- With far-reaching views to open countryside, Southfield boasts 3 lovely holiday properties, 2 of which are detached cottages and the 3rd an open plan studio in the courtyard. They are all quiet and secluded, nestled within the owners property and perfect for romantic getaways, visiting the area on business, using as a base for exploring the area or visiting nearby friends and family.
Southfield Studio (UK33821) was previously used as the owner’s art studio and features a large open plan living area complete with a cosy wood burner on the ground floor, with a large double bedroom on the first floor, whilst Southfield Cottage (29245) is nestled at the bottom of the owner’s property and enjoys a cosy living and dining room with log burner opening up to a lovely kitchen, upstairs is the well appointed bedroom and ensuite shower room. Southfield Workshop (UK35405), once used for the owners business, is an open plan studio with one end being the bedroom area with an adjacent shower room and the other end a comfortable and quirky living space with kitchenette.
The nearby canal leads to one of three good pubs serving food in the village. There is also a range of shops, including a butchers and a post office. Good cycle routes and walks abound in the area, with the towpath for the canal at the bottom of the paddock which is in front of the cottage. For canal enthusiasts, the Stoke Bruerne Canal Museum is a 30-minute drive. This is a perfect location to explore, being close to the borders of Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire. There are many places of interest, such as Silverstone Grand Prix racing circuit, Bletchley Park, made famous in WWII, and Towcester Races.£46From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandWelcome to Racing Retreat, a charming holiday home nestled in Towcester, Northamptonshire, ideal for up to four guests across two bedrooms. Recently refurbished in 2023, this property enjoys an open-plan living and dining room with French doors leading to the enclosed garden where you can take advantage of those sunnier days relaxing with a glass of your favourite tipple on the patio. The kitchen provides everything you need to enjoy home-cooked meals during your stay, and upstairs you will be greeted by a brand-new shower room and two lovely bedrooms, providing a refreshing night’s sleep after your day of exploring and activities.
This cosy retreat is strategically located near the iconic Silverstone Race Circuit, making it a haven for motorsport enthusiasts. The renowned circuit hosts thrilling events throughout the year, such as the Formula 1 British Grand Prix, MotoGP, and various motorsport festivals, and now with an immersive museum to visit, it offers an electrifying experience for visitors.
For a unique and entertaining day out, Towcester Races is just a stone’s throw away. Guests can immerse themselves in the excitement of greyhound racing, enjoying the vibrant atmosphere and placing bets on their favourite dogs. Equally, you’re within a short distance of a variety of amenities, where guests can explore charming local shops, dine in cosy cafes and restaurants, and experience the warmth of this welcoming town. Towcester boasts a rich history, evident in its architecture and landmarks, creating a picturesque backdrop for your stay.
Why not venture beyond Towcester to discover the beauty of Northamptonshire? Explore the scenic countryside, and visit historic sites like Althorp House, the childhood home of Princess Diana, alongside many National Trust properties and other stately homes. The area offers a range of attractions and activities, ensuring there’s something for everyone.
In short, Racing Retreat is perfect for couples, friends, and small families including your furry companion, who are seeking to explore the area while offering a comfortable and convenient base for your stay. One small dog is allowed, ensuring that even your furry companion can enjoy the getaway.£67From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandSheldon House is a charming holiday cottage nestled in the picturesque village of Braunston, Daventry. This historic property, over 200 years old, carries a unique past as it was once a hardware store or haberdashery, adding character and nostalgia to its ambiance. Inside, you’ll find a cosy and comfortable living space, featuring a separate living room and dining room, and a well-equipped kitchen. The cottage boasts three bedrooms with 100% Egyptian cotton bedding and 5* hotel standard pillows, providing ample space for a family or a group of friends to stay and explore the surrounding area. One of the highlights of Sheldon House is its lovely garden, a peaceful oasis where you can unwind after a day of exploration or have your morning coffee while you watch you four legged family member run freely, as the property is dog-friendly.
Exploring the area around Braunston offers a variety of activities and attractions for visitors. Take a leisurely stroll to Braunston Marina and watch the boats gently gliding along the Grand Union Canal. You can even hire a narrowboat and embark on a relaxing canal cruise. Discover the quaint charm of the village with its traditional stone houses, charming pubs, and local shops. The historic St. Peter’s Church, dating back to the 13th century, is a must-visit for history enthusiasts.
Just a short drive away is Daventry Country Park which offers beautiful walking trails, serene lakes, and opportunities for birdwatching. Visit the beautiful National Trust property of Canons Ashby, a stately home surrounded by stunning gardens and parkland. Explore the historic house, take in the grand architecture, and enjoy the scenic walks. Located a little further afield is Althorp House, the ancestral home of the Spencer family, and it offers a glimpse into the history of the renowned Princess Diana.
If you’re a sports fan, consider visiting the nearby town of Rugby, famous for being the birthplace of rugby football, here you can explore the Rugby Football Museum and enjoy the town’s pleasant atmosphere. Whatever the reason for your break, Sheldon House provides an ideal base for a memorable holiday.£140From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Welcome to Cherry Tree Cottage situated in Eydon, a picturesque village in Northamptonshire. Nestled in the heart of unspoilt countryside, this charming Grade II listed holiday cottage is the perfect retreat for those seeking a peaceful getaway. The cottage itself exudes character and warmth.
As you step inside, you’ll be greeted by flagstone flooring, exposed beams and stone walls which create a cosy and traditional ambiance. In the living room, a log burner takes centre stage, offering a cosy spot to relax and unwind after a day of exploring. For those who need to catch up on work or enjoy some quiet reading time, there is a study area available to focus or indulge in your favourite book. One of the highlights of this cottage is the large conservatory that doubles as a dining room. This bright and airy space allows you to enjoy your meals while taking in the beauty of the country cottage garden. Speaking of the garden, both the front and back of the cottage boast beautiful cottage gardens. At the front, a stunning cherry tree and apple tree add a touch of natural beauty and creates a welcoming atmosphere. You can imagine sitting outside, sipping your morning coffee, enjoying the tranquil surroundings. If you’re a dog lover, you’ll be pleased to know that this cottage is dog friendly. With plenty of beautiful walks starting right from your doorstep, you and your furry friend can explore the countryside together (you can plot your routes from the Ordnance Survey map of Eydon on the wall of the study). The gently undulating natural landscape invites you to take leisurely walks or embark on more challenging hikes.
Beyond the cottage, Eydon offers a range of attractions and places of interest. The village itself is home to a charming wine shop, where you can discover a variety of wines to complement your evenings at the cottage. Additionally, a visiting butcher’s van provides a wealth of goods, ensuring you have access to high-quality local produce throughout your stay. For those looking to sample the local cuisine or enjoy a pint of ale, The Royal Oak, the village pub, is a must-visit and only 5 minutes’ walk. Here, you can mingle with the friendly locals and experience the warm hospitality that characterises village life.
As for nearby attractions, Northamptonshire offers a wealth of opportunities for exploration. You can discover hidden gems such as nearby country estates, historic houses, and stunning gardens. If you’re a history enthusiast, consider visiting Canons Ashby, a National Trust property that provides a glimpse into the past with its well-preserved Elizabethan manor house and delightful gardens. Sulgrave Manor, the ancestral home of George Washington, is another fascinating historical site worth exploring. For a change of pace, venture to Silverstone Circuit, one of the most renowned motor racing circuits in the world. Experience the thrill of speed and catch a race or simply take a tour of the facilities. Overall, Eydon and its surroundings offer a perfect blend of tranquillity, natural beauty, and cultural exploration. Whether you’re seeking relaxation or adventure, this charming holiday cottage serves as an idyllic base to make lasting memories.£124From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandSet in the heart of the Nene Valley countryside, this beautiful stone cottage is perfect for a family holiday or a quiet retreat. Lily Pad Cottages are set around a courtyard, have all been thoughtfully designed and are wheelchair accessible. Lily Pad 2 offers three bedrooms, one on the ground floor, and all can be made as super kingsize doubles or twins. There is also the option to request a Z-bed if flexible sleeping arrangements are preferred, by prior arrangement directly with the owner at an additional cost. There is an open plan living area and kitchen, and a ground floor bathroom with wet room-style shower area. Outside there is a patio and garden to sit and enjoy the sun. There is a beautiful relaxing indoor pool area which can be booked for exclusive use (free of charge) and it boasts comfortable seating, changing rooms, showers and a table tennis area.
Visitors to Lily Pad Cottages are spoilt for choices when it comes to entertainment, there is something for everyone in the family. Within walking distance of the cottages is a world of footpaths and greenways, winding alongside the stunning River Nene and out across the countryside. Many of these trails end at some very accommodating pubs that offer delicious food and drink, as well as a range of local beers. There are great street markets in Oundle (on Thursdays) and Stamford (On Fridays) which are both well worth a visit, while the beautiful Rushden Lakes development is just a 30-minute drive away, offering retail, entertainment and eating options all set around the Nene Wetlands conservation area. Burghley House and Park is only a short drive away, and Stamford is worth a visit.
Indeed, if wildlife and nature are of interest, Rutland Water is only a 20-minute drive and offers great leisure activities from a waterside stroll, learn to sail, windsurf or hire a bike and cycle around the reservoir, stopping for a picnic. Sacrewell Farm Park is home to the giant Shire Horses. Hamerton Zoo Park is 15 miles away but is so popular with visitors as it has some great exhibits, and children love the monkeys. For a day at the beach, Snettisham is a hive of activity for nature lovers and walkers, backing onto a coastal park with reed beds, scrub and marshland behind the shingle beach. It’s also adjacent to the RSPB Snettisham Reserve which hosts an incredible display of knot and pink-footed geese when the tides are right. Sandy beach at Hunstanton is great for children to search for sea life in the rock pools.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 42 guests.£187From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandA fabulous stay awaits you in the beautiful canalside village of Stoke Bruerne in the Northamptonshire countryside. The open plan accommodation has a lovely bedroom area leading to an en-suite shower room, and a light and airy kitchen, living and dining area which provides you with everything you would require for your self-catering holiday. Just outside, the property boasts an inviting hot tub which can be enjoyed all year round. With a choice of two pubs a stone’s throw from Dovecote, an Indian restaurant and a café, you’ll be spoilt for choice for eating options without getting in the car; a good excuse to get out of cooking whilst on holiday!
There are many other great country and village pubs within a few miles of Stoke Bruerne as well. The walks along the canal tow paths are beautiful, you can sit and watch the narrow boats go through the locks or take a leisurely boat trip to the mouth of the Blisworth Tunnel, known for being one of the longest tunnels in the UK. You can also visit the canal museum in the heart of the village. It’s the perfect place to relax and unwind, but should you want to explore the area, there is plenty to see and do including visits to many National Trust properties: Canons Ashby House, Claydon and Stowe Gardens and other historical homes and gardens such as Althorp House, Castle Ashby, Delapre Abbey, Holdenby House, Lamport Hall and Sulgrave Manor.
A little further afield is the stunning Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Winston Churchill, Bletchley Park, the once secret site of the World War II code breakers. Situated just a 15-minute drive away is Silverstone Race Circuit, home of British Grand Prix, MOTO GP, Silverstone Classic, and an interactive Museum Experience and where you can have many different driving experiences, a must for any car enthusiast. The market towns of Towcester and Northampton are within easy reach where you can find lots of local amenities. Fishing available nearby.£76From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandElinor Holiday Cottage is a collection of two barn conversions; Dragonfly and Kingfisher, set next to a trout fishing lake with some of the best unspoilt scenery in rural Northamptonshire. Relax, unwind and getaway from it all in these spacious ground floor properties, perfect for couples, friends and families. Both properties boast spacious living rooms, well-equipped kitchens and comfortable bedrooms with uninterrupted views from most windows.
Sheep and cattle regularly graze in the surrounding fields and if you enjoy fishing as a hobby, the next door lake is well stocked with trout and you can purchase day permits during your stay. There are many walks and cycling routes from the front door and a short stroll will take you into the neighbouring nature reserve where you can spot wildlife and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
Located in the heart of the Nene Valley, the cottages are situated halfway between the market towns of Oundle and Thrapston for all your local amenities, open air markets, high streets and an array of pubs, cafés and restaurants. Northamptonshire and the surrounding area boasts many historic and stately homes including Althorp House (Princess Diana’s ancestral home), Castle Ashby, Sulgrave Manor, Rockingham Castle, Wimpole Hall, Burghley House, Boughton House and Lyvedon. Fun for all the family can be found at Wickstead Park, 10 miles away, which is a charming family theme park dating back to the 1920s.
Canoeing on the River Nene is a great way to see the area and hiring a canoe for the day or a few hours is easy to do with a local company. Barnwell Country Park is also nearby with 15 hectares lakes, riverbank and meadows to explore. The larger towns of Northampton, Kettering and Peterborough are all within easy driving distance. The historic university city of Cambridge, where you can enjoy punting on the River Cam, is around 40 miles away.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 9 guests.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandFancy a unique self-catering experience? Want to get away from busy everyday life? Then this is the accommodation for you! Set in a quiet wooded spinney spanning 2.5 acres on a working farm is this charming eco-lodge which is completely off grid. Hand crafted by an artisan carpenter using sweet chestnut and reclaimed materials where possible, this one of a kind lodge has been created for a truly comfortable stay, perfect for a couple looking to escape, unwind and enjoy the great outdoors.
Inside the lodge, you are greeted by a comfy double bed, seating and dining area, kitchen which includes fridge and gas stove, cosy wood burner and a separate shower room complete with heated shower and a compositing toilet. Solar panels generate power for the lights, underfloor heating, fridge and sockets. Outside the lodge is the outdoor kitchen which includes a wood-fired oven, bar and fire pit barbecue with seating area. Slightly away from the lodge is a shared covered dining area. You also have use of the tiny shepherds hut; Bluebell, as a comfy lounge area with a wood burner.
The farm has been in the owner’s family since 1937 and farm goats, pigs, sheep and arable, the owners would be happy to show you around by appointment. You have stunning views from the decked area overlooking the fields where you’ll wake up to sheep and beautiful sunrises. The owners can also organise a ’cook it yourself’ breakfast and barbecue packs, other local produce and cakes from their bakery (charged locally). A truly unplugged and off grid experience.
Close to the village of Litcborough between the towns of Towcester and Daventry, there is much to see and do in the area if you can tear yourself away from the lodge. The Heart of the Shires shopping village where you can shop local from various independent retailers is only 6 miles away. The Grand Union Canal is close by where you can wander down the tow paths or for outdoor pursuits, Whilton Mill is approximately 8 miles away. For motorsport enthusiasts, Silverstone Circuit, home of the British Grand Prix, Moto GP and Silverstone Classic along with many other annual events, track days and museum is 11 miles. There are also many National Trust properties and historic houses in the area for you to explore and visit.£166From price per night based on 7 night stay