host of fine eating places, good shops and an interesting museum, whilst at the heart of the town, Hall Leys Park provides a lovely setting for a host of recreational activities such as bowls, tennis and boating.
Enjoy a thrilling day at Gulliver’s Kingdom, with its owl maze, water gardens, nature trails, exhilarating rides and cable car trips over the magnificent Matlock Gorge. Follow the High Peak Cycle Trail, explore the lovely market town of Bakewell, famous for the Bakewell pudding or visit the elegant Chatsworth House and Hardwick Hall where it all started for the Cavendish family. There is certainly plenty to see and do at this wonderful location.£97From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Buxton, EnglandNaze View Barn is located on the owner’s working farm, a unique location within the Peak District on an alpaca farm sharing the land with horses, alpacas and the owner’s friendly cocker spaniels. The barn offers beautiful accommodation for up to four guests. On the ground floor there are two kingsize bedrooms, one of these can be made into a twin if requested, plus a modern shower room. On the first floor is an open plan living space with fully equipped kitchen with dining table and chairs, a cosy living area with a Juliet balcony. The barn has high ceilings and has been finished to a high and modern standard, keeping the accommodation light throughout with tasteful pops of colour. Outside there is an enclosed garden with patio area, plus a hot tub to be enjoyed at your leisure. There is also private parking available. The owner does offer an alpaca experience for an extra charge and you can walk them around the farm, this is to be organised directly with the owners.
If you enjoy a round of golf, then the nearest is Chapel Golf Club just a few minutes from the property. Beyond the immediate village there is much to offer in the area for walking, cycling and caving.£169From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Matlock, EnglandBee Keepers Cottage is located on a working farm on the edge of Derbyshire’s Peak District, the cottage overlooks the 18 hole golf course at Shirland Golf and country club where visitors day passes are available.
The cottage has beautiful rural views and offers guests the peace and quiet of rural living yet within easy access of local attractions and transport networks, and there is a golf course boarding the property’s grounds and miles of footpath networks adjacent to the farm.
The accommodation at Bee Keepers cottage is spaced over a single storey and offers light, bright accommodation with beautiful gardens and views of the rolling Derbyshire countryside.
Chatsworth House, Hardwick Hall and Crich tramway museum are a short drive away. Local towns include Matlock, Bakewell and Chesterfield. Derby and Nottinghamshire are a 20-minute drive.
The location is popular with walkers who enjoy the beautiful walks and trails straight from the doorstep.
All accommodation is on the ground floor. The Large modern kitchen/dining area to seat 6 and opens out onto the living area with Smart TV. The kitchen has an electric eye level oven, built in microwave, induction hob, fridge/ freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.
Two bedrooms have king size beds, and the third a single bed, and there is a family bathroom with bath and shower above – there is also an additional shower room with quadrant shower cubicle, toilet and basin.
Outside there are two seating areas, a BBQ, gardens and plenty of off-road parking.
Guests are welcome to visit the horses in the barn next to the property (prior arrangement with the owner), please supervise children for their safety.
Bee Keepers cottage can be booked with the award winning sister cottage ’Little Barn UKC2348’ which is located on the same farm. Jointly providing accommodation for 7 people.
A warm welcome awaits.£124From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Matlock, EnglandLittle Barn is a light, bright, stunning detached barn situated on an equestrian centre, with sheep, hens and a very friendly dog. The barn is next to a golf course, overlooking rural countryside and with the owner living on-site. This property offers open plan living at its very best. A spacious living/kitchen/dining area has been furnished with a quirky, eclectic range of items, which will be adored by everyone who stays there. Little Barn has been designed for people who want to get away from it all regardless of the time of year to enjoy the beauty and tranquillity offered by this idyllic location. Relax on the patio and enjoy the views over the hills to the famous Crich Stand war memorial.
The cottage offers walking and cycling right from the doorstep, and within a 5-minute drive there are trials for walking, cycling and horse riding, and within 15 minutes is the Crich Tramway Museum. Little Barn is located next to the villages of Higham and Wessington where you will find country pubs serving food and real ale. Close by is Hardwick Hall, built in the 1590s by ’Bess of Hardwick’, the second most powerful woman in England after Queen Elizabeth I. The Hall, and even its original tapestries and textiles, have survived unaltered for four centuries, and it is now open to the public by the National Trust. Near the estate’s original water mill, still in operation and open to visitors, is the Hardwick Inn, also built in the 16th century, probably by the masons who built the hall.
A little further away are the delights of the Peak District, including Chatsworth House, a 30-minute drive, and the town of Matlock is just a 15-minute drive, with the amazing Heights of Abraham at nearby Matlock Bath, as well as some stunning countryside. For a nostalgic journey back in time through the Derbyshire countryside take a trip on one of Peak Rails steam engines, or visit Cromford Canal and take a trip into the past on an historic narrow boat. The towns of Chesterfield and Derby are just a 20-minute drive away, and nearby Nottinghamshire is also just 20-minutes away, here you can visit Nottingham’s castle or Sherwood Forest to go on a Robin Hood hunt! Close by is Teversal, a small village in Nottinghamshire which is surrounded by the Teversal Trail Visitors Centre, offering great access to the Teversal and Pleasley Trails network, perfect for enjoying a variety of walks and cycle routes. Visit the famous Crooked Spire in Chesterfield, Gulliver’s Kingdom in Matlock or for thrill seekers, Alton Towers theme park. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.This property can be booked with Bee Keepers Cottage (ref UK38201) to accommodate up to 7 guests.£104From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chesterfield, EnglandRed Robin Cottage is a charming, two-bedroom cottage, perfect for couples or a small family. On the ground floor, you’ll find a delightful living room with TV and an electric wood fire effect, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere. The fully equipped kitchen boasts modern amenities, ensuring you have everything you need for cooking delicious meals during your stay, there’s also a large dining table where you can enjoy your meals together. On the first floor you have a kingsize bedroom featuring a TV, along with a twin bedroom. The bathroom offers both a bath and a shower cubicle, providing convenience and comfort for your stay. Step out from the kitchen into the generously sized, lawned, enclosed garden with comfortable furniture which makes it an excellent spot to relax and soak in the fresh air. The property provides driveway parking for one car, with additional street parking available if needed.
There is ample to do in the area to make your stay fun filled and memorable. Take a stroll through the local nature reserve, visit Chesterfield town centre known for its iconic crooked spire, where you can enjoy shopping and cafés. The Peak District is home to Chatsworth House, a magnificent stately home with stunning gardens and beautiful art collections; it is a must visit for history and architecture enthusiast. There are many different walks to be enjoyed around the entirety of the Peak District. Through the fields alongside unused railway tracks and hilly trails, there’s plenty of countryside to see along the way whichever route you take. You can easily fill your time in Derbyshire with activities to suit all your party with the knowing of having Red Robin Cottage to return to at the end of the day to relax and unwind in comfort.£86From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Barrow upon Trent, EnglandThese large attractive properties, situated in the grounds of the owner’s home, are just off a track in peaceful countryside, yet close to many amenities. Stenson Hill Farm can accommodate the largest family party, with own snooker room and attractive conservatory providing the dining area for the whole party and a lawned garden and large patio, whilst Stenson Lodge accommodates the slightly smaller group and has an attractive lawned garden overlooking the owner’s aviary with exotic birds. Both enjoy views over surrounding farmland and boast built-in barbecues. There are many attractions around with Calke Abbey and Derby with its theatres, clubs and restaurants within a 15 minute drive, whilst Ashbourne and Dovedale are 15 miles. Well worth a day out for any family or group are Matlock Bath, 20 miles, Alton Towers, 22 miles and Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall, a comfortable drive away. This property can be booked together with Stenson Hill Farm (ref 16165) to accommodate up to 34 guests. Shop and pub within ½ mile.£282From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bakewell, EnglandA superb one-bedroom cottage resting on Burton Manor Farm on the outskirts of Bakewell, Derbyshire. In a National Park. Open-plan. Romantic. Shared games room. Chatsworth 6 miles; Matlock 9.7 miles; Buxton 12.6 miles.£57From price per night based on 7 night stay