With wonderful scenery and awe-inspiring landscapes, Lancashire is absolutely bursting with natural beauty. From countryside and moorlands to coastline and the infamous seaside town of Blackpool, there's plenty of amazing sights for you and your canine companion to discover on your dog-friendly short break.
- Preston, Lancashire , England
A beautiful Grade II listed Georgian house set in three acres of mature lawns and gardens, dog-friendly Farington Lodge in Lancashire is a wonderfully tranquil, rural retreat offering a delightful blend of historic grandeur and contemporary luxury.£109Price per night from
- Blackpool, EnglandSeaview House is a superb, beachfront townhouse boasting stunning sea views in the heart of Cleveleys. Set across three floors, there is a double bedroom on the ground floor as well as a twin with an amazing Star Wars theme in recognition of the recent filming of the movie in the town. On this floor you’ll also find a beautifully designed shower room, a laundry area with washing machine and drier, and access out to the garden which has a decking area with seating perfect for al-fresco dining. The first floor has a bright and spacious open plan layout with a well-equipped kitchen, dining area and living room complete with a corner sofa, 55 inch TV and stylish electric fire with LED lighting. Upstairs on the third floor, you’ll find the master bedroom with gorgeous views out over the beach and a fourth bedroom with kingsize bed as well as a bathroom with shower over the bath.
Located in the very centre of this bustling seaside resort, Seaview House is just yards away from the seafront as well as being close to a number of bars, restaurants, shops and cafés. There are miles of beach to explore with lots of dog friendly sections for your furry friends. The bright lights of Blackpool are just 4 miles away and can be reached on foot following the promenade along the seafront. Here you’ll find its many attractions including, Blackpool Tower, Pleasure Beach and Blackpool Zoo. Just a few miles further will take you to the rolling sand dunes of Lytham St Anne’s and the cosmopolitan Lytham which holds annual events such as The Proms and a kite festival. Venture inland and you’ll find the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, known for its picturesque country villages, wonderful walking and friendly local pubs. The Yorkshire Dales National Park is also within easy reach as is the Lake District National Park.£89From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandThese lovely barn conversions stand adjacent to the owner’s home, and boast a favourable position in a rural location. Located on a working sheep and beef farm, they are just 330 yards from the centre of the pretty village of Kelbrook. Guests at Moorgate Farm can enjoy the wonderful views of Pendle Hill and the surrounding countryside, whilst being close enough to the centre of the village to be able to walk to the local pub. With an abundance of local walks from the doorstep, these are a perfect retreat for families, couples or groups of friends.
The small village of Kelbrook lies near the Lancashire/Yorkshire border, which means that guests can take advantage of everything these two rural counties have to offer. Just 9 miles from the charming market town of Skipton, the ‘Gateway to the Yorkshire Dales’, guests can enjoy the local market and the selection of pubs, shops, cafés and restaurants available. Clitheroe and the Forest of Bowland, Lancashire’s Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, is just 10 miles away and offers an abundance of walking, cycling and local gastronomy to try. After a long day exploring and sightseeing, the private hot tub is a welcome retreat in which to relax and recharge. Shop, pub and restaurant 550 yards.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 14 guests.£111From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandEnjoying a rural location that is just 1 mile from the bustling town of Clitheroe, Number 5 The Granary offers well-proportioned and comfortable accommodation in the heart of Lancashire’s Ribble Valley. Ideal for families and couples, this spacious semi-detached barn has been thoughtfully designed to provide everything guests need from a holiday home. Comprising of comfortable bedrooms, contemporary bathrooms and fantastic open plan living area with a well-equipped kitchen and plenty of comfy seating from which to enjoy the Smart TV and Wi-Fi. The wood burning stove provides a welcoming focal point around which to relax, and its central position within the room means it can be enjoyed from any angle. Additional facilities include a downstairs cloakroom and toilet, separate utility and French windows from the kitchen leading onto the private patio. Plenty of parking also means that you can leave the car behind when heading into the town centre, which if you don’t fancy a mile’s walk is just a short bus or taxi ride.
The market town of Clitheroe is regarded as the capital of Lancashire’s Ribble Valley and apart from its Norman castle, has a great selection of shops, bars, cafes and restaurants. Other popular towns and villages within the Ribble Valley include Longridge, Chatburn, Ribchester, Waddington and Whalley. With stunning scenery and lots of charming country pubs, the Ribble Valley is perfect for walkers and cyclists. The Forest of Bowland, which is one of the UK’s designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, covers over 300 square miles of rural Lancashire, and North Yorkshire is right on the doorstep. Other popular walks include Pendle Hill and the Tolkien Trail. The Forest of Gisburn is just 12 miles away. Other popular activities nearby include golf, fishing and swimming.
Families with children will enjoy Clitheroe Castle Museum, 1.5 miles, Bashall Barn, 4 miles, and Bowland Wild Boar Park, 10 miles. Should you wish to venture further afield, No 5 The Granary is ideally placed for touring thanks to its proximity to the motorway network and there is easy access for both coast and country. Blackpool, whose many attractions include the famous tower, Pleasure Beach, zoo, Sealife Centre and Madame Tussauds, is within a 45 minute drive. Shop and pub 1 mile, restaurant ½ mile.
5 The Granary can be booked with Holgate’s Granary (UKC1260) to accommodate up to 12 guests.£72From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Blackpool, EnglandNestled in a quiet residential area in the wonderful seaside town of Cleveleys, this delightful bungalow offers a perfect base just ½ mile from the main beachfront promenade. Completely refurbished in 2022, you’ll find The Bungalow beautifully maintained, with a multitude of rooms in which to relax and re-charge.
The back garden is enclosed, making this a great space to enjoy the outdoors when the weather allows, whilst indoors, each of the bedrooms features its own Smart TV, so lazy Sunday mornings are catered for.
Cleveleys has a real holiday atmosphere and is home to plenty of shops, pubs, bars and restaurants, all within easy reach from the property. As you’d expect on the seafront, you’ll find benches and pavement cafés from where you can watch the world go by, as well as fish and chip shops and ice cream parlours for those traditional holiday treats. You can jump on the tram to visit the neighbouring fishing town of Fleetwood, or the ’glitz and glamour’ of Blackpool, which needs little introduction.
For a change of scenery, why not visit the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty? It will take around a 30-minute drive, or the Lake District National Park can be reached in around an hour. Coast or countryside, relaxing or exploring - however you plan to enjoy your stay, you won’t be disappointed with The Bungalow. Beach ½ mile.£58From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandThis outstanding detached house can be found in the Greater Manchester town of Little Lever just 10 minutes’ drive from the centre of Bolton. Newly renovated throughout in 2022, the property is incredibly spacious, beautifully presented and benefits from off road parking and sizable gardens. Perfect for low key group gatherings and family get togethers you will find the kitchen and dining area is wonderfully social and opens out onto the enclosed gardens. Glass sliding doors then lead you into the living room, which is of a good size, and for anyone less mobile there is even an operational lift to the first floor. Upstairs the bedrooms are impressive, some with double height ceilings – you will not be disappointed.
Across the road from the property is a park perfect for those with children or four legged friends and there is also a nice selection of food serving pubs, cafés, take aways and coffee shops all within a 5 - 10-minute walk. Bolton itself is a vibrant town with ample facilities, and then the city of Manchester is just 30 minutes down the road. For those wanting to explore the great outdoors there is some beautiful countryside in the surrounding areas. You can take a walk-through Jumbles County Park or a trip to Smithills Open Farm. Excellent walking and cycling are available such as the Turton and Entwistle Trail which takes you around Entwistle Reservoir. There’s Moss Bank Park which occupies 34 hectares of woodland and Rivington Pike, which is a well-known walking and hiking landmark where you are rewarded with one of the best viewpoints in Northwest England. Finally let us not forget The Trafford Centre which is around a 20-minute drive and home to Sea Life Manchester, Chill Factore and Lego Land.£400From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandThis traditional farmhouse and cottage ooze stylish yet old-style living accommodation throughout. The owners have made many memories and have now decided to open the doors to holiday makers to continue to create more lasting memories for others to enjoy!
Sweetpea farm provides a comfortable, grand and unforgettable stay! Cherry Tree Cottage - UK38511 and Sweetpea Farm House - UK38512 are situated in the quiet market town of Barnoldswick resting in the civil parish in the Borough of Pendle in the county of Lancashire. They lie near the Yorkshire Dales National Park and the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Ideally located to visit the whole of the North West of England, with countryside, bustling cities and the seaside, all accessible within an hour.
Sweetpea Farm House, the larger property of the two, is a home away from home. With a welcoming porch ideal for your muddy boots and doggy leads through to a cosy lounge with two sumptuous sofas, TV and a wood burner. An ideal place to get yourself toasty warm after a day out exploring. Walking through to the next rooms you will find two good-sized downstairs bedrooms with double beds, downstairs toilet and wash hand basin, along with a traditional and spacious kitchen/dining room. Upstairs are two further bedrooms and family bathroom.
Cherry Tree Cottage consists of two bedrooms, one bathroom and open plan living/kitchen area over two floors. Both have well-equipped kitchens providing everything you need to make you feel at home. Fully equipped for a full home cooked meal, or why not venture out and try a local takeaway! Externally, the property benefits from parking for up to 2 cars. With rolling countryside scenery surrounded by fields; get your boots on and soak up the sun without even stepping foot on a road for miles. Nearby, you will find shops, petrol station, pubs and much more!
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 12 guests.£78From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lancaster, EnglandThis stylish two bedroomed lodge is perfect for families or small groups alike. The lounge is contemporary with a spacious seating area to relax it has a Smart TV with Netflix and DVD for entertainment. The dining area offers ample seating for four and adjoins the well equipped kitchen. To the rear of the lodge are two bedrooms, one a double and the other a twin. There is a bathroom with toilet, sink, shower cubicle and Heated towel rail. Outside there is a wonderful decking area with outdoor furniture and fabulous views out to sea and across Morecambe Bay. Here, you can enjoy a morning coffee or perhaps your favourite evening tipple.
Morecambe Bay is famous for it’s sunsets. The lodge is perfectly placed on a very popular holiday complex near Heysham. Located right on the seafront offering fantastic views of the stunning Irish Sea. Kids and adults are both well entertained with a range of activities, including a heated indoor pool, sauna, sports and leisure facilities, show bar, children’s entertainment, restaurant, beer garden, arcade, laundrette and small shop. Swim in the heated indoor pool or relax in the sauna while the kids can enjoy the indoor soft play and outdoor playground. After a day exploring, enjoy a meal at one of the restaurants or a drink in the brand new Sports Bar, the Show bar offers weekend entertainment. Please note: park facilities open ten months of the year (closed Dec & Jan.) Located a short distance from Morecambe a seaside resort with a sandy beach and long promenade. On the north end of the promenade, you can find Happy Mount Park, open all year round. A traditional park with an adventure playground, summer splash area, sports pitches, events and café On the southern end of the promenade there’s the Midland Hotel, an internationally renowned Art-Deco building designed by Oliver Hill and restored for the 21st Century. Non-Residents can enjoy sophisticated glamour, afternoon tea and classy cocktails here. For wetter days or evening entertainment, Morecambe’s Soul Bowl is located on Central Promenade with it’s ten bowling lanes with a restaurant and bar. If you wish to venture in the opposite direction, historic Lancaster is a short drive away. Lancaster Castle is a must see as is a visit to Willamson Park and Butterfly House.£57From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandDating back to the 1700s these three stone built properties can be found in a beautiful rural location near Delph, Saddleworth surrounded by acres of farmland and moorland. With a selection of country pubs within walking distance and all the attractions of Saddleworth no more than 3 miles away making the most fabulous base from which to explore with plenty to see and do nearby. Situated at the end of a no through road, the location is peaceful and provides the perfect location to get away from the everyday hustle and bustle of life, whilst being just 30 minutes from the city of Manchester.
Shiloh Farm is perfect for small groups and large families with all the amenities you could need in a home away from home. On the ground floor there’s a large sociable kitchen with underfloor heating, a huge lounge and dining area with wood-burning stove for cosy winter evenings, and a shower room plus utility. Upstairs you’ll find four bedrooms with stunning countryside views, plus a family bathroom with both walk in shower and whirlpool bath for soaking weary legs. Outside there’s a private garden accessed by 10 steps, with views that stretch all the way over to Wales on a clear day. Beautifully designed for couples.
Shiloh Barn was originally part of Shiloh Farm and has since been converted from stables, keeping the old charm and character of the building. The ground floor space is all open plan, and upstairs the large bedroom has a fitted bath within it, as well as a separate en-suite shower room. There’s a small terrace outside the barn which is a wonderful spot to sit and have a drink in the evening sun.
Finally The Old Stables, which as the name suggests has also been converted from stables. Full of character with exposed beams and industrial style fittings, you’ll find the ground floor is open plan and sociable by design. Upstairs are two double bedrooms, plus a shower room making the property perfect for couples or small families. Again, there’s a small terrace for an evening drink or morning coffee in the sun.
On the Edge of the Peak District National Park nestled amongst the Saddleworth Hills, guests can enjoy the large areas of open countryside with many local footpaths to explore and stunning views. A 30-minute walk will take you to the centre of Delph which offers a selection of pubs and restaurants, with food choices available from traditional fish and chips to Spanish tapas and Indian cuisine. There are three pubs within walking distance, the closest being around 10 minutes, which offers good home cooked food and stunning views of Oldham and Manchester on a clear day. In addition to this Uppermill is a 10-minute drive and has a great offering of cafés, bars and restaurants.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 14 guests.£154From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandThese two well-equipped, luxury and modern bungalow style holiday cottages both benefitting from private gardens and a hot tub each and breath-taking views. Why not venture out on the local walks right on your doorstep or enjoy a glass of your favourite drink and soak up the sun from your bubbling hot tub.
Enjoy the splendid location and picturesque scenery. Bolton By Bowland is within a proximity to shops, tea rooms, restaurants, and bars all within a short drive away. There is so much to do here from popular woodland walks, famous forests, a golf course, castle, swimming pool and pet farms. Centrally located for visiting the Ribble valley, Yorkshire dales and the Lake district. Entering the property from the allocated car parking spaces, you will find an open plan lounge and kitchen area. The properties have been specifically designed to show off the stunning views while you create lasting memories on your holiday! The living area consists of sumptuous sofas, smart TV a perfect area to wind down after a day exploring. A modern and well-equipped kitchen and dining area awaits you, additionally benefitting from a dishwasher and washing machine. A wonderful dining area ideal for enjoying those home cooked meals or a takeaway depending on your fancy.
Wander through to two modern and spacious double bedrooms, the master bedroom contains a luxury king sized, bed stylish furnishings including a built-in wardrobe and dressing table and a modern en-suite shower room. The second bedroom contains two lovely single beds and a second ensuite bathroom. Externally, the properties benefit gardens, a hot tub each and private allocated parking. Take in the peaceful surroundings and soak up the sun while enjoying these luxury holiday home
A warm welcome will always await you at Ribble View and Skirden View, their stunning and peaceful location will be sure to knock your socks off.£172From price per night based on 7 night stay