With fabulous market towns in the Durham Dales, gorgeous scenic views along the Durham coast and fabulous places to enjoy walkies, County Durham is ideal for a pet getaway.
- Barnard Castle, EnglandCharacter, semi-detached Grade II listed cottage in Barnard Castle. Ideal for families and friends alike. WiFi, pet-friendly. Great base for exploring the Yorkshire Dales. Caldwell 9 miles.£53From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hartlepool, EnglandSuperb contemporary second floor apartment with fabulous views over sea and harbour in Hartlepool. Modern open plan living, stylish accommodation. 5 mins walk to marina, restaurants and pubs. 2 miles to Seaton Carew beach. Durham 18 miles.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bolam, EnglandPerfectly located in the small, unspoilt village of Bolam, this beautiful single-storey holiday property, attached to the owner’s home, is in the ideal location for guests wishing to really explore the local area and surrounding counties. This quaint village is small and welcoming, and occupies a crest of high ground on the edge of the Tees basin with panoramic views into the Tees Vale. Guests will often see horses being ridden through the main street at any time of day and will be far away from any of the hustle and bustle of daily life. Ideal for guests wanting to enjoy a quiet romantic break, Bolam is peaceful and pretty, and is home to a village pub that serves food and drink, situated just a few hundred yards away from the cottage. There is also a Michelin starred restaurant that is located just 3 miles away too, making this the perfect excuse to enjoy a fabulous three course meal in top quality surroundings.
Perfect for walkers, cyclists and ramblers, with plenty of walks, cycle paths, bridleways and established footpaths that pass through the village and beyond into some of the most picturesque countryside that County Durham has to offer. Taking guests through unspoilt woodland, open fields and fabulous countryside, guests will be able to wander far and wide through some of the many small villages and towns that lie in the surrounding areas including Staindrop, Heighington, Cockfield, Evenwood, Little Newsham and Ingleton.
For guests who enjoy a round of golf on their holiday, there is the perfect opportunity to visit one of the many surrounding golf courses, including Headlam Hall Country Hotel and Spa, and Bishop Auckland Golf Club. The pretty village of Staindrop is only a little over 8 miles away and is an ideal destination for a day trip. Set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and peppered with cafés, tea shops, pubs and a butchers, this is a great spot to enjoy a leisurely lunch and then a wander around Raby Castle, where visitors will have the pleasure of being able to catch a glimpse of over two hundred deers, comfortable in their natural habitat within the grounds of the estate and castle. Only 14 miles away, the thriving and historic town of Barnard Castle is also a must see. There is a popular weekly farmers market offering local produce, as well as many various pubs, restaurants, shops and places of interest, including the ruins of the castle itself, along with a visit to the world famous Bowes Museum.
Visit the cathedral city of Durham, which is only a 35-minute drive away, with an abundance of historic and popular attractions, including Durham Castle, Durham Cathedral and the River Wear. Durham is a city that is thriving all year round and is an ideal location for all ages, with many popular activities and shows to see and enjoy including the Lumiere Festival, jazz festival, book week, arts week and the theatre, as well as many designer boutiques and shops.
Beach 25 miles. Shop 5 miles, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£92From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Barnard Castle, EnglandBelle Vue house (UKC4502) has been the family home since the 1890’s and has been lovingly restored in 2020 to a very good standard to include a spacious shaker style kitchen with Neff appliances and a dining area set around a Dimplex electric log-effect fire. The lounge is cosy and overlooks the beautiful cottage style garden, to further relax and enjoy the garden there is a south facing conservatory with garden furniture. The house has three spacious bedrooms, one with en-suite shower room. There is a family bathroom with shower over the bath and a downstairs toilet. Belle Vue (UKC778) is a two bedroomed cottage with a lovely garden so you can sit and relax with a nice glass of something cold on those lovely warm sunny days.
Guests can choose to be as energetic as they feel as there are plenty of places to explore within a short distance on foot or by car. Within walking distance Eggleston has a Gourmet Café in the beautiful grounds of Eggleston Hall with a secret garden and the ruins of a Norman Church. The nearby North Pennines, Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, offers an abundance of trails for walking, cycling and hiking through the picturesque woodland. There are two pubs in the village which serve good food, and the area is one of the remotest parts of England and a walkers paradise.
The nearby Market Town of Barnard Castle is home to the unusual Bowes Museum, set within stunning grounds and resembling a French Chateau, it’s home to some beautiful artwork and antiques and is often referred to as the Victoria and Albert of the North. Just 4 miles away you can visit the highest Waterfall in England (High Force), rising above Middleton in Teesdale, with alaso offeres some lovely riverside walks. Hamsterley Forest is a short drive away, and offers a full day out for the whole family and provides a wide variety of mountain biking for all skill levels. Within a short drive is the City of Durham with its iconic cathedral, cobbled streets and independent shops and restaurants. Newcastle on Tyne with the Sage Concert Hall and Baltic Arts Centre are within an hour away. Bishop Auckland is home to the Railway Museum and Auckland Castle and Darlington (with Railway links) is only a half an hour’s drive. For a day out to the coast, drive to Saltburn with its beautiful coastline, beach and a Victorian vernacular lift. Shop 4 mile, pub and restaurant ½ mile.
Belle Bue House (UKC4502) and Belle Vue (UKC778) these properties can be booked together to accommodate 8 guests.£81From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stainton, EnglandWaltons Close is a substantial, detached property sitting in large grounds in the village of Stainton, Cumbria. Woodburning stove. Pet-friendly. Character features. Penrith 3.3 miles; Pooley Bridge 3.9 miles.£133From price per night based on 7 night stay