Pet Friendly Lodges Scottish Borders
From the rolling hills and charming countryside in the west to the gentle valleys and the beautiful Berwick coastline in the east, the Scottish Borders is one of the most fascinating areas of Scotland and the pawfect escape in one of our pet friendly lodges.
A scattering of inspiring abbeys, castles and cultural landmarks share the landscape with spectacular scenery, so there's plenty for you and your pup to explore on what is sure to be a memorable dog-friendly holiday.
- Kelso, ScotlandSet in glorious countryside just north of Kelso, with panoramic views towards the village of Smailholm, this charming holiday cottage is tastefully furnished to provide a comfortable base from which to explore. Kelso, 6 miles, set on the River Tweed has interesting and individual shops and eateries, an abbey, racecourse and ice rink. Excellent cycling, fishing and walking in the Eildon Hills, access to two 18 hole golf courses, historic houses at Floor Castle and Mellerstain, 2 miles. Cycle store at the property. Shops and pubs 6 miles.£84From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hume, ScotlandPerfect for families or groups of friends holidaying together, this lovely holiday cottage has been created from original farm buildings to form roomy, flexible holiday accommodation. The spacious kitchen is the heart of the house with the Aga and long dining table at one end and a cosy stove and comfortable seating at the other. The bright sitting room has an open fire and French doors to the garden. Set in rolling countryside, 6 miles north of the picturesque town of Kelso, and 5 minute walk from imposing Hume Castle, this delightful holiday cottage also has a private enclosed garden and open countryside views. Range of activities to suit all ages and interests are available locally; cycling, golf, riding, horseracing, fishing, historic houses of Floors Castle and Mellerstain and the four great border abbeys of Kelso, Melrose, Jedburgh and Dryburgh, while Edinburgh is only a scenic 1 hour drive. Shops and pub 3 miles.£128From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kelso, ScotlandConverted in 2019 by the owners to a very good standard, Grooms Bothy is the perfect place for couples or a family to enjoy some time away from the hustle and bustle. Formed over two levels of a former stable building, the house has two bedrooms sleeping four comfortably. The ground floor is mostly open plan with a living room, breakfast area and kitchen. The modern efficient wood burner is a lovely feature, especially on those chilly evenings. Lastly the spacious shower room is on the ground floor and the underfloor heating is a nice touch.
Grooms Bothy sits next to, and on the site of, the former Nenthorn manse. The grounds extend to 8 acres and is used as an equestrian facility. For a small fee, stabling and use of the facilities could be organised for someone wishing to travel with their own horse(s). The surrounding countryside is arguably some of the most beautiful in the country and we would encourage some exploring around the Scottish Borders. Why not visit the market town of Kelso with wide cobbled streets, ancient market Bull Ring and abbey ruins. A short drive away near Berwick-upon-Tweed, you will find the National Trust Paxton House, and also nearby is Coldingham beach. Shop 4 miles. Pub and restaurant 4 miles.£54From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hawick, ScotlandWelcome to Heathfield, your gateway to the enchanting Denholm village nestled in the heart of the picturesque Scottish Borders. A warm embrace of heritage and natural beauty awaits you in this idyllic holiday destination. Denholm, with its rich historical tapestry, invites you to step back in time and discover the charm of a bygone era. Wander through cobbled streets lined with quaint cottages, and you’ll find yourself transported to an age of yesteryear. The village’s clock tower, a prominent feature, stands tall as a reminder of its past, where time moves at its own, leisurely pace.
For those with a penchant for the outdoors, the Scottish Borders offer an array of activities to keep you engaged. The rolling hills and serene landscapes provide the perfect backdrop for scenic walks and invigorating hikes. Follow in the footsteps of Sir Walter Scott, exploring the very trails that inspired his literary masterpieces. Fishing enthusiasts can cast their lines into the Teviot River, famous for its abundance of salmon and trout. Meanwhile, cyclists can explore a network of cycling routes, taking you through the breathtaking vistas of the Borders.
If history and culture beckon, visit the nearby Mary Queen of Scots Visitor Centre in Jedburgh or immerse yourself in local traditions at the Hawick Museum. The Borders are known for their vibrant arts scene, so don’t forget to check out local galleries and craft shops. Heathfield in Denholm offers the ideal starting point for your adventure in the Scottish Borders, where each day is an opportunity to explore, relax, and create lasting memories.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Eyemouth, ScotlandTucked away on the edge of the picture postcard village of Coldingham, Garden Cottage has lovely light, spacious living areas and a great bathroom with both a shower cubicle and a bath. This property is perfect for guests with younger children, as there is a cot and highchair available. There are gardens to both front and rear, and it is just a few minutes’ walk into the village where there is a priory, as well as local shops and a couple of cosy pubs serving food. You can also enjoy circular walks round the village. Sandy, sheltered Coldingham Bay, popular with surfers and divers, is 20 minutes’ walk, and Coldingham Loch offers fly fishing. St Abbs is a fishing harbour with a café/restaurant, and St Abbs Head National Nature Reserve is a coastal headland with breathtaking panoramic views and awesome cliffs where thousands of seabirds nest in the spring. You can enjoy amazing coastal walks, including a 30-mile route from Berwick-upon-Tweed to Cockburnspath, or take a boat trips from Seahouses to the Farne Islands, or from Berwick-upon-Tweed on the River Tweed out into the North Sea. Edinburgh is under an hour by train from Berwick, a fascinating Elizabethan walled town. There is a working harbour and golf in Eyemouth, historic houses and castles galore, fishing nearby, and plenty of crafts and galleries. Beach 1¼ miles. Shop, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£76From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kelso, ScotlandThis private and self-contained wing of a beautiful Victorian country house is ideal for family gatherings and parties. It is the perfect base for exploring Northumberland and the Scottish Borders with its fine beaches, historic buildings and stunning scenery. This bright southfacing house overlooks its own secluded garden complete with barbecue, garden furniture, badminton and a large private hot tub for relaxing in, or for family and friends to splash wildly in. Beyond Yetholm Loch lies against a back drop of green rounded hills. The surrounding parkland grazes horses and rare breed Soay sheep.
Inside, you can enjoy the comfort of soft sofas surrounded by period furniture and paintings, an impressive library of around 3000 books, a chest full of toys, two open fires, a well used family grand piano, Wi-Fi, satellite television and a DVD player. There’s a special place for everyone in this spacious house. The well-equipped kitchen has an electric range and a large dining table. Adding to the fun of staying at Lochside Garden House is the treehouse, reached by a rope bridge and descended by a spiral slide, designed for adventurous children and adults. An adjacent barn houses a shared snooker table and the lawns of Lochside House provide space for family fun with a swing.
The Yetholm Loch wildlife reserve can be reached along beautiful woodland walks and is home to many species of birds and animals. If you are lucky you may see an osprey swooping down to catch a fish or an otter playing in the sunshine. There is a family boat which guests are welcome to use for fishing or for the fun of rowing surrounded by wonderful scenery.
The village of Yetholm is a couple of miles away with pubs, garage, butcher, grocery store and post office. Kelso is only 7 miles away with supermarkets and a wide range of shops. Edinburgh and Alnwick with its famous gardens are about an hours drive. Shop, pub and restaurant 2½ miles.
Lochside Garden House can be booked together with Lockside Stable House (UPK) and Avenel Cottage (UK10920) to accommodate up to 29 guests.£132From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Eyemouth, ScotlandIn a tranquil setting directly overlooking the sea at Burnmouth Harbour, this terraced cottage set over three floors has been stylishly converted to provide a superb holiday base. Only 5 miles from historic Berwick-Upon-Tweed, 3 miles from Eyemouth and within an hour’s drive from the centre of Edinburgh, the options for days out are endless. Castles, battle sites and museums are all around for those interested in history, whilst there are leisurely coastal walks from the door. For the more energetic the Lammermuir Hills nearby have Hunt Law at a height of 495m and other peaks waiting to be climbed. Shop and restaurant 1.5 miles, pub 0.5 miles.£55From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Duns, ScotlandSituated by the woodland of Duns Castle is this comfortable, two bedroom, detached holiday home. The space includes an open-plan living/dining room with a wood burner and two bedrooms, both served by a modern bathroom. The kitchen is well-equipped with a good level of appliances, and outside there is a garden and private parking. Duns Castle Nature Reserve is within walking distance, as is the town centre. Duns Castle is famous as the setting for the film ’Mrs Brown’ and as a wedding location for the footballer Robbie Fowler.
Duns is approximately 15 miles from the town of Berwick-upon-Tweed (which has a main line railway station) and 40 miles from Edinburgh. The local Borders towns of Kelso, Melrose and Jedburgh are steeped in history and well worth a visit. Just over the border you have the attractions of Etal and Ford. There are various activities available locally or further afield. Shop, pub and restaurant 300 yards.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay