Dog-friendly Hotels Norfolk
Explore our collection of dog-friendly hotels in Norfolk, featuring fabulous seaside retreats and countryside manors that provide the perfect base for exploring this magnificent part of the country with your canine companion.
- North Walsham, England
Dog-friendly The Beechwood Hotel in Norfolk is an independently owned boutique country house hotel in the small market town of North Walsham close to the Norfolk coast, rated as one of the leading small hotels in the UK.£150Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Reedham, England
A wonderful lovingly cared for home, rich in character with its own enclosed lawn rear garden, located opposite the River Yare, in a lovely riverside location in the pretty conservation village of Reedham. During the 1900s this period thatch cottage, which is full of character, including exposed beams and a wood burner was the village inn and then became a sweet shop, and is now beautifully transformed into a loving home. The entrance hall opens into the open plan beamed living/dining room with wood burner, the sun room with seating is south facing and overlooks the River Yare. There is a well equipped kitchen with breakfast bar and stable door to the enclosed lawn garden. There is a ground floor twin bedroom and bathroom, while the first floor has two further double bedrooms and a toilet. The rear garden is tiered with steps leading up and onto a private parking area. Immediately outside is a great patio area with garden furniture.
Reedham is a conservation village with two pubs, one of which serves great food and is on the doorstep, there is a shop, café, fish and chip shop, and a railway station. There is good walking, cycling and bird watching available from the doorstep, while fishermen will delighted with the river fishing (in season, licence required), which is available opposite the property and alongside the rivers’ edge. There are many attractions within 30 miles, including the traditional seaside resort of Great Yarmouth with activities for all ages. Within easy reach are Wroxham, known as the capital of the Norfolk Broads, waterside restaurants, shops, daily boat hire and river trips. Petits Animal and Adventure Park is just 1-mile away, with BeWILDerwood tree top adventure park 18 miles and Lenwade Dinosaur Adventure Park 29 miles, popular for families with children. The city of Norwich, 17 miles, has two indoor shopping malls, market square, cinema complexes, theatre, castle museum, cathedral, art galleries and plenty of restaurants and inns. Beach 10 miles. Shop 350 yards, pub and restaurant 10 yards.£112From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Anne Stannard Way, EnglandThis contemporary, detached bungalow has been renovated throughout, providing stylish accommodation and is ideal for a holiday at any time of the year. Situated in the coastal village of Bacton, it is located in a quiet cul-de-sac just a short stroll from a sandy beach. The living room has a feature ornamental fireplace, French doors lead from the conservatory to the garden, and there is a large gravelled parking area with a garage.
The seaside resorts of Cromer and Sheringham are just 12 miles away, as is Wroxham, the ‘Capital of the Broads’. The stark natural beauty of the Broads is best appreciated from the water, and with daily river trips or boats to hire, Wroxham is as good a place as any to start down the River Bure. A day at the outdoor tree adventure park BeWILDerwood in Horning is sure to leave children in high spirits, and nearby Bacton Woods is ideal for cycling and woodland picnics. For avid gardeners, a visit to the Old Vicarage Gardens at East Ruston is a must in the summertime, and golfers won’t be disappointed with the courses at The Royal Cromer and Mundesley.
National Trust properties in the vicinity include Blickling Hall, Felbrigg Hall, Sheringham Park and Horsey Windpump. Visit Horsey Beach between December and February for your chance to spot hundreds of grey seals and pups along the shore. Alternatively, the historical city of Norwich boasts a number of theatres and museums, cobbled streets lined with shops and cafés, along with an outstanding cathedral. Walking, cycling, bird watching and sea fishing are also available locally. Shop 750 yards, pub and restaurant 350 yards.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Heckingham, EnglandHeckingham Manor has a very secluded location, standing detached with no immediate neighbours, situated in its own large secure lawn gardens with uninterrupted views to open countryside. This holiday farmhouse is full of character, comfortably furnished and equipped to provide all modern day comforts, including fibre optic super fast broadband. It is situated at the owners’ mixed farm at Heckingham Hall in the heart of South Norfolk. This mixed farm has rare breed animals including native ’red poll’ cattle and farms with consideration for wildlife and the environment. Guests are welcome to enjoy the practices of the farm; an informative guided walk around the farm and its animals is given by the farmer. Guests are welcome to walk around the designated grass tracks and see the amazing wildlife including deer, owls, woodpeckers and lapwings. The quiet lanes and footpaths offer excellent walking and cycling direct from doorstep. It is within and easy drive of the Norfolk Broads for daily boat hire and river trips. There are traditional seaside resorts with excellent sandy beaches including Lowestoft ,17 miles. Pleasurewood Hills American Theme Park, 17 miles. Somerleyton Hall and Gardens, 9 miles. Southwold, 22 miles. beach, life boat, museum, lighthouse, shops, cafes and pubs. Also close by is the market town of Beccles, the Reedham ferry, 2 miles and Norwich is 14 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£208From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Holt, EnglandThis stylish, brick and flint, period, terraced holiday cottage provides a lovely bolt hole for couples seeking a romantic retreat or small families looking for somewhere special to relax and unwind. Boasting a private hot tub and duck feather bedding and set in a private lane, positioned on the edge of the Georgian market town of Hol,t it is literally footsteps to this much sought-after town centre which has lots of artisan cafés, restaurants, shops and inns. It is also a short drive leads to the stunning North Norfolk coastline with sandy beaches and a wealth of RSPB nature and bird reserves. Enjoy cycling along quiet lanes, trails and walking at Holt Lowes, Gas Hill and Spout Hill, tennis within 1 mile, horse riding and golf within 5 miles. Picturesque villages of Blakeney and Cley are both 5 miles away. Beauty therapy treatments available by arrangement. Shops, pubs and restaurants 200 yards.£65From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Plumstead, EnglandLocated within the owner’s 4-acre grounds, tucked away in the North Norfolk village of Plumstead Green and set amidst countryside. Each of these holiday properties have been skilfully designed to offer guests comfort and privacy, and all have their own patio seating area with furniture. Guests are welcome to enjoy shared use of the surrounding lawned gardens and paddocks with sheep, chickens and geese. With walking and cycling on the doorstep, this is an ideal location to explore the wonderful North Norfolk coastline complete with its wide sandy beaches, NT nature and bird reserves. There are pretty villages with a variety of shops and many excellent eating and drinking establishments scattered throughout the area. There is an award winning village pub located at the end of the 2-mile lane. The Georgian market town of Holt is 4 miles. The traditional seaside town of Sheringham, 6 miles, has a sandy beach, Splash leisure pool and Norfolk Steam Railway. Seaside resort of Cromer, 8 miles, for promenade garden, pier, zoo and town shopping centre. Historical locations and places of interest all within an hour’s drive include Sheringham Gardens, Felbrigg and Blickling Hall (both NT), Walsingham Shrine and Abbey ruins, Holkham Hall and beach. Shops 4 miles, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£49From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bacton, EnglandSamphire is perfect for summer holidays or winter escapes, for reunions and family gatherings. This delightful, three-storey, Victorian mid-terrace property has been completely renovated to provide spacious and stylish accommodation, an ideal choice at any time of year. There is a great, contemporary kitchen with breakfast area, and a spacious living/dining room which is great for entertaining. It has four bedrooms in total; three bedrooms on first floor comprising two kingsize rooms, one of which boasts en-suite facilities, and a twin room, together with the family bathroom. On the second floor is a bedroom designed with four single beds, a great space to ‘hang out’ with toys, books, DVDs and games, plus a Playstation 3 and a 43" Freeview TV.
The property is located in the coastal village of Bacton just 200 yards away from a sandy beach. Popular Bacton Wood is close by for walking, cycling, picnics and bird watching. Great family days out include the outdoor adventure park BeWILDerwood at Horning, Dinosaur Park at Lenwade, Pettits Animal Park at Reedham and Banham Zoo. Cromer and Sheringham are 12 miles away for traditional seaside attractions, or visit Wroxham, known as the ‘capital of the Broads’, 12 miles, where you can hire a day boat and explore the waterways. There is also a train station, model village, waterside restaurants, cafés and shops available.
For the gardener, a visit to the 32 acres of garden at the Old Vicarage Gardens at East Ruston is a must. Golfers will enjoy Mundesley and the Royal Cromer golf course. National Trust properties nearby include Blickling Hall, Felbrigg Hall, Sheringham Park and Horsey Wind Pump. Visit Horsey Beach between December and February, and you may spot hundreds of grey seals and pups on the beach. Alternatively, visit the historical city of Norwich, with its cathedral, theatres, museums, cobbled streets and array of shops and cafés. Sea fishing is available nearby. Beach 200 yards. Shop and restaurant 350 yards, pub 1 mile.£114From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Eccles-on-Sea, EnglandIdeal for friends and couples wishing to enjoy a beach holiday, Wayfarer is set all on ground floor. It is tucked alongside the sand dunes between Eccles-on-Sea and Sea Palling, just yards from the amazing sandy beach. Fully refurbished in 2020, this terraced holiday property offers an outstanding level of presentation and comfort. A truly wonderful base for a seaside holiday, whilst enjoying extensive countryside views.
Winterton’s circular walks and nature reserve, as well as fishing, boat trips and boat hire on the beautiful Norfolk Broads, are all nearby. Visit the grey seal colony and their pups at Horsey Gap Beach (between November and February) ot the traditional seaside resort of Great Yarmouth, 18 miles. Alternatively, visit the fine city of Norwich, 20 miles, with its castle, cathedral, museums, theatres and shopping. Walking, sailing, fishing, birdwatching and cycle hire are all available locally. The owner offers a full laundry service to guests at a charge. Beach 300 yards. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£89From price per night based on 7 night stay