Dog-friendly Hotels Hampshire
Choose from some of the finest dog-friendly hotels, spas and luxury country houses in Hampshire, scattered throughout popular areas such as Southampton, Droxford, Brockenhurst, Winchester and the stunning New Forest.
- Ringwood, EnglandLilypad is a newly built home in a peaceful residential area within walking distance to the high street of Ringwood. Downstairs there is an open plan kitchen, living and dining room with a 43-inch smart tv. In the kitchen there is a fridge freezer, dishwasher, gas hob and electric oven with all the equipment you need to cook a meal to enjoy together. There is a convenient downstairs toilet and there is underfloor heating on the ground floor of this property. Upstairs is a king bedroom and a double bedroom both with 32-inch smart TVs. The family bathroom has a shower over the bath and there is a washer dryer in the cupboard. At the front of the property there is a small patio area with a small outdoor seating area and there is parking available for 1 car and a locked bike store.
Ringwood high street is within walking distance, this historic town comprises of a rich mixture of architecture including buildings which are thatched, Georgian, modern, and historic buildings lining the streets. A stroll along west street will take you to the Jubilee Gardens with a millstream running through which once powered the corn mill. There is a variety of independent shops in Ringwood along with cafes and eateries. Ringwood Brewery is well worth a visit during your time here, and you can even book a tour to sample the local beers. Ringwood has a weekly market as well as several farm shops within driving distance for local produce. For walkers and cyclists, the Castleman trail is easily accessible from Bickerley Road, this follows the old train route between Dorchester and Southampton.
For days out you must visit the New Forest with its free roaming horses, cattle and donkeys and an abundance of unique villages and pubs throughout. Moors Valley is fantastic for walking and cycling within the forest and you can even book an experience at Go Ape to climb among the treetops. There is the New Forest Water Park with a variety of water sports and a giant inflatable obstacle course on the water which is a fantastic day out. For fishing a day license can be purchased at the tackle shop for fishing on the River Avon with the chance to catch a variety of fish including Pike, Chub and Carp. The beaches of Southbourne and Avon Beach are within a half hour drive, with a mixture of sandy areas and pebbled area. Other nearby days out include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Liberty’s Owl and Reptile Centre, Dorset Heavy Horse Farm, Bolderwood Deer Sanctuary, and you can get a ferry to the Isle of Wight for a day trip! Lilypad provides the perfect home to base yourselves while exploring the nearby areas to make those memories on your holiday.£91From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Fareham, EnglandLittle Yew Tree Lodge is positioned in a small village called Worlds End in the beautiful Hampshire countryside. Furnished to a high standard with a fantastic, sociable, open plan living/dining and kitchen with everything you could need for a very comfortable stay. Sleeping for up to four guests, there are two bedrooms, one with a kingsize bed and the other with a double, both boasting their own modern en-suite bathrooms with walk in showers.
French doors lead to a lovely patio area off the rear bedroom, the perfect spot for that morning coffee. The large rear garden is the perfect spot to enjoy both day and night. Why not escape the sun and shelter with a book under the sheltered pergola. Or enjoy a relaxing time in the wood-fired, oxygen-cleaned hot tub with led lights. A perfect way to spend a summer’s evening.
Little Yew Tree Lodge is ideal for couples, friends or a small family looking to embrace Hampshire’s beautiful countryside, with lots of beautiful walks and cycling trails, yet easily accessible to an array of activities and sites. A great location to enjoy the hugely popular events at Goodwood and Fontwell Park Racecourse. Close by Hambledon Vineyard, nestled on the edge of the South Downs, is England’s oldest commercial vineyard. Sparkling wine is produced on-site in the gravity-fed state of the art winery – the only one in the UK.
Easy reach are beaches at Hayling Island, Southsea, and West Wittering’s and just a 25-minute drive from the nautical city of Portsmouth with the amazing views from the top of Spinnaker Tower, designer outlet shopping and waterside dining at Gunwharf Quays. Day trips to the Isle of Wight and HMS Victory and the Mary Rose Exhibition, The D-Day Museum, Southsea castle and Blue Reef Aquarium. The historic cathedral city of Winchester, 30 minutes away, boasting many historic attractions such as Winchester Cathedral, King Arthur’s Round Table and Jane Austen’s House. The city is host to a variety of events throughout the year including street theatre, jazz festivals and outdoor cinema and film events. Also known for its Christmas market with outdoor ice rink.£174From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Alton, EnglandStep through the door and you’ll be wowed by the beautiful interior of this lovely ground-floor holiday accommodation. Everywhere you look, you’ll be delighted with the well-thought-out living spaces and fantastic finishing touches. The open-plan living space provides a sociable space for film nights in front of the media centre and stove, and meals together reminiscing over the day’s adventures. The large sliding patio door leads to a decking area which can be a lovely sun trap on warmer days where you can enjoy an evening drink or a family barbecue. The decking, which is for sole use of guests, looks over the communal courtyard, which features a lovely lantern. For the grown-up kids, there is a snug mezzanine area reached by a fixed ladder, the perfect place for chilling out. There are two bedrooms, one with a kingsize bed and the second with a single bed and pull-out trundle that can be made up as two singles or a double bed; there is also a ‘secret’ sleeping space with cabin-style bed accessed by a fixed ladder in this room.
Bramley is a lovely large village in north Hampshire boasting its own railway station, which is just a 10-minute walk from Lantern Lodge and connects you to Basingstoke and Reading. The village also offers a great bakery and pub. You can reach the larger towns of Basingstoke, 5 miles away, and Reading, 10 miles away, quite easily and they boast an array of local amenities, shopping, and a choice of eateries. There is much to explore in this area including The Vyne, a historic National Trust property, less than a mile away, which hosts events and outdoor concerts in its stunning grounds. Silchester Roman ruins, less than 4 miles away - a great dog walk too; Wellington country park, an award-winning destination for a family day out, Wellington farm shop and café selling locally sourced produce, both within 4 miles, Highclere Castle; made famous by the filming of Downton Abbey is 16 miles away. The Cathedral and medieval city of Winchester are 24 miles away, Ascot with its famous Racecourse 22 miles away and Royal Windsor is 29 miles away.
With three Areas of Natural Beauty all within half an hour’s drive, you’ll be spoilt for choice for days out. The North Wessex Downs, the Chilterns and the South Downs National Park all provide magnificent scenery, outstanding walks and a selection of highly acclaimed pubs and country inns, and are considered as a natural playground for ramblers, cyclists, and nature enthusiasts alike. For more family fun Legoland, Thorpe Park, Peppa Pig World, Four Kingdoms Adventure Park, and Bird World are all great days out.£106From price per night based on 7 night stay
- PO11 9QF, EnglandThis super, unique, detached beach house includes two converted railway carriages, one of only a few to be seen along the south coast and enjoys a fabulous location directly on the seafront. Step onto the pebble beach via your private gate from the enclosed garden and enjoy miles of pebble/sandy beach – a haven for all ages, including children and dogs all year round! From the front it is deceptive, having been substantially extended, but once you approach the side entrance, the original features can be easily seen. Inside, the traditional carriage doors remain, and many of the rooms are set inside the former train carriages. Southern Bell offers tastefully styled, light, and airy holiday accommodation for families - with an enclosed patio garden, plenty of off-road parking and a short walk from the local shops, eateries/pubs, and harbour/sailing club. Hayling Island is renowned for its kitesurfing and sailing activities and local paddle - boarding and windsurfing lessons are available close by. Every year there is a national kitesurfing event, and a plethora of sailing and nautical activity can be seen along the coastline. Many activities can be enjoyed locally, including golf, fishing, cycling, boat trips and scenic walks along the water’s edge or along the South Downs National Park which are within easy reach. Chichester with its beautiful cathedral, festival theatre, pedestrianised shopping, leisure centre, Roman Villa and Goodwood or Fontwell races is worthy of a visit. Visit Portsmouth with waterside dining, ferry trips to the Isle of Wight, designer outlets, leisure facilities, Spinnaker Tower, Historic Dockyard including HMS Victory and the Mary Rose, or the maritime history at Southampton. Winchester, with its cathedral and abbey, and The New Forest are within easy driving distance. Plenty of National Trust homes and gardens can also be discovered nearby. Beach 5 yards. Shop 500 yards, pub and restaurant 500 yards.£184From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lymington, EnglandEnjoying a wonderfully peaceful, scenic and rural location, surrounded by fields where horses graze, this delightful, detached, Grade II listed cottage is accessed via a long gravel driveway, set back from a country lane, yet only 10 minutes drive to Lymington or 5 minutes to Brockenhurst. The popular local pub serving fine fayre is within ½-mile via a footpath or ¾-mile by road. Pond Cottage has been lovingly and carefully restored, offering tastefully styled accommodation yet retaining some superb features. The highlight of this super property is the wonderful kitchen/dining room with underfloor heating and a suspended mirrored light from the apex. French doors lead from here onto a patio terrace which leads to the enclosed gardens, where plentiful wildlife including deer, pheasants and many birds can be seen. Contrary to the name of the cottage, there are no ponds in the property’s own fenced grounds, however there is a large pond in the grounds of the next door property.
Ideal for families and couples, there is a double bedroom on the ground floor with a ‘Jack ‘n’ Jill’ shower room, and three further bedrooms on the first floor, one 5ft double with TV, one double and one single with a pull-out bed. There is a shower over bath on the first floor, plus an additional toilet in the ground floor utility - the cottage sleeps 8.
The ever-popular New Forest is part of the National Park, and is a haven for ponies. Extensive walks, cycling and riding routes cross the heathland. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round. Nearby Brockenhurst has ‘best in county bakers’, plus cycle hire, shop/post office and pubs/restaurants.
The popular sailing town of Lymington is only 10 minutes drive, with its pretty harbour, cobbled pedestrianised streets, boutiques, eateries and pubs, and ferries to the Isle of Wight. Other places of interest include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Buckler’s Hard, Marwell Zoo, Peppa Pig World at Paultons Park, New Forest Owl and Otter Park and Southampton with its maritime history, to name but a few! Shops 2 miles, pub/restaurant ½ mile.£139From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lymington, EnglandThis superb, detached, 16th-century spacious and characterful property enjoys a truly beautiful location. Peacefully located along a quiet lane and nestled within gently sloping, lawned gardens, with rose lined pathways, a meandering shallow stream and views at the rear over the countryside. Within the beautiful gardens sits a tiled outdoor heated swimming pool available in the summer months, with elegant roman end and steps down to the pool, and which also benefits from an electronic safety cover.
Steeped in history, this delightful home offers many original architectural features in keeping with the character of a period house, such as beams (some low), original inglenook fireplaces and tiled floors. Salters Cottage is ideal for families, friends and celebrations whether in summer around the pool or in winter with roaring fires. There is also a spacious green oak studio with high ceilings and French doors, which provides a fabulous reception room opening straight out onto the patio decking for games, family gatherings or just enjoying the view across the gardens onto the forest and site of special scientific interest. As well as the main living room and the studio, on the ground floor there is a snug with an inglenook fireplace with wood burner, and additional TV, and a spacious toilet. There is fibre Wi-Fi throughout the house. At the heart of this wonderful property is a hand-built kitchen, including a large induction cooker and oak topped kitchen island around which you can enjoy a glass of wine with friends and family. Opening out from the kitchen is a dining area that overlooks the extensive gardens.
The large, raised decked area is an ideal spot from which to savour the views whilst having an aperitif or dining al fresco on a warm summer’s evening. There is a range of garden seating and sun loungers in the garden. The lovely view over the gardens can be enjoyed from the tastefully styled bedrooms, with the large master bedroom being a particular feature, with its own dressing room and en-suite bathroom. In the small bedroom at the top of the stairs, a section of the original wall construction is exposed. The 4 bathrooms are well fitted, one of them has a roll-top bath with super Moroccan themed tiles. High quality linen and beds are throughout.
The ever popular New Forest is part of the National Park and is a haven for wildlife, with many roaming ponies across the heathland, extensive walks, cycling and riding routes. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round. The popular sailing town of Lymington is only a 10-minute drive, with its pretty harbour, open-air lido, cobbled pedestrianised streets, boutiques, eateries, pubs and day trips to the Isle of Wight on the ferry. Other places of interest include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Bucklers Hard, Marwell Zoo, Peppa Pig at Paultons Park, New Forest Owl and Otter Park and Southampton with its maritime history, to name but a few! Perhaps best of all are the surrounding walks into the forest without getting in the car. Salters Cottage is also within easy reach of many beaches, including Mudeford, Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth. Shop ½ mile and pub ¼ mile.£240From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Brockenhurst, EnglandThis detached, boutique-style, single-storey holiday property offers well-presented accommodation and makes an ideal retreat for couples or families looking to enjoy the delights of The New Forest right on their doorstep. There are two double bedrooms and a third bedroom with two single beds. Lawn Lodge has its own private parking and enclosed, lawned garden, and is adjacent to the owner’s renowned hotel, where guests can enjoy complimentary use of the extensive leisure facilities, including a heated indoor and outdoor swimming pool (outdoor pool - summer only), air conditioned gym and terraces/grounds. There is also a spa treatment centre (prices on enquiry), bar, two restaurants, and breakfast is offered at a discounted rate.
The ever-popular New Forest is a haven for wildlife with many ponies roaming across the heathland, extensive walks, cycling and riding routes. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round, including Beaulieu Motor Museum, Bucklers Hard, Marwell Zoo, New Forest Wildlife Park and Southampton with its maritime history, to name but a few! It is only a 10-minute drive to historic Lymington, with waterside dining, boutiques and ferries to the Isle of Wight. Lawn Lodge is also within easy reach of many beaches, including Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth. Beach 5 miles. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£148From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hayling Island, EnglandOffering superb sea views, this spacious home is situated in an enviable position along the sea front and boasts a large heated outdoor swimming pool. This holiday cottage, attached to a self-contained annexe which is occupied by the owner, is ideal for couples or family get togethers. Summer evenings can be savoured relaxing on the large patio - perfect for relaxing and enjoying an aperitif! Hayling Island is renowned for its sailing activities and windsurfing with lessons available close by. Every year there is a national windsurfing event and a plethora of sailing and nautical activity can be seen along the coastline. Many activities can be enjoyed locally, including golf, riding and boat trips, and scenic walks along the South Downs National Park. Chichester, with its beautiful cathedral, festival theatre, leisure centre, Roman Villa and Fontwell races, is definitely worthy of a visit. Visit Portsmouth with waterside dining, ferry trips to the Isle of Wight, designer outlets, Natural Museum, leisure facilities, Spinnaker Tower, HMS Victory or the maritime history at Southampton. Winchester and The New Forest are within easy driving distance. Shop 250 yards, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£178From price per night based on 7 night stay